Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got a full time job

• 30-10-2010 3:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

finally got a full time job after a year and a half of un employment :)and i have been getting job seekers allowance , i start my job on the 7th of november but il be getting paid monthly and was told that the pay week wont be till around the second week of december. personally i cant afford to go that long with out money because of the situation at home etc and coming up to xmas , what do i do , do i wait until i get paid to sign off or o i go down and explain my situation with starting the new job and getting paid ???what would say the outcome would be

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

A V A wrote: »
    finally got a full time job after a year and a half of un employment :)and i have been getting job seekers allowance , i start my job on the 7th of november but il be getting paid monthly and was told that the pay week wont be till around the second week of december. personally i cant afford to go that long with out money because of the situation at home etc and coming up to xmas , what do i do , do i wait until i get paid to sign off or o i go down and explain my situation with starting the new job and getting paid ???what would say the outcome would be

cheers

can anybody help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You sign off as soon as you start working.
    if you are stuck for money then call to your Community Welfare Officer.

is the officer in my local welfare office?? i wont have time to go down !!! and i need money as im only geting paid the second week of december

No the CWO is in your Health Clinic.
    If you do not close your claim once starting work, you will be overpaid, and as it is classed as Social Welfare fraud, you will have to pay every penny back, and can be prosecuted.
    You are best to close your claim and contact your CWO.

will i have to wait for payment like i did first signing on etc? if i get a apyment will i have to go to the post office ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If you go to the community welfare officer you will be means tested based on your family circumstances and TBH i doubt she will help you because you have a job just cannot deal with the payment dates...

If you have kids and your worried about toys etc you could contact St Vincent de paul

If you have a credit union you could look for a loan....

Or else if your living at home you could ask your parents to cut you some slack as they say and have them wait till after christmas to be paid.

Just out of interest... I would watch that job. If i were paid by the month i would want it on the last thursday of the month not the second week of the next...

Very suspect to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

on a lighter note congrats on the job, great news to get one just before christmas, hope it all works out for you.

The payment you need to ask about is an emergency needs payment.

Just wanted to congratulate AVA on the new job! Well done!

thanks for that mate :)

that bul if i cant get any payment and its bull shoite if i have to be means tested all over again my situtation is the same when i was first being means tested , i live with my mam and she cannot afford to give me money!!!!! she is out of work sick for 3 weeks and we are renting !!! the very little money i get is gone on my weekly shop , im only on 100 a week and €42 is spent on the shop for me and the mam and then have to put money by each week for the month bill !!!! im only 19 like and i havent been out in a good 5 or 6 months or bought anything nice for myself !!!!!!! im not looking for money off the labour to spend on runner or **** , i just need money to get me by for food etc !!!

• Advertisement

i havent been out in a good 5 or 6 months or bought anything nice for myself !!!!!!!
    Ditto, I understand the frustration when all your pennies go into essentials. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful and happy for the roof over me head and the food on the table. It's just nice to get to a point where it's not just "making ends meet" but being able to relax a little and treat yourself now and again!

Anyway, this is the payment Carol suggested you apply for:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/exceptional_needs_payments.html

Hopefully they can get you sorted out, and with a wage coming in in the near future, things might start looking up!

thanks for that mate :)

that bul if i cant get any payment and its bull shoite if i have to be means tested all over again my situtation is the same when i was first being means tested , i live with my mam and she cannot afford to give me money!!!!! she is out of work sick for 3 weeks and we are renting !!! the very little money i get is gone on my weekly shop , im only on 100 a week and €42 is spent on the shop for me and the mam and then have to put money by each week for the month bill !!!! im only 19 like and i havent been out in a good 5 or 6 months or bought anything nice for myself !!!!!!! im not looking for money off the labour to spend on runner or **** , i just need money to get me by for food etc !!!

Your means would have to be looked at again because you are applying this time to the HSE, not the Dept. of Social Protection. HSE have no file on you.
    Just go talk to the CWO, and ask about an emergency needs payment to help you get through until your pay day.

Advertisement