Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

I don't know what to do because I have nothing to hold onto except this Godforesaken job, which is pretty much the best thing in my life at the moment.

It's so hard being so far from home and feeling so alone.

I thought I would have you.
    I thought the decision would already be made based on that alone.
    I'd stay. I'd stay for you.
    I'd change my plans, leave my job, move to the ends of the earth with no guarantees or stick around longer than ever was intended, if I meant I'd have you.
    But you don't want me.

How do I get over that?
    How do I get over how much I feel, when I got so little in return?
    Am I completely insane?

This hurts more than you can even imagine.
    And you don't know or care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear boy in the subway station,

I don't know who you are, but you and your cute little paper flower creation made my night.

Thanks for standing beside me and putting a smile on my face just when I needed it.

I'm sorry I never asked your name.

I'll treasure that flower.

Random girl in the subway station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

I miss you and I'm disgusted at myself for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

So you think you're losing it? Losing a lot of things lately aren't you? Go sort your life out. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

This afternoon, I was handed a letter with your christian name on it. Until today, I didn't even know what your name was and yet I'm your son. Imagine how strange that must be for others to comprehend? Yet for me it doesn't feel odd at all because so much of any adopted person's life is shadow. I wonder will you be thinking of me when it's my birthday in a couple of months time? I don't know yet for sure if I'm going to look for you but after learning about you today, I think I might..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Dear Rain

FCUK OFF!

Sincerely
    Chick who is needing sunshine in her life :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

There are so many things I want to say to you, genuine advise, but I feel like I can't because we're not together any more. So I'll say it here instead.

1. You're settling. And you're capable of doing so much more. You left to do something amazing with your life, and I know that you're more than capable of it, that's why I put up no fight in letting you go. I wanted what's best for you. But it didn't work the way you wanted it to, and instead of counting your losses and coming home to figure things out, you're staying in a job as deadbeat as the job you were working here, with no intention to do anything better, and as good as the social life and concerts are, you're wasting a year of your life for a couple of good nights out.

2. Academia is your thing, you know it, you'll get funding, get your arse home and apply for it, you know it's the best option. Seriously man, you need to cop on. You're one of the few people who's still truly passionate about what they studied in college, I could talk to you all day about and you were so animated I never got bored. It's partly why I fell in love with you in the first place. You'll love it, please believe in yourself like I do, I wish I was still so passionate about my degrees, it's just something that pays the bills now, but you just light up when you talk about the latest book you've read, you need to do this.

3. Stop making excuses and get writing. It'll be great, stop worrying about it and start doing something #sixseasonsandamovie

4. Everyone's said you've made a mistake. And they're right. I still love you but you're a fooking idiot. And I think you know it too, we wouldn't talk like we still do if you didn't. But you need to cop on and let me in. You were never a burden to me, and frankly I'm too busy for anything more than you had to offer me, you've been in my situation before, you know how it is. This is so silly and I really can't understand it (and this is someone who totally gets you).

5. You're probably wondering why I'm so against meeting up when I'm over for work in a few weeks. I said I was worried that it'll be awkward, but that's a lie, I know that as soon as we see each other we're not going to be able to shut up and it'll be just like we're back home. The truth is I can't bring myself to see you because I hate to see what you're doing with yourself. You've lost all the ambition that made you you and you're throwing everything that was good in your life away, for stupid trivial things, and a lot of the things that made you as amazing as you are lost in the process. You're not a teenager any more, you can't afford to spend the next year settling on something that you know isn't right for you. Of course I can't tell you this, if it comes from me you'll just think I'm bitter of bitchy, or that I can't be happy for you. The thing is I'd love see you be genuinely happy, but this isn't happiness, this is throwing the best things about you away and settling into something that just isn't right for you, you're capable of so much more.

You've no idea how much I'd love to say all this to you, it's eating me up inside that I can't. I partly hope that you still go on this and read it, but I know that's such a long shot that you'll ever see this, and even more so that you'd make the connection. but it's good to get this out there anyway, it might make someone else realise stuff or something... :/

I love you, you love me, come the fook home please, it's my turn to pay for the takeaway anyway. xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

wow, at tender age of late 20's, i'm no longer That!
    Thanks Mr B.
    yes i was so drunk but i knew what i was doing, if last year hadnt happened, then sunday wouldnt have.
    Twas all good,.. funny, wasnt what i had planned for wknd thats for sure.
    Thanks for making me feel decent looking..

D..
    love love, i dunno, had great wknd/night with someone else, yes who pops into my head the next day. and then i see you too. probably good thing you're away for bit.
    Glad you're not bugged with me though.
    ya know i adore you so much.. maybe you figured that out with my pestering.
    I dont want to be just friends but que sera.
    PLease look after yourself, i worry so much about people and now you after all you've been through. know i love you anyway xx

Dear me.
    well that was quite unplanned. dont mess it up in your head. what happens etc.
    remember 4 months and youre done. keep the head down. you do not need distraction Now of all times But if the rest can have one why not you.

M..
    yeah my 'brother' . lets leave it at that.
    x

Brother D.
    I miss you,
    I wish you were home, yes i know we'd probably be arguing within hours but still.. its just not the same without you.

Mam
    mind yourself. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Why am I not talking to you? Really? Can you be that stupid, open your god damn eyes and realise that no not everything is ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

supermouse wrote: »
    You,
    I don’t know if I should text first. Im gonna go with no. I feel bad that I’ve nearly 100% made my mind up about you based on one drunken nights antics…. But it did contain more than enough horribleness to last me a lifetime. I don’t know. I don’t want to settle for 2nd best, why should i?? Yet… you do have the ability to treat me like a princess and like im the only girl in the room. Maybe I will give you another chance? Maybe im being silly for writing you off so early even though you’ve apologised profoundly? But maybe it's my gut instinct and I should trust it?
    EEK!!!! Why did you have to go and be a twat?
    Me.

Body,
    Keep going!! Do not give up. You PB’d your overhead squat last week.. okay, you failed at bench today but it's okay, you can try again tomorrow.
    Me.

Me,
    Give me a break… I’ve been going non stop for 10 days 2 hours a day now….. Can I sleep sometime soon?
    Body.

You. Yes. YOU,
    AARGGHH!! I KNEW it!! Knew you would do this. I suppose at least you did it now and not keep me stringing on for months more to come….
    Sometimes your knight in shining armour is really only a cnut in tinfoil.
    Now. Where’s my celibacy belt… man ban in place.
    Me.

Body,
    13.3 tomorrow. 150 wall balls... I know you only got 32 the last time... and i know that of those 32, 31 landed on your face. But its okay, you got this. If not, you got surgery. Either way. Winning.
    Me.

Me,
    DUCK!!! I'd rather hurt the hop of your head than your face. You have enough scars from this morning practice go!!
    Body.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Dear wintery weather, the cold and rain

Why do you hang around for 12 months of the year? Its meant to be spring here. This is so depressing. Just give us a break until November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

You have to be having a fcuking laugh, bit of respect wouldn't go amiss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I love you so much, after 1 year of breezy fun we've had a tough year of blows. Now here's another one. We need to take if in the chin.
    May be the best thing that we'll do! Xxxx

Don't know what to make of you, seriously! One day I can't stand you and on days like today, I have a big silly grin on my face. Why can't you be nice all of the time? I really enjoyed last night, and if that's how you are all the time, we could do it more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

It's so great to have my sister back. I don't really regret the time we spent apart because I think we both changed a lot in those years and I think it was good for us both. We're definitely more tolerant of each other now. And you've changed so much. You used to be so so grouchy because of your job but you seem to have learned to cope better with that which is brilliant because that grouchiness used to have a knock on effect with everything and everyone.

I can't wait to go to Paris next week and take loads of pictures and get some pictures of us together back up on the wall :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I feel guilty about what I did, but I'm not sorry I did it, I'd do the same again tomorrow. And the fact that I'm not sorry makes me feel even more guilty :eek:

You made the right call. Don't doubt yourself when you can see how happy you are now without him. Chin up! You're doing great!

Edit: Well seeing those sad stupid shared Facebook pictures you really know you made the right call. Jesus Christ. "For every male action there's a female overreaction"? Are you f**king serious? I know that was aimed at me, meaning that I overreacted to you breaking up with me OVER THE PHONE by not getting back with you. Sad. I'm better off without crap like that in my life. You told me to grow up before we split up. What the actual f**k. You were the 28 year old playing Xbox all bloody day.

I've been trying so hard. I was keeping hold of my job; I was functioning; I was here.

But that case - it's everywhere. It's even on here now. And I try so hard not to read about it and not to read what people say, but it's still there and it's so hard to avoid.

Is this what it will always be like? One step forward, 10 steps back? I try to tell myself that at least I'm still moving, no matter how slowly...but you can only talk yourself into sanity for so long.

Why are people so cruel? Why am I so weak?

Why did I survive? Or did I at all? It doesn't feel that way right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I really like you a lot and I know you like me too. We could be so good together, it's crazy. But you're only just out of a long-term relationship and I amn't too long out of one too. I don't want to miss out on a good chance but I don't want to mess either of us over. My track record has sucked recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

D,

You're the ultimate distraction. I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Feels like we are drifting, feels like it's all falling apart. You say it's not, but my gut says otherwise. Maybe it's the stress of work, maybe it's the stress of not knowing what's happening, maybe you are depressed. But I don't know how to handle this, you seem so distant and far away.

I need you to fix it, because right now it feels like you and I are pulling away from each other, and walking different paths. If you want me, you can keep me. But if you keep pushing me away, I won't be able to hold on much longer.

The stress is getting to me, and I'm cracking up. I have exams and assignments too remember?! This is why I hate falling in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

One year today since your voice message...
    I hope you are doing well & finally finding your way on a path that will lead to internal peace & happiness for you. Remember your smile lights up every ones world, your laughter helps to fill empty spaces with joy and your love has touched and changed people in more ways than you will ever know.
    Keep smiling,keep laughing ,keep loving.

I'm sorry I didn't answer the phone :(

Feel completely lost and cold, kind of like how I used to be, and I was a stronger person then. Nobody seems to be who they say they are, everyone promises you that they're they're for you or ask you if you're okay, and they don't give a flying crap.

I'm going to get myself a journal, a secret one, at least it will never make you feel like you're something they're stepping on, and I can lean on it guilt free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

Work,

I actually don't care. I give zero flying fucks. Does that make me unambitious? Lazy? Defeatist? Or just plain fed up of how screwed around I am every time someone decides to make a schedule change for reasons that I will never understand.

I'm beginning to hate this industry and hate the fact that I've given it six years of my life.

Piss off the lot of you

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

stop making me cry! I dont need your validation. I know I am a good person. But it is tearing me up at how much you have affected me. I dont want to care anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

To the family of the man that left the world today. It will make no difference, but I wish you knew he did not die alone. It may have been on the side of the road, but someone was there praying for him while the kindest of firemen were by his side, talking with him - they did their best to revive your son/father/brother/grandfather/uncle/husband and he responded....for a brief moment... I am truly sorry for your loss. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I am totally fed up with your behaviour. You gave out me on Friday because I didn't lay out the red carpet for home coming. I told you why, my best friend has a very serious illness one which could kill her. Your reaction has been absolute and utter silence. FYI the only people who volunteer to go to where you went to are fools, I don't know anyone else who would do it. I think I have actually lost all respect for you. If you can fit me in you may call. Well guess what I don't think I will be answering. Have a nice life.

It's really funny, I think you thought I'd be crushed, I could hear it in your voice. I was relieved. Relieved. So relieved!!!
    I was in love with you at one point, I know I was. And a small part of me always will be. But all I could think, as I sat on the couch listening to you drunkenly and tearfully tell me you'd met someone else, all I thought was "thank fcuk. Now no-one will think us splitting was my fault."

I wish you and her well, I really do. Everyone will be rushing around me, wondering am I ok, and telling me how horrible you are for cheating on me. They don't know how much you deserve your happiness, and, more importantly for me, how much I deserve mine.
    Look after yourselves,XxX

• Advertisement

Joey,

please make it through, i dont think the family can take it.
    please.
    either way, i'm giving That up. thats my promise to you and myself and C, and somehow i'll make it.

Advertisement