Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This may be a worn out topic but I'm new to it

• 05-11-2010 7:08pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Flickr or Pix.ie for hosting and posting pics?

Which is easier to navigate?
    Do either give view counts?
    Best for posting the images on boards?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Pix.ie has good interaction with boards.ie. In fact it was developed with input from this forum. You can simply copy/paste the [IMG][/IMG] tags directly.

Flickr requires you to pay for a pro account to maintain your library. Otherwise old stuff gets removed.

Pix.ie ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

i like the pix.ie thing myself but from previous discussions around these parts it does appear to be a very personal thing with people. I have both - more active on pix.ie but have been slack of late in posting. I view/browse more/more often on pix.ie (everyday) than flickr (infrequent/once a week maybe). Again, I know that others love the whole group thing which you'll get more of with flickr.

try both and see what you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I find flickr easier to navigate.

Both Pix.ie and Flickr.com give view counts.

Pix.ie seems easier to post to Boards.ie initially but once you get used to Flickr it is just as easy to post to Boards.ie too.

Flickr has more international posters and has many forums where as
    Pix.ie is mainly an Irish site with mostly but not all Irish contributors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Flickr is handy in that if you have a Pro account there is no bandwidth limit. There are definetly more options and tags and even writing descriptions for your images is better.

However, whatever algorithms Pix uses the images definetly look noticeably better and there is good interaction between the service and Boards.

So for more features Flickr, for better looking images if you're posting to forums then Pix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

iamstop wrote: »
    Flickr or Pix.ie for hosting and posting pics?

Which is easier to navigate?
    Do either give view counts?
    Best for posting the images on boards?

Cheers.

Pixie IMO wins clearly on 2 of the above and wins onh the other one. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I started with Flickr and then bought a pro account. The costs is very little if you buy for 2 years (less than 50euro).

I also find the interface easier to use for some reason. Also the posting of pics is now a copy & paste of the code so some of the infor given above is out of date i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

For whats its worth, i hate the pix layout. I find flickr much easier to upload / add descriptions / search by key word or simply navigate.

But its 6 of one and half a dozen of another. Have a look at both and use whichever feels best for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Pix.ie for me, Flickr has changed its format and just make its harder for me to show pictures on forums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,392 ✭✭✭✭phog

Pix.ie for me.

I was always a big viewer of flikr and when the time came for me to upload my own pic I weet to join it but I needed a yahoo email and I found that too cumbersome to set up :eek: so switched to pix and for me it's so simple to use. Very happy now that I went with px. :D:D

Advertisement