Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost to build 3 bedroom bungalow in donegal?

Options
  • 05-11-2010 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi i was just wondering if anyone would have a rough price of what a 3 bedroom bungalow would cost to build in donegal?
    site is already got & planning permission with it!
    size around 1800 sq ft
    any information would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,038 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Contractors prices should be in the range of 100k - 120k - that would be for a basic builders finish.

If going the direct labour route you could be looking at around 80k - 90k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fannieannie

muffler wrote: »
    Contractors prices should be in the range of 100k - 120k - that would be for a basic builders finish.

If going the direct labour route you could be looking at around 80k - 90k

great thanks for your info

What part of Donegal are you in?

What part of Donegal are you in?

just outside letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bartooseboy

hi fannieannie,

building contractors are charging approx €55-60 / square foot at the moment for a basic finish. As mentioned early direct labour / self build will be a tad cheaper but not as much as before.

If youre going self build take into account your own time required in organising etc and meeting blocklayers etc on site.
    Also if going self build it would be advisable to get a Bill of Quantities done by a quantity surveyor as a guide to what each element should cost.

hope this is of help.

• Advertisement

hi fannieannie,

building contractors are charging approx €55-60 / square foot at the moment for a basic finish. As mentioned early direct labour / self build will be a tad cheaper but not as much as before.

If youre going self build take into account your own time required in organising etc and meeting blocklayers etc on site.
    Also if going self build it would be advisable to get a Bill of Quantities done by a quantity surveyor as a guide to what each element should cost.

hope this is of help.

thanks for that

just outside letterkenny
    If you haven't got any quotes yet I can PM you the names and contact numbers of a couple of good contractors.

If you haven't got any quotes yet I can PM you the names and contact numbers of a couple of good contractors.

yea send them on to me thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Shamrock25

Can you send me on some numbers too please? Cheers, appreciate it.

Shamrock25 wrote: »
    Can you send me on some numbers too please? Cheers, appreciate it.
    What part of the county are you in? (approx.)

• Advertisement

What part of the county are you in? (approx.)

Am in Dublin thanks.

Shamrock25 wrote: »
    Am in Dublin thanks.
    This thread is titled "cost to build 3 bedroom bungalow in donegal?". I dont think there would be any savings involved to use contractors from Donegal ;)

Some of the other guys here may be able to PM you a couple of names hopefully.

This thread is titled "cost to build 3 bedroom bungalow in donegal?". I dont think there would be any savings involved to use contractors from Donegal ;)

Some of the other guys here may be able to PM you a couple of names hopefully.

Ha ha sorry, been a long day and brain a bit fizzled, cheers for responding.

Advertisement