Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BC2 finally gets new maps(ish)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Stingerbar wrote: »
    Just going medic for now have unlocked the m60 and a scope on it, just love laying down suppressing fire.

Suppressing fire with an M60? Don't you know it's the only sniper/cannon/CG hybrid gun in the game? It can out-snipe snipers second only to the shaft in quake for imba awesomeness!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    From what I can remember the ping in the browser NEVER reflected the true ping in game since launch....nothing to do with the latest patch. Although SPEARMAN would be the man to correct me if I am wrong.

Yes and no. The server browser shows simple ping, during a match it's the real latency, including server side processing time.
    I had my first decent game last night with no armour 37-7 K : D but it was still very bad lag wise...but its not internet lag. Spearman again said something about the server code and its been looked at.

Server version R26 is in test to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Suppressing fire with an M60? Don't you know it's the only sniper/cannon/CG hybrid gun in the game? It can out-snipe snipers second only to the shaft in quake for imba awesomeness!

I dont wanna spoil the game and make it all munchie but how does that work?

how many body shots to kill?
    cg?
    can i shoot down helicopters with it?

i tried the first sniper gun and it seems that i just point at the target and they die.. do i have to aim above them the further they are away? or just at the head?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I dont wanna spoil the game and make it all munchie but how does that work?

how many body shots to kill?
    cg?
    can i shoot down helicopters with it?

i tried the first sniper gun and it seems that i just point at the target and they die.. do i have to aim above them the further they are away? or just at the head?

CG is the M2 Carl Gustav, an 84mm rocket launcher which gets abused commonly. And as for helicopters, not in BC2, but in Vietnam you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Being a total nOOb with BFBC2, how do you use the counter measures in the helicopters????

Dubs, remember the other night we were on and both of us were firing tracer darts at the heli....we must have fired 5/6 between us and they kept falling off....how many chaffs (counter measures) do you get?

As for the M60, I prefer the M249 (the 2nd Medic gun) the m60 was awesome when the game came out....even the A9N is useless now.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I had a few rounds last night, and my god, the hit detection was messed up altogether.

I was getting killed a lot, even though I was firing full clips into ather guys chests and getting NO HITS whatsoever.

I'm going to assume that the hit detection issues, coupled with this stupid server latency / lag issue is whats causing the problem.

It was REALLY annoying.

An in game latency of 100+ms is FAR too much for an FPS. I couldn't get a grip on it at all.

And yeah, fkookin flares on the chopper. Limitless, and they reload WAY too quickly. Firing a dart at a heli is redundant. All it does if flash for one second. The only way it could work is if two of ye work together, one darts it, while the other locks on and fires - but even then I'm not sure there'd be enough time to get a lock and fire at the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Just a few questions lads..

For sniping, do I just point at target and fire or do I have to adjust slightly higher for distance? what about a moving target, do I lead with the shot or do I just go for the shot as they pass (like Day of Defeat)

I have a pretty fast machine, but by the time I am in the game everyone seems to have hopped into everything and scutted off.. is there some trick to getting into the map quicker.. I have an ATI card by the way

and finally, what vehicles can I damage with something like the m60?

right, I dont wanna know any more than that, having too much fun learning the hard way - still amazed at the teamplay on pub servers, maybe ive been playing too much L4D2 lately with little 14 yr douchebags

For sniping, do I just point at target and fire or do I have to adjust slightly higher for distance? what about a moving target, do I lead with the shot or do I just go for the shot as they pass (like Day of Defeat)

I have a pretty fast machine, but by the time I am in the game everyone seems to have hopped into everything and scutted off.. is there some trick to getting into the map quicker.. I have an ATI card by the way

right, I dont wanna know any more than that, having too much fun learning the hard way - still amazed at the teamplay on pub servers, maybe ive been playing too much L4D2 lately with little 14 yr douchebags

Yes, you do have to lead for a moving target and adjust the cross hairs higher for a longer distance...this is contrary to popular belief as YOU DO NOT DO THIS IN REAL LIFE (after reading two books based on snipers in Afghanistan)

You can damage NOTHING with an M60 apart from spraying a jeep for 5 mins, the M60 was the most powerfull gun when the game was orignally launched...its has been nerfed (toned down) alot but starting off playing the medic class is the way to go...maybe not on the new maps but deffo for the others.

There was an issue with ATi cards for loading under DX11 but as far as I know it was fixed. I am using an ATi 5970 but I play the game DX10 and I am one off those FOOKERS in the choppers or tanks.

Add me on steam and you can rock with a few guys from boards....we are on most nights....playing this or Black Ops....or for me DIRT2 online or L4D2

Yep, you must lead a moving target, and there is considerable bullet drop at longer ranges that must be compensated for. Its different for each weapon too, so practice.

Nope, you merely need a faster machine. 4GB ram, decent HDD anda fast processor are what you need. (GFX card adds nothign to loading time, its for real time rendering of the game environment).

Jepps and stuff like that. Heli's too, but you'll be shooting at one for quite a while!! Stationary MG's are pretty good for taking down heli's, including the ones on jeeps / tanks.

Trust me, they exist in BC2 also!! But playing together is far more rewarding in a BF game, even BC2. Its what the game encourages.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Barneslow wrote: »
    Is anyone having server trouble or lag since the latest DL? I am having some issues, some minor, some major. Reckon it could be my net?

Finally updated the game today.
    I've tried a few servers,but to me it's just unplayable with this lag issue :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Consider yourself lucky i literally cannot connect any server! Just get a please wait and a failed connection message despite me never having problems with the game before and none of my PC network settings being changed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Patched the game other day and joined TIG server and i have every gun and unlock?

Havent played since march and was nowhere near getting all the Assualt and Recon unlocks but now i have them :confused:

bug or Feature? using standard hax :p

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Patched the game other day and joined TIG server and i have every gun and unlock?

Havent played since march and was nowhere near getting all the Assualt and Recon unlocks but now i have them :confused:

bug or Feature? using standard hax :p

Sounds more like an unranked server.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

on TIG server it said it was ranked :confused:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    on TIG server it said it was ranked :confused:

I thought TiG had let their server lapse? Maybe one of them can clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Its ranked but we only got it for the Vietnam mod tbh. When the clan formed we mainly played Battlefield Vietnam, still do from time to time, hence the excitment when this DLC came along that even had old BFV maps!

As soon as the DLC is released we will be on that server every night, for now it will be now and then as we jump from CODBO to BFBC2. Both games are annoyingly flawed though!

Dubs,

Just to clarify there was a bug with ATi cards and BFBC2, If I am not mistaken you had to wait for a driver update to get the most out of your card and BFBC2 did you not?

I did have loading issues aswell (ATi 5970) for a week or so till a driver update was issued....to fix the problem. Dont know what card the other poster has but it should be well sorted now if a fairly new card. Obviously it does help to have a beefy PC, Alot of peeps were getting kicked last night with punckbuster issues....I got the latest update the other night, but it also depends on the server you are playing on running the latest too..so if the server you are on is running an older version you very well could be kicked just ask SHOOTERMAC....pmsl

What is with this mountain camping it is getting RIFE on heavy metal. I also notice a huge surge in people not bothering their ass taking flags now......if with the capture radius increased (which is a great idea)the normal thing to do now is camp in the little trees across from A with CG's and the like and just rocket like fook....

Or spawn on a squad mate who stays in the mountain @ B either side, and snipe or rocket....I mean we get new bigger maps and people camp up a ****in mountain....LMFAO. Then there is a queue at the heli pad like the social welfare office for the whole map for chopper raping spree's I tell you it worse the game is getting.

And to top it all off I got kicked off a Heavy Metal map last night for CAMPING at flag A....CAMPING....FOOKIN...CAMPING.....I was on my own at the flag alrite, trying to cap the fookin thing....It was an enemy flag and could not take it quick enough coz enemy kept spawning and I was picking them off as best I could......FFS!!! :rolleyes:

I got kicked form a server the other night because I moaned that they were camping our spawn (Cold War, where you parachute down).

They were picking us all off as we were parachuting in the pr1cks. I asked if they'd stop, then got banned for being 'disrespectful' lol.

I rejoined, and parchuted in, camped with my m-95 in the trees, and kept picking them off as they were trying to camp our spawn. Funnily, I got kicked and banned then, for being 'disrespectful' lol.

Knobs!

LMAO...I think with the new maps and the Vietnam DLC around the corner peeps are getting servers again and have not got a clue how to admin. I mean if you are admin and get killed constantly by a player you dont kick him ffs.

But getting kicked for CAMPING an enemy flag while trying to take it...come on....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

but it also depends on the server you are playing on running the latest too..so if the server you are on is running an older version you very well could be kicked just ask SHOOTERMAC....pmsl
    Aye, tried to join the server you were on, but got kicked as the version I had was newer than the version the server had :confused:just joined another server, though, and it was grand.

=-=

Notice that CoD destroyed my sniping a bit, but it may work out just as well having to relearn the bullet drop. Killed one with a sniper rifle, one at point blank with a pistol, and one with an airstrike. Killed a couple of lads in a chopper who flew in to cap a flag... right in front of the tank which I just hopped into :P

Still crashing left right and center, in all games including games that shouldn't use that much graphics power (eg: minecraft), so I'm blaming the card. Look forward to getting a new one after xmas - have to buy new camera toys before PC toys.

Blaming the card...WHY? I see it factory overclocked...try running it a vanilla settings? Might be other things mate.....could be power supply. What drivers you using.....

the_syco wrote: »
    Still crashing left right and center, in all games including games that shouldn't use that much graphics power (eg: minecraft), so I'm blaming the card. Look forward to getting a new one after xmas - have to buy new camera toys before PC toys.

I'd be blaming your PSU if I was you. You don't have it listed under your profile, so is it a cheapo one?
    Your issues sound exactly like a PSU problem. It can't supply enough power all of the time when in 3d mode. (as it also has a fairly power hungry CPU, 5 HDD's, a soundcard, and an overclocked video card to contend with)

lol....you think he done the old "buy top of the range parts" and skip the poxy PSU trick......hehe.

NAh, Id say he has a decent PSu but its going belly up....the fact every game is crashing suggests its more then the GPU. But there was a time when all was fine so what did you change SYCO.....drivers maybe....installed DEBBIE DOES DALLAS!!!

lol....you think he done the old "buy top of the range parts" and skip the poxy PSU trick......hehe.

NAh, Id say he has a decent PSu but its going belly up....the fact every game is crashing suggests its more then the GPU. But there was a time when all was fine so what did you change SYCO.....drivers maybe....installed DEBBIE DOES DALLAS!!!

I prefer Debbie does Denver. Its the personification of a triple SLI setup (SLI cables and all)...

Blaming the card...WHY? I see it factory overclocked...try running it a vanilla settings? Might be other things mate.....could be power supply. What drivers you using.....
    I'd like to run it at "vanilla settings", but so far no joy, apart from running Windows in "test mode", which I find annoying as hell, I can't underclock it.

PSU is a 850W CoolerMaster PSU.
    But there was a time when all was fine so what did you change SYCO.....drivers maybe....
    I forget when it ran fine. Maybe in BF2 it ran okay, but any newer game, no. Have cleaned the dust from it, but it still craps out the odd time. Craps out most often in Black Ops, BFBC2, and less so in MW2. I think either it can't handle the games, or the PSU can't handle it? Either way, will be getting a new GFX card after crimbo, and may as well get a 1000W PSU, or should a better PSU solve the problem?

Handles the games fine apart from the crashes. According to the ATI bar (with or without the CCC installed), the card has "not responded", the screen goes to sleep, goes back on, and picture comes back.

you dont need a 1000w psu. 850 is more than enough. but it needs to be not broken.

have you added any of th
    ose drives lately and are you using extenders or all straight to connectors from the psu? you could be overloading one of the rails.

Surely one of the TIG lads have a spare GPU you could try....just to see if it is the GPU. Last time I heard Suppafly had a box of them under his bed!!!!

Its the best way of knowing...failing that mate, I have an ati 4560 or something here if you wanna try it....

BTW, nothing wrong with a 1000w PSU dubs...I have one...lmao..only joking it was the same price as the 850w when I was buying it...Coolermaster Pro 1000w

Much better of with a really good make and smaller output then a large PSu from ALDI or LIDL.....:p

• Advertisement

you dont need a 1000w psu. 850 is more than enough. but it needs to be not broken.

have you added any of those drives lately and are you using extenders or all straight to connectors from the psu? you could be overloading one of the rails.
    Pretty sure I added the latest HDD and GFX card at the same time. Have tried old and new drivers, with and without the CCC, and with and without a program that increased the fan speed. Had the fan running at 100% (louder, but still bearable), but it still had a mini crash.

Have two power cables going direct from the PSU to the card. I think someone else here had/has the same card, without any crashes, but I don't know their rig specs.

Advertisement