Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

Why did you just drop me like that? You've only known her two weeks. Why's she so special? Change your mind please. I miss you. Also, stop being so damn sexy, it's making it more difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dont expect me to drop everyting Im doing just cause youre free and want to me up. It doesnt work that way - Im happy with how I am now and finally feel like I have a life and its all because you're not holding me back.

Im not sure this lets me friends thing is really gonna work... but you wont cut ties altogether - So dont be tryna make me feel like $hit just because Im not doing what you want me to do. Things have changed - Accept it and you'll be able to move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hedgehog21

You couldnt even say it straight out, I don't know why I cant get over us, our relationship was futile. You never did love me you just went through the motions, I dont get it. I dont even love you I just want that same connection again.
    I miss how we were, not you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

I feel deficient for wanting you, when you're everything I don't need.
    And you don't want me back.
    Please God, let this pass a bit quicker.
    I'm tired of hurting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Dear hot water bottle

You are my perfect bed companion. Thanks for everything over the last couple of months xx

Love me x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

cvxdf wrote: »

You know what you were for me? Hope. Hope that I was someone still worth something. Hope that I could still be loved. But instead of showing me that, you did the impossible and you broke what was already broken.

I still think about you, but mainly because I don’t know how I could have got someone so wrong. You hurt me so, so much and I hate myself for ever letting you.

I don't think I'll truly trust anyone again. You taught me well. You taught me to stop seeing only the good in people; you taught me not to love easily and not to trust eagerly; you taught me to be cold; you taught me to be you. And that's a horrible place to be. I may have been flawed, I may have left myself open to pain and disappointment, but at least I once left myself open to love.

I'll get there again someday. I sincerely hope that you do too; I hope you learn to let someone in and in turn let them give themselves to you. There is wonder in that, there is peace in that..and there is hope.

And for that, you are my hero.

Beautifully written post, so full of raw pain and absolute honesty.
    There's a universal truth to it.

I'm so sorry for your pain.
    You'll trust again, and you'll love again.
    When you're ready.

Bx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

I can't stop crying, all the time all I ever seem to do lately is cry, and it's embarrassing. I've been friends with those girls for years and not once have any of them ever seen me cry. I went to that meeting tonight all scaldyeyed and I know they knew. I've cried so much tonight I've vomitted. I don't know how much more of it I can take because I'm exausted and just want to be by myself I don't want to be around anyone else just you. My friends aren't real friends, not really, you're the only person who has always loved me unconditionally. Most people had that from two parents but I only had it from you. And I honestly didnt deserve such a great parent, you're so much more youre my friend too you've always been there for me to fix things and be strong, even today, even when they told you, you were still strong and I wasn't, I won't b ever again, what am I gonna do without you? The only person to keep me sane(ish). I'd do anything for you you mean the whole wide world to me and I love you more than life itself. I've always dreaded this, losing you, even as a small child when I shouldn't have had to worry about it at all I did, and now it's like it's happening and I'm falling apart. Dad, if I could I'd take it from you, swap bodies. You are an amazing person and you don't deserve this. I'm trying to be strong for you cause you always scold me for crying tell me I'm a big baby so ill try, but I kno you can tell. I don't want you to worry because ill do all that I can to make sure you're okay for as long as I can. I love you to bits, more than anything else in the world and you are my whole world, my dad and my longest bestest friend. Please let this b a bad dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

You're happy.

Don't screw it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I know I've messed up but I don't know what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

504 hours.
    21 days.
    3 weeks.

3 more weeks until we're home. Until I can get a huge hug from the people that love me most. Until we're back in normality. Until we can pick up the pieces of our lives and start over. Until we leave this beautiful place that is heaven on the surface but hell underneath.

3 more weeks, let them pass quickly, God, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

why are you all such knob brains!!!!!! why do I stick it out and listen and listen and listen to stupid trivial moan after moan, nodding along like a spa.I just dont know and dont care! Its pi€€ing me off today! I dont care about all of your work problems Im not the boss and cant, I repea,t cant help you, ask the laziest boss in the world. this place is now a nightmare....get me outta here!!!!!!!and breath............. heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

D,

Thank you for the reassurance. I know that you'll always be there for me, and that comforts me more than you'll ever realise. Love you, bubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Feel that bit better today already. maybe your selfish and horrid action was the kick i needed to close the door on you for good. proud of myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

D,

You may snore like Darth Vader, but you're very cute.
    I know this week has been a bit of a beeyatch but I love you and I know we're good and will grow from it.

L.

A,
    How can you not have changed since 6 years ago? Thats not necessarily a good thing... :/

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Derinda

Dear me, the book you so much want to write will never happen if you don't step away from hours playing bingo games on facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm so lonely right now. I know we're better of apart but you were all I had and I feel like you left, you ran when things got tough and you left me here on my own. I shouldn't have been okay with the fact that I knew all along that I loved you so much more than you loved me. I deserve someone that loves me just as much. But this hurts. It hurts so much. In your mind was I not worth fighting for? We spent 25 months together and things were tough sometimes, I know that. But I don't think I deserved how you treated me sometimes. I'm all over the place now. I try to seem together in front of people and a lot of the time I am but I've spent the last 3 nights in bed alone crying because I feel like I'll never be able to let another person in like I let you in. I am angry with you and I really hope that if you realise what a huge mistake you made by running away, that you don't tell me. Because I want to move on and find someone else. What we had was intense and special a lot of the time but I need more. I want more. Part of me will always love you but nobody ever forgets their first love, do they? I thought I wanted you for the rest of my life and I thought you wanted me too. I feel like the last 2 years were for nothing and I've been left heartbroken. But at the same time I don't regret it. I regret some things that happened, yes, because I knew in the back of my mind that things weren't okay. But I actually don't regret meeting you, falling for you, loving you... It was what I wanted at the time and so I can't regret it. I genuinely wish you the best and I hope that you find someone. x

This just played randomly while listening to my playlist. Puts it better than I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ms horatio

I absolutely HATE my job.
    But because my OH was made redundant and we have a feckin huge mortgage on a house we love but could never sell,I have to go in,day after day,smile and take **** I don't deserve,because I NEED this job.
    I just want to go out into the fields and scream til it's all over.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hedgehog21

I really need one of your hugs :( the ones where you play with my hair while i drift off to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Shut up. Just shut up. Just because you thought you were entitled to something (as so many others seem to) doesn't mean it's going to happen just because you decide that now is when it should happen. The lack of basic knowledge some people have about themselves and others is shocking. And it only seems to be getting worse.

Quit whinging with all your cronies and get on with your life!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

To the person who broke into our apartment last night,

You're a vomit.

You left a note saying we were being noisy, so the obvious solution to that is to steal three laptops out of the apartment when we left? If you'd simply knocked on the door and asked us to quieten down, that would have been fine and we wouldn't have given you any hassle about that. You could have even called the police and made a noise complaint, and that would have been reasonable too.

I know you think you're teaching us some kind of "lesson", but breaking and entering and stealing valuables (which contain important information) out of an apartment is a crime and a really, really sh*tty thing to do, no matter how much noise someone is making. It takes a certain kind of person to think that that is a reasonable reaction. I know you live in the apartment building, and the police are being really slow, but the second I lay eyes on you, I'm going to f*ck you out of it.

You're a piece of sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭boomtown123

Dear Best Friend.

Thank you for carting me to The Script last night. How last minute and how spontaneous of me for not looking for an excuse to say no. Had a class time - and has really lifted my mood. Better than anything. I'm still buzzing.

I love you!

C.x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭ashers222

come and try me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Dear G

I am so fed up with the way you have treated me. Its so hurtful to be cancelled out on for everything and everyone else. I know I said that last night and I am sorry for the way it came out but it had to be said. I shouldnt have waited this long to say it. Hopefully you will call me and we can get this thing resolved and move on. Even if you do things have to change.

Dear Brain - why did you have to dream about him last night? Why? I was just starting to feel ok after that horrible week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I realized something last night.

I realized it's been more than a month since it ended, the punches keep coming thick & strong & I'm still putting your own welfare before my own. Like some sort of ****ing masochist.

"Should I go tonight? Will it be awkward for him?"
    "Should I talk to him? Say hi? Will he die of discomfort?"

If all the overwhelming evidence that already confirms you're not good enough for me wasn't sufficient; here's more proof.

I cared. I considered your feelings. I took time to understand your quirks & shortcomings & tried to put you at ease in every room we found ourselves in together.

I wish you had considered me last night.

I wish you had considered the rawness of my feelings since you ended things so heartlessly. I wish you had considered my disappointment. I wish you had considered the fact that it's been four weeks since you stopped kissing me & leading me down the garden path, before you decided to flaunt your newfound happiness right in front of my eyes like some love struck teenager.

I wish you had considered the fact that you ended it by feeding me a line about not wanting a relationship, which I have been wracking my brains over every day since, and there, last night, right in front of my eyes, you flaunted your new relationship. It's like a poorly written rom com riddled with embarrassing cliches, and yet it is my life.

And she's lovely, really. Too good for you. I wonder how long it will take her to realize it. I hate myself for being scared that she won't. I hate myself for fearing the love & happiness that you may find, because you've shown me nothing but misery and resentment.

Resentment for wanting you. Resentment for thinking it was something. Resentment for opening myself up to you.

From this day forth, I won't mention your name. I won't let you drag me down further by trying to process this.

You stopped me to say hi when I didn't see you on the way to the gym yesterday, so I could see you with her.
    You ignored me all night, a running theme with you.
    You showered her with the kisses & cuddles that you never showed me when we were out together in public. And you did it right before my eyes.

I've spent all this time telling myself you're a nice guy, a nice guy who can't express his feelings. A nice guy who can't diffuse socially awkward situations. A nice guy who doesn't know what he wants.

When the fact is that you're a dick. You were born a dick and you'll die a dick and I'm no longer the girl who will have to deal with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

To the best cat in the world

I love you so much. You're so cuddley and warm beside me. And you seem happy to stay too.

I was lying on my tummy last night. And I got a back massage. Up and down my back with that marching thing cats do. Thank you for that, you're the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Why I ever defended you is beyond me. I think it's just my need to see the good in people, and I hate that I now wish that wasn't a feature of mine. I hate that you've made me feel like I should be harder, less open and vulnerable, more aloof. I despise the fact that I still care. What the hell is wrong with me?

I've made excuses for you for way too long now. "Oh that's just the way he is, he's constantly preoccupied", "ah yeah, he's a bit of an introvert really", etc, etc. Introvert? Are you fcuk. Only when it suits you, otherwise you're chatting away and playing up to a crowd until you get what you want. Fcuk you. Fcuk you hard. I will not let you turn me into some bitter remnant of myself just because you can't find a way to be happy and need to fcuk with other people to get your jollies. Oh how I wish I could say you'd be sorry one day, realistically there's no chance of that. You're a self-absorbed ass, and it annoys the fcuk out of me that you masquerade as a caring, supportive and empathetic person when really you're anything but. It's all a game for you, and you enjoy it, and you can fcuk right off because I have more important things to do with my life than picking up the pieces you leave behind.

Fcuk you. I will not fix anything else for you, I will not defend you anymore. I don't want to be like you but god, it is not my job to live your life for you. Thank christ too, because you're clearly miserable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You're looking dog-rough these days. How gratifying. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear you,

So I tried to be friendly and say hello and smile and all I get is a look of contempt? my rose colored glasses have finally come off, I see things very differently and I'm so much better than you!!

Dear B

I'm not a blonde bimbo or a silly little girl, don't you dare try mock me again and pretend to be my friend you know I'll never have a romantic interest in you and putting me down and playing on my insecurities is no way to respond to this , you are a bully, it's taken me three years to realize this but I've finally seen the light, you'll never see me cry again, that's one thing I'm damn sure of.

Advertisement