Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Tomorrow is so important. Please please please let it go my way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

Dear You,

You were 'the ex'. I was messed up over you for years. Never thought I'd reach the stage where I could think of you without being sad. But I think I reached it a while back and only just realised. You're married now and I'm pretty sure your missus has a bun in the oven and I'm delighted for you. I wish you all the luck in the world. Despite how crappily you treated me at times, you were a good guy underneath it all.

Like you said to me the last time we spoke ''I'll always be your friend''. You deserve to be happy and I hope you are.

Love,
    Bizzy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

I really like you. My heads all over the place right now and my judgements severely clouded but you're pretty amazing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Dear course co-ordinators,

You can't go changing the class schedules on a whim, especially if they're last minute changes. Not all of us are spoilt rich kids that never have to worry about money. A few of us have jobs and spend a great deal of our spare time working our asses off to pay for rent and fees all while keeping on top of our college work. I had to cancel work AGAIN today, and while €50 probably doesn't seem a lot to you, but because this is the third time in the last month that this has happened, it means that I'm probably not going to make rent and my loan repayment this week. So now my boss, my bank and my landlord are all pissed off with me, all because of a half an hour class. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You're doing so well. Keep going! 16lbs is the most you've ever lost. It is true, little changes soon turn into big ones. You're more positive about everything and everyone can see it.

You thought you'd fall apart without him. Look at you now, you don't need him! For once you're thinking about yourself and it's really paying off. Sure, you miss him but someone else will come along that will truly appreciate you.

This course is going to be great. You're going to be out of the house, learning new things and meeting new people!

Love me xx

• Advertisement

I'm actually lost for words.. you couldn't possibly begin to explain this situation to anyone because they wouldn't believe the sh1te that you 2 f**king lowlives are putting your family through. I swear to God when Granny is gone I won't even look at either of you if I pass you in the street let alone speak to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

You came back I knew in my heart you would. It was a shock to see you standing there you risked so many questions coming in to work. I know it will be a flying visit the same ghosts as before will come back and it will start all over again. I have to be stronger this time and walk when I see the signs. But for now I'll live in hope it will be different this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

To my 3 beautiful cats, I know that my parents mind you really well and you have a good life with them but I always feel like I abandoned you (even though the OH is allergic and I cant have pets in an apartment or give you a better life in the city centre) but I promise when my OH gets her work visa and we have a better combined income we are going to rent somewhere outside the city with a garden and I will take you home. I think about you all the time and I dont want you guys to think you did anything to make me not want you. In a while, we will be as we were before and you will be back where you belong. I just need time. Please dont give up on me and please dont forget me. I haven't forgotten you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Z,

I LOVE you!

I just spent over an hour reading old posts of mine from before and when I met you. Little did I know back then that the sweet guy I was so afraidto find myself falling for, would less than 2 years from then be my loving husband :)

I fell so hard and so quick for you. I did all the wrong things! I was clingy, and needy... I would literally cry every time I had to get out of your car?! I was an embarrassment to myself! :o

It didn't take me long to figure out you were something special though. I used to confuse lust for love too easily, until I found you. You are beautiful on the outside and the inside. You introduced me to a side of myself I never knew before. You taught me how to be brave and strong and ignore my critics. I've never been with somebody who made me feel so secure and so safe. With you by my side, I've never been happier.

Two summers ago we used to stay up all night on Skype and dream about what it would be like to be married and sharing a life together. Now I'm here in Ireland weeks away from giving birth to our first son and you're over there househunting for us for real!
    Sometimes I feel the need to pinch myself to make sure this hasn't all been a dream.

Moving to Abu Dhabi alone 2 years ago was one of the scariest things I ever faced. I left behind friends and family for a country I knew nothing of. It was also the best thing I have ever done.

Someday when our son is old enough to understand, I'll tell him all about how mommy and daddy met and fell in love. In my dreams I try to imagine what he will look like. Will he have my green eyes and your smile? :) As long as he has his daddy's big heart I'm happy. X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I'm stuck on you.

I wanted you for so long.
    And then I had you, without really having you.
    And then you chose her.
    You're giving her everything I dreamed of.

And yesterday was amazing, because it reminded me and the world of how much I've achieved since coming over here.
    I was in the bloody paper for God's sake!

But now it's the weekend and I'm back to thinking of you, of her, of what you're doing together. Lying in bed? Having brunch like we used to? Walking around town holding hands?

Oh God B, how have I let you destroy me so.
    I know it was all wrong but I can't get passed you, I can't get passed her.
    I can't get passed the ominous feeling that this is it for you, your long term love, the girl you stay in Canada for, the girl you change your life for.

In my worst nightmare I never imagined myself watching from the sidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

St.Jude, glorious Apostle, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor has caused you to be forgotten by many, but the true Church invokes you universally as the Patron of things despaired of. Pray for me, who am so miserable; pray for me, that finally I may receive the consolation and the succor of Heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly in relation to the conflicts with my mother and that I may bless God with the elect throughout eternity.
    Amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Smurf:

Even tho myself and Nana aren't talking I'm glad you're talking/texting/ringing me and we're closer than ever. Stick on your Dub jersey there now sweety and let's go see a good game together. I love you soooooo much. I don't want kids but you are my "up to the sky and down to the ground" x x x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Dear wisdom tooth,

Sod off. I'll take you to the dentist during the week, please stop hurting for today. Ow.

I wish you hadn't text me. We're over. I didn't deserve to be treated that way. I deserve better. I want to move on and I really wish you the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Wow.

Do you really think it's okay to treat me like this? I'm at the end of my tether here between one thing and another, I can't believe your timing, or your attitude, or what you actually said. I refuse to believe that D didn't tell you what we decided. There are four of you there, and one of me, and I can make plans with whoever I want. You're not a ringleader. You're the least reliable of the lot, actually, so if you dare to act hurt when I tell you about the change of plans I won't be able to resist telling you that. Jesus, what is it that you want from me? I can't keep going on like this. I never thought I'd say this but I think it's better if we don't speak that much, even when we inevitably see each other. Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm less angry at you, who knows?

I think more than anything I'm disappointed in myself for acting in such a way that allowed you to think that it is okay for you to treat me like this. But I'm still so, so angry at you and how little you care about my wellbeing in the grand scheme of things. It, like you, is monumentally disappointing.

I would give ANYTHING to go back, but I can't. The sooner we both accept that, the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

E,

You're too young to understand why people around you are sad. And why your mummy isn't there anymore. My heart breaks for you and your daddy today.

A x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

COP ON!!!

im fed up with all the feckin drama. seriously, hes not worth the drama. If i cry in my room its not becouse im jesous and want to take him off you, its becouse you spend all your energy freaking out about random people you dont know and not the people informt of you. I cant tell you things becouse you freak out over me not makeing the same money or not staying in a hotel and not concerned about the fact that i have bruses on my arm or that I dont go anywhere.

Now hes back and i said it was a bad idea, so much crap has happend since you started messing round there, he had a girlfriend and he lied to you about things and you still went after him and i said, thats not a good idea and now theres this big drama about some other girl who like but you have never met or dont know. Just walk away. I cant take it. Look around you there are people here who are more important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Im not really sure what you're up to to be honest. I dont think i trust you....

Love,
    I wish you could have the faith in yourself that I have in you, I wish you could see what I see - this strong, beautiful and caring young woman who has survived a life not so easily led. I know you've picked up on things; I can never tell you, but I know that you can see I'm not the same person anymore...But I still love you more than life itself, that hasn't changed, and I'm still here. I'll always be here, whenever you need me - I promise you that. I'm that same hand that rocked your bouncer til you fell asleep; those same arms that held you on the times you almost fell apart...but I didn't let you, I'll never let you. I'll always be here to put you back together, because that's what big sisters are for. If only you knew the times you've been the top of the list of things to live for; the list I wrote to remind myself I was alive when I tethered on the edge. You kept me here. Loving you kept me here. I love you, so, so much. You're going to live a life so full of joy it far outweighs the pain we left behind; I promise you that.

Dear psych-dude
    Thank you for believing in me; for helping me and for making me feel like a person again. Thank you for telling me again and again and again, til I started to find moments where I believed you and believed in myself. Thank you for showing me I can find the colour if I just scrape away the black.

Dear scars
    You may have left your mark, but I won't let them define me anymore. I'm still here and that's all that matters. The fact that you're still with me just shows me how much I can survive through. Nothing can hurt me more than I've already been hurt.

Dear belly
    I see you there again, but I'm not going to play that game again. There's a lot more to me than a number on a scale and I'm not letting you get me down, not this time.

Dear blog followers
    You're like a family to me now, it means so much to now I'm not alone in dealing with this.

Dear .
    I still see you; I still feel you and it disgusts me. It makes me want to tear off every piece of skin until you're gone. I saw a bed like it a few months ago, but I didn't realise until I saw it. Then I remembered the blue duvet. I remembered running to the door. Screaming at the lock that wouldn't open.. All of it and none of it all at once. I don't know if it'll ever stop, but I know I'll make it through. You won't win. Neither of you. Not a fcuking chance.
    I stumble, I fall and sometimes it takes a long fcuking time - but I always get back up...no matter how many times those memories come along to knock me down, and I always will.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

Dear Friend,
    The past two years have been difficult for me - a spell of unemployment, an ill parent, a relationship ending. But you and your family have been one of the constants in my life that have kept me going, even though I don't see you as often as I would like. One of the best things you have been able to do is the trust you place in me to look after your sons when we're out together - this childless, slightly aloof man and you and your wife never hesitate to ask me to look after either of the boys: to hold them, carry them, push buggies, bring them to the coffee shop while you go to the doctor. And the trust they place in me to do what's best for them melts my heart everytime. I don't know if I'll ever be a father but thank you for showing me that I'd have nothing to fear. But know that your friendship means so much more to me than that and I look forward to many more years of us all knowing each other. You still follow the wrong team though!

• Advertisement

To my ex,

It's done now. It's over. I want to move on. You may not have treated me like you should have but I'll never forget the 2 years we shared. Going back to you would have been a mistake. When you broke up with me you broke every promise you ever made to me and that's what hurts - that you weren't who I thought. I deserve better but I genuinely hope you can move on and be happy. Part of me will always love you and I accept that but I need to move on now. In one way I'm glad you contacted me because I needed to get some things off my chest but in another way I really wish you hadn't. It wasn't fair and you tried to emotionally blackmail me into taking you back. Even with all that I really wish you the best in the future. I hope you find the drive to go to college and do whatever you need to do. I do want you to be happy. I won't forget you or the time we spent together. Remember: Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. Goodbye. x

To you,

You did the right thing and you know you did. Today finally closed one chapter of your life, tomorrow brings a new one. This is going to be great for you. The last couple have days have been tough but you're doing so well. Everyone is so proud of you. You had your heart broken and you picked yourself up and smiled through the pain. Guess what? The pain is almost gone now and you're so much stronger. If he had contacted you 6 weeks ago you would have caved and made the wrong decision. You deserve better. Look how well you're doing without him and when it happened you thought you'd never feel ok again. He did get one thing right - you're beauftiul and you're finally seeing it yourself. Everyone has noticed a huge change in your attitude and how you act. You're smiling and laughing, something you didn't do those last couple of months. Keep going. Keep getting stronger and keep getting more confident. Don't give up with your weight loss this time. You're doing way to well to give up now. Stay positive. I know you'll never forget him but you know you should start getting on with your life. Tomorrow begins a new part of it. It's going to be amazing. Mam is so proud and so are B and Dad. Be proud of yourself too. :)

Love,

Me xx

To my family,

Thank you so so much for making me see that I was worth more and deserved more. I'm so glad I have you all. I might not show you a lot but I do love you all so so much. These past few weeks have been so tough and I never would have got through without you. I'll be forever grateful. I'm sorry for fighting with you all when you were only trying to make me see sense. Thank you. I love you all.

Love, xPPx

You really are the most selfish heartless bas**rd I have ever met. You know exactly what I feel and yet you still hurt me every single time. Every let down just cuts deeper. Your words of sorry and expressing how bad you feel about it mean nothing because you repeat it over and over again. And without fail, you act like nothing happened, and make me look like an idiot in the following days. Your words are lies I realise that now, that you are selfish and just say things to get what you want, and dont care what the implication of those words or actions are.

only a coward would act like you have, and Im at a loss to what your motives are. whether there is some truth to what you say and you wont take the chance or whether you take sadistic pleasure in knowing you had control over someone else. I want you to understand that you have hurt me in every possible way anyone could. And the worst part is, you know this and continue to do so. I'm not going to sit back and have regrets, at least I can take pride in the fact that I was always upfront and honest.

But I now have to acknowledge my role in this. And the fact is I have never walked away from this. I could block, delete, erase all methods of communication but I always left one door open, because I fell for you. I can never truly move on if I dont acknowledge my part in this. Stay out of my life. Stop coming back, and leave me alone. You are a liar, a cheat, and completely uncaring of anyone's feelings but your own. The only person you apologise to on a regular basis is yourself, because your guilt rips you apart afterwards but never strong enough to issue any change.

I should stop making myself feel bad, and upset because at the end of it all, I'm always going to be capable of loving someone and being good to anyone. That's a gift you cant buy or sell, or fake. Its raw and its real!!!

Time for me to stop crying over you and be happy again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

How do I trust men again?
    How do I trust myself again?
    How do I know that my instincts aren't totally off when I fall for someone again?
    How do I even fall for someone again, when I'm carrying all this hurt and despair and mental torture at the hands of a guy who seemed so safe, so nice, so lovely?

How do people do this? How do people get through the pain, the betrayal, the disrespect, the fact that they put the most special and fragile part of themselves out there, only to have it thrown back in their faces?
    How do people come through the other side and find the bravery to do it all again?
    How do people re-learn how to believe in love?
    I just want to hide away from it all and forget that I ever met you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

To my OH

I am so so SO sorry for accidentally hitting you in the you know what's the other night when I was getting into bed :( I didn't mean it but I'm really happy you didn't remember it :D

In future move out of my way when I have to crawl over you just to get in the bed!

R
    X x X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I really hope you meant what you said the other night because this is what I really want.. Im just scared of exactly what is going to happen or if you genuinely want the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

You might be hot blooded but you are so cold hearted! It's the worst combination really - flying off the handle when it suits you and then turning on the silent treatment after. You never treat your friends as badly as you treat me when we fight. I know all couples fight but you have the fighting style of a 3 year old and its just the pits really.

Remember that people are only human and every time you treat me like that, even though we make up after I find myself loving you just a little bit less. Like a tiny layer off an onion. Someday you might completely erode my love for you and there will be nothing left, and I will walk. Just saying, people forgive but the heart doesn't let you forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Dear C

Thank you for spoiling me yesterday even though i am not a mother.

Your lunches are amazing!

Me xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Dear God,

I know, I know, I promised that I'd go to mass and pray if you helped my Dad last year, it was the crappiest year ever by the way. I did light a candle today, I know it's not mass but you know I'm no good at this religion stuff, sorry.

But will you please give him a break, seriously, he can't take anymore illness and either can the rest of us. I'll talk to you later.

Me

Dear Mam,

You are the best in the world, you always know everything. I love you.

Me

Dear Cancer,

That funeral this morning was horrific, you are a bollix. Please die.

Me

Dear Me,

Get your arse in gear and sort your life out. You know what you have to do. Do it! :)

Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

You,
    I don’t know if I should text first. Im gonna go with no. I feel bad that I’ve nearly 100% made my mind up about you based on one drunken nights antics…. But it did contain more than enough horribleness to last me a lifetime. I don’t know. I don’t want to settle for 2nd best, why should i?? Yet… you do have the ability to treat me like a princess and like im the only girl in the room. Maybe I will give you another chance? Maybe im being silly for writing you off so early even though you’ve apologised profoundly? But maybe it's my gut instinct and I should trust it?
    EEK!!!! Why did you have to go and be a twat?
    Me.

Body,
    Keep going!! Do not give up. You PB’d your overhead squat last week.. okay, you failed at bench today but it's okay, you can try again tomorrow.
    Me.

Me,
    Give me a break… I’ve been going non stop for 10 days 2 hours a day now….. Can I sleep sometime soon?
    Body.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

D,

I'm falling for you, big time. It's scary, but it's so exhilarating too, and it's difficult to see a bad side in something that makes me smile so brightly without warning even at the thought. I'm excited and god, it feels good. This is how I'm supposed to feel at 20, isn't it? You're such a positive in my life, D. I know you're worth the fall.

K x

Advertisement