Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Larianne,

Cop yourself on or you'll end up alone, living with cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

No wonder i'm suspicious with all you've done to me in the past. Selfish isn't a big enough word for you.

Just continue to think of yourself and see how far that gets ya

How do you expect me to react. Grow the f*k up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Why do you think it's okay to waltz in multiple times during the night to wake me up? Lest you forget I have to be up for work in the morning. You've woken me up twice already tonight. Is there any point in going back to sleep or shall I wait til you go to bed before I go back to sleep? F**k you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dear self*,

You are the most infuriating person I know. The frustration you cause by being the single biggest obstacle to yourself is incomprehensible. I dunno how you do it - it'd actually be fairly impressive if it weren't such a damn nuisance. To have gotten to this point in your life without accomplishing anything of note, and with no idea of what you'd even possibly like to accomplish - how does even one do that? Well, somehow you managed it. Congratulations. You should write a book on wasting your life away; you're probably an international grandmaster at this stage.

Where do you hope to be in a year's time? A decade? 2 decades? What would you like to have accomplished? Attempted? How much knowledge would you like to have gained? What skills attained? Can you even answer a single one of these? Can you even say what you'd like to have done by next week let alone next year? So many questions and you don't know where to start.

"I don't know what I'm doing" should be your epitaph. Now get the fook off the internet and go to sleep.

Yours exasperatingly,
    Fluorescence

*Yes I talk to myself in 2nd person. Don't judge me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Dear Fluorescence
    Don't be do hard on yourself :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Dear best friend,
    I really like you, you really like me.
    We are everything a couple should be and I'm seriously falling for you.
    I cannot get over how happy I am at the moment.
    You mean the world to me <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've posted a confession on motherless - you know its you. Read it and take it to heart. I'm getting sick of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Please please please let something turn up. Let this be it now!!! And give me some luck!!

PS: Really looking forward to next week. Please dont fall through or else be bad. Really need the break!!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭lilium inter Spinas

Dear _______,

I wish you would give me the chance to prove that not everyone is out to f*ck you over. But you freeze up on me every time I try to get close to you. Why are you punishing me for the things of your past? I thought I had proven my devotion to you despite our differences. Despite being worlds away from one another. But slowly I'm starting to realize... I may not be the one for you despite your claims. Truth be told, I don't know if that person exists. And if they do, would they be willing to endure what I have up to now, or be willing to make sacrifices for you?
    I hope one day you figure out what you want out of life. And I hope you find your happiness. You deserve every bit of it.

With love,

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

We're now seeing each other exclusively. You've absolutely no idea how happy that makes me feel <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear Ex,
    How lovely of you to break up with me today after I paid for dinner last night and we had sex multiple times. Clearly had it planned out but wanted one last ride, eh? Apparently I'm "too young" to date but clearly not too young to fúck.
    Just thought I'd let you know that after you changed our status on facebook to 'single' your work colleague messaged me to ask me out on a date tomorrow. You know, the guy who got that promotion you were so sure you'd get a few months back and flirted with me all night at your Christmas party.
    Gosh, us kids to the darndest things :)
    Toodles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

B,

Who the hell was I kidding?

This hurts so much and there is nobody I can talk to about it. I can hardly breathe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Often torture myself wondering what I did to deserve this treatment. I'm there for you when you need me, I listen to your lies, I do anything I can to help you out. Friendship is about give and take, lending a shoulder or an ear when needed. You offer nothing in return. You ignore me, you talk about me behind my back, you tell lies about me, you turn other people against me with made up stories. You are a user. I'm done with this "friendship". I don't care if that means I'll have to make new friends. I'd rather be lonely and peaceful than surrounded by liars and backstabbers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Z. If family is so important to you, how come you didn't make the wedding? How can you defend X not sending a wedding card, nor a 40th birthday card? How can you ignore Y when she made the effort to contact you? Why is X's medical condition more worthy than W? Why have you only visited W the one time, in all those years?

WinterSong wrote: »
    B,

Who the hell was I kidding?

This hurts so much and there is nobody I can talk to about it. I can hardly breathe.

There's always somebody, don't keep it bottled up inside of you. You'll be surprised how much it eases the pain when you share. Be good to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Rest in peace T. I love you xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well it's almost a week ago now. This is so hard but I know it's for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

Dear Mum, thank you for such a warm and happy childhood and for staying so close to me.

Why did God take you away ?

Where are you now ?

I will always love you.
    XXXX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

You,

You've worked very hard over the last year to get to the strong person you are today.

Don't let one little thing send you hurtling backwards. Remember your worth.

Me. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

Thank you for holding me tightly and understanding, without me having to explain my pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Just please come back home safe, email me as soon as you get a chance please, i am so worried about you.

You were always the one to tell me everything would be okay but now that it's the fact that you're gone that has me feeling like this, I'm so lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

Dear Life,
    Throw me a frickin bone, i'm tired of all the drama, all i ask is for some peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I just want to say thank you.

Thank you for feeding me a line after three months of hot and cold, over and back, on-again off-again getting to know each other.

Thank you for making me feel needy, desperate and unreasonable for reading too much into the fact that you kept asking me out and kept kissing me and for assuming this meant you were interested.

Thank you for pulling me back in after Christmas when I assumed that things had naturally petered out; for reeling me in with more dates and more kisses.

Thank you for not being honest until you were pushed into it. Thank you for being indecisive, passive, awkward, weak-willed, wishy washy.

And thank you for avoiding me all night on Saturday. For making me feel about three inches small for wanting to stand beside the guy I've been dating for the last few months on his 30th birthday. For running away from me at the end of the night like a small boy when I asked you to come home with me.

But most of all, thank you for making me realize that all of this is entirely my fault.

You are who you are, and I knew that since before we even had our first date. That time you asked me for coffee while you were downtown, and then just went home. I spent an hour getting ready. I made sure I looked gorgeous for you. And then you just decided to go home.

I felt it in my gut then and I've felt it every single day since.

"Oh no".

Disappointment.

Thank you for disappointing me every day for the last three months.

Because I was complicit in that disappointment; I stuck it out every day when I should have walked away. I made excuses for you. I gave you a second chance. I was blinded by my want for you and didn't see that we are incompatible as people. My principles are so much stronger. My respect for others is on solid ground.

Because I feel so sad and lost right now, and it has nothing to do with you. It has everything to do with the fact that I'm looking outside of myself for what needs to come from within.

Because you're not a bad guy, but you're romantically impossible, emotionally unavailable, one big head fuck, and I need to take a good hard look within myself to find out why I keep falling for guys like you.

Thank you for giving me that gift.

I will never let a man disrespect me as you have again. You are now the example of what I am unwilling to put up with; you will be the mistake that changed me.

Everything is reminding me of you today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Dear Boss

Your damn right I am not engaged right now, I can't stand this dump and I can't wait for the day I can hand in my notice!

Dear C

Looking at houses with nice kitchens for me..... well that escalated quickly ;)

I miss home, I miss Ireland a lot. But I hope and pray that certain sections of boards aren't representative of Ireland today.

Because if it is, you can stuff your racism, sectarianism, homophobia and the rest of it up your arff.

You post here, thinking your prejudices are amusing and playing to the gallery but you know what; it's just hilighting your ingorance and stupidity.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

I know that in time I will see your decision not to reply as the exact thing I needed to move on, but right now it is heartbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Gutted. So very angry and upset. We've torn our lives apart for this chance, and we've been kept in the dark drip fed information and dangled on a thread and yet now we hear, second hand, that not enough commitment has been shown by US!! What more proof do you need? We're here, we've put everything into this, ready and waiting for you to get you to get your act together. I can't even begin to say what I want because I'm so confused and hurt, my head is spinning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

Dear Me,

Find that motivation, get stuck in, stop dawdling!!!

Me.

Advertisement