Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best GPS For "Runner / Motorist"

Options
  • 05-11-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Total beginner at this stuff ...I like the idea of having a VERY accurate car speedometer and being able to log training runs ...any suggestions of a device that might cover all my needs?Thanks.

Comments

not really 'cos the gps's for running are watch sized which won't be very easy to read in a car if you managed to stick it on a dasboard or something 'cos they won't function too well if on your wrist (satellite signal not getting through).

you'd have to get one of each really.

garmin 305 for running (about €150)

garmin nuvi 205 / 255 (around €110)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭micawber

ytareh wrote: »
    Total beginner at this stuff ...I like the idea of having a VERY accurate car speedometer and being able to log training runs ...any suggestions of a device that might cover all my needs?Thanks.
    I use a garmin etrex vista hcx for running/hiking, and also in the car. Can carry on a belt or as I do in your hand - you can use it to keep your pace. In the car you can have it show current speed which is probably a little more accurate than the average speedometer.

Advertisement