Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Why do you care so much about what other people think of you? Your preoccupation with it is actually severely affecting what YOU think of you.

Relax, you're awesome. The most important people say so, and they can't all be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

Because I can't say it to your face or to any of our "friends" -

You are far too skinny and sexually impotent beyond what any young woman should have to deal with. Is that why you ended things? Embarrassment? Anxiety?

Because I was as nice and as understanding as you're going to get. And I've felt like shit for the last few weeks but know - not out of childish defiance or bitterness, but by basic calculations - that I'm the one worth being with out of the two of us.

What a waste of time for me and what a loss for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

J - Still waiting! Please let it be yes!!:D

L - Things feel better than ever, let it last! I missed it.

A - I did it. I finally cut the strings holding me back. Feel so confident and proud of myself at the moment, but I'm sure it'll hit me eventually and thats when I'll really be tested. I know I'm better off without you. Not that you even care. Didn't even have the decency to reply when it doesnt suit you. Why why did I think I was pursuing the right track, when no one close to me thought you deserved me!
    Its really scary to see I thought that little of myself that much.

So let everything go my way this week. Please! I need the boost, new start, new chances. If we cross paths again, I want to feel nothing! that would feel amazing!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

To my future self,

Read this post a year from now and be proud at how far you've come.
    Don't read with regrets. Start now and in one year you'll be where you want to be.
    Don't write yourself another post in a year saying the same thing.

Start today and you'll be one step closer to goal. Start next year and it's another year wasted.

Get to where you want to go and start now.

Love,

Today's self.
    Xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I totally get it now.

I didn't grieve long enough for you, for us, for the one guy who showed me everything I wanted, if only for a fleeting few months.

I jumped right in with B, thinking that would kill the pain of it, or at least distract me long enough to forget about it. And I got more than I bargained for.

I wish figuring that out would help with the pain, but it only seems to make it worse. Because I'm sitting here at 3.36am wondering where the hell it all went wrong. All I wanted was what seems to come easily to almost everyone else.

Oh how I wish you were my last experience of lust & desire & romance & relationships, because when I was with you, I could believe in it. You made it safe, you made it easy.

Now I don't know what to believe.

I hope you're happy whatever you're up to. I still miss you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

When I close my eyes I'm honestly right back there. I can feel your hand on mine like electricity. I can feel the thrill of nerves, a knot in my gut, untangling the instant you hugged me. The noise, the bustle, the joy in finally being alone with you, the assurance that for a few weeks at least, I would still see you regularly. The fact that there was something concrete to look forward to. The fact that almost everything you said/did made it onto The List.

I wish more than anything I could relive that day with you. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Please be okay, you've been the only consistent person in my life, all my life. You've always got my back and I love you more than I can even say, even thinking about anything happening to you gives me a lump in my throat and I can barely breathe. Deep down I kind of know what those results are going to say. Both of us do. But I'm terrified, I'm scared for you and I'm scared for me, because I know without you, I won't be able to hold it all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear you,
    unforgettable you,
    I missed your hugs too.
    Lets not leave it so long the next time, ok?
    XxX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

To my 18 year old self

You're about to embark on this wonderful, amazing journey. Here is some advice for along the way.

I know you are very excited to leave school and be a grownup but remember, although you are legally an adult there are still so many things you dont know, so many painful lessons to learn, and so many people who want to hurt and take advantage of you. Allow yourself to still be a child for now. Remember that Mam and Dad are always "on duty" to protect you...even when you're in your 40's - you never stop being their child.

Dont do Science because it "opens doors" and because you are not sure what you want to be. Forget college, go to work and save your money. In a few years time you will find yourself back in college anyway, paying huge fees to finally do something you love...and you will wonder why you bothered with that first degree. Life is not all about ticking boxes. It's about being happy, being your best and doing what you love.

Dont think you are in love when you are actually only "in lust". Breakups may floor you in your youth when they come out of nowhere and leave you wondering what you did wrong, but your true heartbreak will happen later in life when we are all more grownup.

Appreciate your mam and dad, they will not stay young forever. Some day you'll sit down and think about how you are doing increasingly more for them as time goes on, and you see that slowly, the roles reverse.

People are not looking at you as much as you think they are.

Be happy with your body - in ten years you'll be two sizes bigger but feel more beautiful than ever :)

Please, please, please look after your credit rating. It's so important. Oh and try to save. You just dont know when you will need that bit extra.

Dont start smoking. It's smelly and gross and hazardous (and will get more and more expensive between now and 2013 - they are even going to get rid of the boxes of 10!)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iluvcake

Dear M,

Roses are Red,
    Violets are Blue,
    Not a day goes by,
    That I don't think of you. Xxxxx:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Dear p,

Well done. A year ago you'd never have had the self confidence and courage to do this. Even if it doesn't work out, you should be proud of yourself for coming on so much in the past few months.

Dear k,

Thanks for all the support. Who's awesome? You're awesome x

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

dear C,thanks for destroying my faith in women,u have ruined my confidence and trust,but i still miss you,that bit wears me down.your one of the reasons im getting out of town,it was 2years at xmas i still want to hold u,but i hope we never meet again it would be to tough.

dear me,give urself a break man,if u get that letter so be it,dont worry about wat others think,let them judge u.

dear life,where are u going??? u have'nt budged in 4years,get out an change it for urself,ur new life is out there,maybe she is to....

dear ireland,f*$k you,thanks for ruining mine an everyone elses life with greed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Cheer's for forgetting my birthday. It's not like it's an easy day to forget, maybe the messages on my Facebook were a little hint? Or on the post we both commented on earlier in the day? No? Maybe not, you could be that oblivious. Maybe you're just a cow, and I should just give up on you and live my life in peace. If only it were that simple :(

Some sister you are.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

F,

You really need to grow up and cop the fu*k on. Do you really have that little respect for others? Whatever about me, but your own mother?!

I am ashamed to be your sister.

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I guess you attempted to tell me.

I guess I'm just stupid.

Next time, be blunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

You know how much it hurts me that you still have contact with your ex.

If I was doing something that I knew hurt you...I would stop!

I dont understand why your ex is so important to you that you are willing to go on hurting the one you love to keep in touch with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

K - we gotta work this out, somehow

C - give me more time alone to get my self together

Brother - don't die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

AAAGH why aren't we together? Everyone can see it. We can see it, but the both of us are too used to being single and are afraid of change. You hung on every word I spoke tonight, you wore a stupid Diamond bracelet I gave you for a laugh, you wouldn't leave my side, you're my boy BFF. Look how pretty we look on FB. Ask me out dammit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kieran31

Why? Why? is the question i want to ask.
    im 31 and my life is nothing now cause of your action's.8 years wasted trying to make a life with you..your friends became my friends when we were together then you decide to go off with some 1 else in front of them and no 1 tells me...i based my life around yours, doing everything i could to make your life better.everything we did was for your benefit i realize that now.i now wake up every day wishing i didnt...i have no1,no friends left,no family left and there is no work to keep me busy... absolutely nothing in my life worth waking up for.but its not all your fault its mine aswell for loving you as much as i did.now i just wish the worst for you...
    i cant trust any1 or even talk to any1 without getting upset/pissed off,i see couple's/families on the street and i get angry cause ill never have that,i see people having live's and i get angry cause i cant have that.
    i feel like i have wasted the prime of my life on ungrateful people.i consider myself a good person who always tries to do the right thing and it always ends up being thrown back at me..usualy with a knife twisted in my back for good measure.
    Thanks for killing my soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

Doing the small things with a little bit of love, awareness and respect would cost you nothing, but mean a great deal to me.
    I wish i was not upset by this action of yours but it has hurt me.
    I was doing kind of ok, trying my best to sift through the shattered pieces of our lives and find the pieces that still have meaning & value to me and put them back together. i was getting there, finding my centre again, my wholeness and then your actions hit me deep inside, ripping apart the wounds that were healing.
    I cannot ask any thing of you. Of me, i ask myself to be strong, to be hopeful, to continue to believe in the goodness of people and to try and treat all people i meet with love and interest and compassion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

Flatmate,

Use my cups from my cupboard again and i will saw your arms off as you sleep

Cereal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I wish I was a stronger person. I just don't know how to turn that wishing into action.

I just want to stop feeling disappointed in myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Words are never enough. I can't say for sure what this song means exactly, but the way the emotion is conveyed is kind of speaking to how I feel right now.

Despite everything, I have a thrill of hope. God, how I wish that reality would reflect that. As ever, I just can't wait to see you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Why am I feeling indifferent to you? you are funny, cute and we have things in common. But I don't think I'm feeling it or I've got used to aloofness in the people that I don't know any different.

I need to move on from the past, I've tried and failed in the past to move on. Whether it works with this guy or not, I need to fully let go of this hurt that's eating me up inside. It's holding me back in life. Time to forgive others and the hardest one of all, to forgive myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Whats with all the stupid cryptic posts/comments & messages. I dont understand it... Why bother? You're hurting no one but yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Life,

You are pretty damn good.
    I laughed a lot this weekend and I felt like myself again.
    I'm going to stop complaining about you now.

Beks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

T,

Well that was an awesome few hours in your company yesterday. You'd never think it was almost three years since we last physically saw each other!!

You're one of the good ones alright. I wonder where this will take us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Dee,

What a mystery you are!

Maybe being stuck in a household with 4 men all your life took it's toll but MY GOD woman, you are seriously lacking the common skills of social interaction. You dont smile, say hello or greet me. You just bark an order/comment at me and then expect me to answer you back in a nice polite way (which I always do)

If you are to be my future MIL I suggest you take a chill pill and stop treating your sons like they are 3 year olds - that's why they still act the way they do! Stop the mammying and try be nice for once.. half the time I dont even want to go in and see you over your strange attitude!

Yours Sincerely
    The nicest DIL you will be LUCKY to ever know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

Dear Me,

stop overthinking everything.

You're worth more than you give yourself credit for. You've had bad luck with SOME people, not everyone is awful, don't always assume the worst.

You have more value than your relationship status. Single isn't a dirty word.

Start trusting your instincts, don't assume that other's opinions are always right, just because they're not yours.

Don't let another year pass without getting help for your insecurities. You're not annoying. Not everybody hates you. Probably nobody hates you. You can be a pretty cool person at times. Listen when people tell you why they love you.

Me xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I didn't look gaunt & I didn't have 'arms like sticks', I looked amazing. I really did. BMI wise I could have lost 2 *more* stone if I'd been that way inclined (but I seemed to be shedding boob at an alarming rate so I stopped). I was slender, not thin by a long shot. No I don't look 'amazing' now. I'm still a ride obviously, but I'm a ride with extra foldy bits and a chin that cannot be photographed from below. I don't need a table when having tea, I can rest the cup on my little potbelly and that ain't fabulous for me. I dunno what you were playing at, we're not in some kind of weight competition. My not ever so slightly looking like I could put on a tutu and advertise hippo-pot-a-mousse won't take away from how fabulous you look. If I lose weight you won't magically gain it, we're not timesharing this flubber. So don't say stuff like that to me again because next time I won't be so polite.

Advertisement