Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING: Eircom broadband users. Your personal information may not be secure

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Bruno2010 wrote: »
    Hi,

Already fixed. New version available on www.eircom.net/usagemeter

I mentioned that earlier. I dunno what they want them to do lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I don't see what the big deal is, there's no information given that isn't in every phone book

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I don't see what the big deal is, there's no information given that isn't in every phone book

A lot of people don't list their details in the phonebook, does that still make it ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Cabaal wrote: »
    A lot of people don't list their details in the phonebook, does that still make it ok?

The OP still hasn't said what details were listed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

dlofnep wrote: »
    The OP still hasn't said what details were listed.

yes he has, twice.

He said that you can see the person contact details, location and their eircom account number.

He also said you could then use this information in phishing attacks on people to get further information from unsuspecting or naive people by rining them up pretending you were from eircom and said they was some problem and need some more personal or financial info off them and use the details taken from this to back it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

looking at the screen shot posted earlier, it shows your tel number and your usage.
    Is there an acc number there too? can someone else confirm this?

Advertisement