Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BC2 finally gets new maps(ish)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

maps are up now to play lads

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pay?!

**** that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Pay?!

**** that

He's missing an L.

Pay?!

**** that

Oops, just realised i missed a letter.Makes all the difference eh!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Really liked what I saw of Cold War there. Lots of nice close quarters chaos.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »

Heavy Metal is awesome fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

+1 for heavy metal
    I enjoyed Harvest day as well.
    Oasis is now my most hated map, I dont think you are allowed play that map unless you have an explosive projectile and explosives perk :rolleyes:

played a game of cold war there, great map.Played oasis there too, Fantastic.

Great job and fan support by our european buddies Dice, great Vip pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Scopes available for M14 and G3 make them really worthwhile weapons now, I sniped with an M14 lol

didn't the devs say that no scopes would ever be released for these guns as it would basically mean everyone would be sniping?
    Looks like they've gone back on their word

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    didn't the devs say that no scopes would ever be released for these guns as it would basically mean everyone would be sniping?
    Looks like they've gone back on their word

They've been in the client code since day one, just disabled by a server variable. The rounds I played last night seemed to show less people using them than before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

They've been in the client code since day one, just disabled by a server variable. The rounds I played last night seemed to show less people using them than before.

Well IMO the M14 is now a very viable Engi weapon - as its decent from range. Not a great close quarters gun due to it low rate of fire, but powerful and accurate with the red dot.

Hasn't made it over powered, but at least now a usable option.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played Rush on Oasis map, awesome map.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jesus, What have they done to the game. Dont like the tweaks at all, and the hitboxes are just disgraceful now (and its not coz I have been playing COD)
    3 of the maps are great...Oasis is White pass with the houses moved around ffs!

Guns nerfed beyond stupid.
    Lag now like in COD which I never had before.
    Major armour raping and nothing else.

I pre ordered BFBC2-Vietnam aswell :eek:.....I bet its bollocks.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Jesus, What have they done to the game. Dont like the tweaks at all, and the hitboxes are just disgraceful now (and its not coz I have been playing COD)
    3 of the maps are great...Oasis is White pass with the houses moved around ffs!

Guns nerfed beyond stupid.
    Lag now like in COD which I never had before.
    Major armour raping and nothing else.

I pre ordered BFBC2-Vietnam aswell :eek:.....I bet its bollocks.

The lag is a bug in the server code which should be fixed in the next few days.

TBH, I was on a server yesterday and spawned with a CG (as its like world of tanks now) and it killed me and told me to repick my kit...abviously a server add on now. I would love to play infantry only on these maps with just quads for transport.

But they better get the lag sorted asap.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    TBH, I was on a server yesterday and spawned with a CG (as its like world of tanks now) and it killed me and told me to repick my kit...abviously a server add on now. I would love to play infantry only on these maps with just quads for transport.

But they better get the lag sorted asap.

Sounds like one of the remote console scripts in action. As much as I don't care for the CG easy mode spammers, I like kit restrictions less and it's very unfair and unwise on the newer tank heavy maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

well to be fair, no one uses a CG for tanks lol so it sounds like an awesome script!

What is the bug in zoomed mode now, its impossible to hit anything. Most kills now are fluked in zoom mode. The only way to get a decent K : D now is rape in tanks. Game is taking a step back IMHO, needs to get that lag sorted asap. That built up map thats like karkand is major laggy...I know dublin gunner was pulling his fookin hair out last night.

The only plus point for the last few days is "STABBING SNEAKY SHOOTER MAC" camping by a bridge in full sniper mode....lmao. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Finding the new maps seriously refreshing for this game. Also finding no lag what so ever and even better hit detection than before. Sprinting feels seriously slow after playing COD for a bit there, however it does make the game more tactical.

Needs squads of guys all talking to each other on TS to really enjoy this game. Squad with at least one of each class would rule on any map. Pre-ordered the Vietnam expansion there as well. The in game music will really add to the experience!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TheFairy wrote: »
    Finding the new maps seriously refreshing for this game. Also finding no lag what so ever and even better hit detection than before. Sprinting feels seriously slow after playing COD for a bit there, however it does make the game more tactical.

Needs squads of guys all talking to each other on TS to really enjoy this game. Squad with at least one of each class would rule on any map. Pre-ordered the Vietnam expansion there as well. The in game music will really add to the experience!

Atlast he has seen the light :)
    If you enjoy BC2 infantry you should enjoy MOH now too mate, hitboxes are taken directly from MOH :)
    Playing BC2 infantry maps feels very similar to MOH to me.
    Fair play to Dice tbh,decent updates recently for both BC2 and MOH.
    BC2 only ever really lacked plenty of really top class maps,these latest maps are excellent imo.
    Ill get Nam expansion too but God knows when ill get to play all these games, WOW expansion out Tuesday,Nam soon after :)

• Advertisement

LOL WONDA, it was my 1st game in months, I was shocked to see you not in a tank because tbh u were hogging the fook out of them.
    Why was I sniping? Simple because everyone else was and by everyone I mean everyone who wasn't hogging tanks (that'd be you then ^ ^)
    Also my team won because of my selfless capping in the face of all you tank hoes!

But although it is a pure sniper's map, it was great to play something different, miles better than that blops ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Dcully wrote: »
    Atlast he has seen the light :)

Bugger off you old man!

LOL WONDA, it was my 1st game in months, I was shocked to see you not in a tank because tbh u were hogging the fook out of them.
    Why was I sniping? Simple because everyone else was and by everyone I mean everyone who wasn't hogging tanks (that'd be you then ^ ^)
    Also my team won because of my selfless capping in the face of all you tank hoes!

But although it is a pure sniper's map, it was great to play something different, miles better than that blops ****e.

Its the only way to paly the game at the moment....I aint being cannon fodder....so tanks it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Heavy metal map is insane for the sure size. But great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Barneslow

Is anyone having server trouble or lag since the latest DL? I am having some issues, some minor, some major. Reckon it could be my net?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

Barneslow wrote: »
    Is anyone having server trouble or lag since the latest DL? I am having some issues, some minor, some major. Reckon it could be my net?

I've noticed and so has my mate (both dubs) that the ping in BFBC2 is never low. Its consistently high at round 140 - 50 ish. Its been like that since a patch update ages ago. No idea why as we both have descent 15mb bandwidth. Can be very laggy sometimes. The in-game ping doesn'y however seem to be accurate as the game play isn't that affected.

Yep I was playing last night and had around 150 ping even though the server select showed thirtysomething. Might be a server load issue on the bigger maps, but then that would apply to everyone.
    I didn't check it on smaller maps so I can't really say. Didn't really bother wonda though.....fcuker was bagging and tagging like always ^ ^.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Yep I was playing last night and had around 150 ping even though the server select showed thirtysomething. Might be a server load issue on the bigger maps, but then that would apply to everyone.
    I didn't check it on smaller maps so I can't really say. Didn't really bother wonda though.....fcuker was bagging and tagging like always ^ ^.

IIRC its been like that since the game launched. Low ping in the browser, but much higher latency in game.

I'm usually around 120ms in game, even though in the browser it would say 30ms or so...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/427646.page

As you can see, this thread was from May. A quick google shows this was ALWAYS the case, nothing to do with the new update.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

This game is incredible - started playing 2 days ago, almost level 17, seriously cannot stop playing it but can manage to have a beer and a smoke while playing as its not too intense

Surprisingly good teamwork on public servers

And the hardcore mode full of dutch and germans as usual - real wehrmacht wannabes with their perfect teamplay

very impressed - i only got this game to get the vietnam expansion

graphics are cool, tried dx11 with very high aa and runs so smooth, pings show highish but feels so fast, first game i've played that at times feels like you are watching tv, looks so real, esp through the tank scope

Just going medic for now have unlocked the m60 and a scope on it, just love laying down suppressing fire.

The destructable buildings are great, flanking right up around the only solid piece of cover left in the area and finding 5 enemy squatting there desperately pinned down.. then just opening up.. aahhh

• Advertisement

IIRC its been like that since the game launched. Low ping in the browser, but much higher latency in game.

I'm usually around 120ms in game, even though in the browser it would say 30ms or so...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/427646.page

As you can see, this thread was from May. A quick google shows this was ALWAYS the case, nothing to do with the new update.

From what I can remember the ping in the browser NEVER reflected the true ping in game since launch....nothing to do with the latest patch. Although SPEARMAN would be the man to correct me if I am wrong.

This knew stutter effect not to dis-similar to the stutter in COD I just dont know WTF is up with it....but its terrible. Its at its worse in that built up map with the shanty town we were on last night Dubs...When you zoom up any gun the game just feels arkward at best.

I had my first decent game last night with no armour 37-7 K : D but it was still very bad lag wise...but its not internet lag. Spearman again said something about the server code and its been looked at.

Advertisement