Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BC2 finally gets new maps(ish)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Better than nothing I suppose, and months late. Haven't had anything new in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Hmmm this may prompt me to boot up BC2 again, there only so many different ways you can play the same map before it gets boring

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

i gave up when it asked my age lol feck off ea am to lazy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/11/08/oasis-and-harvest-day-heading-for-battlefield-bad-company-2.aspx

Confirmed as Oasis, Harvest day from BC1 and Cold War, Heavy Metal from BC2 single player.

So 4 maps, with all 4 multi player modes.

This is finally a decent bit of content, and not just a new game mode.

Looking forward to playing them - whenever they decide to release them.

• Advertisement

Still no update :( It said check back on Wednesday. Bloomin yanks and their time-zones

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

BFBC2 is soooooo 2009, Black Ops is the new KING!!!! :eek:

Only takin the piss....cant wait for this. At last I have two games to fight over. Decisions decisions, you up for a session (gaming lol) the weekend dubs. Get the babby over to the mother and give the GF and few quid for a bacardi breezer and you sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    BFBC2 is soooooo 2009, Black Ops is the new KING!!!! :eek:

Only takin the piss....cant wait for this. At last I have two games to fight over. Decisions decisions, you up for a session (gaming lol) the weekend dubs. Get the babby over to the mother and give the GF and few quid for a bacardi breezer and you sorted!
    COD isn't really a great game for online play. The proper shooters play battlefield.

I dont agree with that at all m8. One man's meat....n all that. I would say it depends who you play with, I mean if you were having a laugh with COD:BO online with mates and not with BFBC2 you would say the opposite.

BFBC2 is a much more TEAM based game where as COD:BO has different modes, TDM is all about kills so slow camping (moving cautiously) and flag domination (holding 2 and hammering the 3rd but not taking) is the name of the game. CTF is totally different, teamwork and observation are a must and I find it the best all round game mode. While I absolutely detest S&D not coz I get killed 1st far from it but peeps move around like they are holding china cups not very intense....and a tad boring.

So all in all I would say there are totally different games that cater for different players. I am rank 44 in BFBC2 and found it very hard to adjust to the run and gun type play of COD:BO but after what may seem run and gun tactics do play a part (with the right people)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

so you playing cod wonda?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately and fortunately I am shooter. I have to say its not a great game but its FUN, and its something to play innit.

The thing I find about it is there is not MUCH skill involved that I can see. In so far as the fact its so pure run and gun its a case of been in the right place at the right time to kill someone. An opinion backed up by the leaderboards in every game....its not always the highest most experienced ranks winning like game they fluctuate so much its mad. And then you get the COD Veterans jumping and hopping and diving and toobing like a mother****er on maps that are too small for 15 of them doing it. Really is like UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2010.

Some would say thats a good thing (The leaderboards fluctuating)I tend to disagree TBH, because its not the game that stacks it that way its just luck. Yes you can maximise your chances by knowing the maps and invest in some silly dolphin diving and bunny hopping but meh....thats not me.

Take me for example....I am now LEVEL 7 PRESTIGE and am average at the game....WTF. People who are ranked say 40 or higher in BFBC2 are on the most part very good and accurate players....maybe I am over analyising it too much......lol.

Its a good for a while lets put it that way and I wanted to play this coz I never played the last one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looking forward to these maps, any ETA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Dcully wrote: »
    Looking forward to these maps, any ETA ?

not yet dude, many web peoples are under the impression it will be released on the 30th of this month.

can't wait, then we have vietnam a month later i presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yes I would suspect they will wait for all the fuss over the new COD to die down a bit before they try draw players back to BC2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Barneslow

I hate the way DICE always announce new maps or new expansions, but never seem to give a date along with it, or at least an estimated date. I still am unsure as to when the vietnam expansion is coming out, or Oasis/Harvest Day. I hope it is before the new year though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Barneslow wrote: »
    I hate the way DICE always announce new maps or new expansions, but never seem to give a date along with it, or at least an estimated date. I still am unsure as to when the vietnam expansion is coming out, or Oasis/Harvest Day. I hope it is before the new year though.

The EA store did tweet that the Vietnam release was Dec 21st, with pre-orders getting access on the 18th. They then withdraw that claim. Consensus seems to be to expect map pack 7 around Dec 1st or so.

Cant wait for these new maps.....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Spear wrote: »
    The EA store did tweet that the Vietnam release was Dec 21st, with pre-orders getting access on the 18th. They then withdraw that claim. Consensus seems to be to expect map pack 7 around Dec 1st or so.

Thought this wasn't due till next summer , would be great if it was out before then

jeawan wrote: »
    Thought this wasn't due till next summer , would be great if it was out before then

Summer may bring BF3 instead.

EA left a beta version of the patch publicly accesible, so here's some vids.

Edit: both videos are now nuked, seems EA are a tad unhappy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Map pack is out Tomorrow!

It now makes sense why todays patch was 2.6gb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Krieg wrote: »
    Map pack is out Tomorrow!

It now makes sense why todays patch was 2.6gb

can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

its only 1.64 gig on the xbox. wonder why so much bigger on PC?

its only 1.64 gig on the xbox. wonder why so much bigger on PC?

Lower quality textures I presume. Fallout: New Vegas was another recent example of this.

Spear wrote: »
    Lower quality textures I presume. Fallout: New Vegas was another recent example of this.

Added to the lack of DX10/11 extensions, single texture pack as opposed to multiple for PC (for different settings) etc etc it easily explains the difference.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Looks like I have an excuse to get back onto BC2

Just played a bit of the new patch there. Liked it, a LOT :)

Hit detection seems to have improved, as has overall performance for some reason.

Scopes available for M14 and G3 make them really worthwhile weapons now, I sniped with an M14 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I loved the game the moment i picked it up. And i am fussy about FPS games too. Quality game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still one of my top choice MP FPS games,despite some flaws its a brilliant game imo, far better than some of the stuff we are seeing in the COD series of late.
    Looking forward to trying the new maps later, red dot for M14 and G3, yes please!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

On Wednesday 1st December 2010, @BattlefieldNews said:

Regarding BFBC2 map pack 7 release...this was sent out from a GSP to customers - "Unfortunately, Map Pack 7 has been delayed pending a server update to correct a minor issue with the release of the new maps. There is no ETA just yet but hopefully we'll have more information later today."
    :(

Edit:

Looks like the "Minor issue" might be the fact that everyone is getting banned by PB.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-bfbc2-lfb36.html

Normally you see a ban every minute or so, the log shows people getting banned every few seconds for the same thing. "PB HACK #132110"

On the plus side, we got SPECACT.

Advertisement