Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which Xbox to get

• 05-11-2010 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi

Kids are looking for an Xbox from Santa, not sure which model, or what accessories, what would you recommend. Also were is doing the best deals.

thanks

Lisa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

well my birthday in a few weeks so im getting the new xbox :) and too spice things up hopefully will get a kinect for xmas :)

nothing more fun than jumping in front of the telly like a fool right? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Wait a few more weeks and there might be some good deals on the console with kinect bundled in. Argos were doing good deals on the 250 gig console a couple of months ago but you can now get a 4gb model aswell for a lot less, if your kids dont require a hard drive. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

ya have to have a harddrive with it :)

I mean as in a proper hard drive, instead of a little 4gb one. :)

Same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

s the 4Gb Ok for just gaming? is there any use for a big HDD if not downloading movies etc? could you add USB sorage for this later if really needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I was going to get the 4GB one but I am glad I went for the 250GB. It is handy for installing the games onto.

Yeah you can, but it works out better value imo to just get the 250 gig package in the beginning really. you can install the games to the HD, install demos, downloaded content, map packs etc etc. the 4gb console wouldn't be long about filling up if you are a regular online gamer. Just the few games im playing at the moment take up more HD space than the 4gb console offers. If its for kids or for people who wouldn't be regular online gamers then the 4gb one is a good option.

yeah but its handy to have a few gigs of music and a few movies on it for a night in :) and 4GB wouldnt last long 16GB on my phone doesnt last long:) though its a good cheap option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Console manufacturers have had a hard time keeping pace with the demands that are needed for space these days. The 360 was launched with a massive 20gb drive but now uses 250gb.

Reality is that 4gig would suffice for a short while but this is something that will last for years to come. Installing games allows them to run faster, there is always new content for games and it soon adds up. Downloading film rentals is good (and cheap, only 3.60!!) and you need the space for that. Theres no telling what extra space will be needed in a few months time let alone a few years, but rest assured it will be needed.

Then there is all the photo's, videos and music you can put on the thing, really make it a media hub in your living room. So it can have a broader appeal for young, old, male and female alike.

250 it is then. And yes, there should be some kinect bundles coming. If you have kids then it's probably a must. Might even get one myself!

• Advertisement

Well the best ive seen so far was 280ish in smiths besides Penney's in Dublin. 2 controllers and a game for cheaper i think. Other places 250 for standalone 250 GB version.

One question still stands can ya use external hard drive without any mods?

Advertisement