Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BC2 finally gets new maps(ish)

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

you dont need a 1000w psu. 850 is more than enough. but it needs to be not broken.

have you added any of th
    ose drives lately and are you using extenders or all straight to connectors from the psu? you could be overloading one of the rails.

Jaysus even a 650W psu would be more than enough. 1000W is total overkill. Don't blame the PSU mofo!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Jaysus even a 650W psu would be more than enough. 1000W is total overkill. Don't blame the PSU mofo!
    In that case, it's the GFX card. It's the only part that fails in game. Heck, the game would keep playing in the background, and at times I can continue playing, if no-one has killed me in the meantime. Budget for a new GFX card is usually €250-€300 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Fixed my game and got playing and god i still love this game. Harvest is such a bloody good map it actually feels like a proper war zone! Only hate which has been apparent since day 1 is the over use of the sniper class it's a real game breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would not go out and buy a 1000W PSu cherry....but I wanted an 850w and it was the same price. Its not often you can future proof yourself with PSu's so I got it.

As for snipers....they are not real problem TBH..not on the new BIG maps. I suppose I have a very god habit or never standing still so no clean shots here....but if you low low health and you get hit running I bleedin hate that. :mad:

How are darts these days? Used to love shooting them at snipers, so I could lock on, and hit them with an RPG :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

speaking of darts, I noticed a queue of 4 guys on my team waiting for a chopper in the wind mill(wind turbine is wonda is reading this:)) map, so i darted all 4, then drove off in a jeep laughing Buahahahahahah! No regrets I'd do it again!

LMAO....why not call it the lolli pop level.

I dont know which is worse getting an engi drill kill or a dart-RPG kill.

Annnnnnnd for anyone who gives a damn, here's what happens immediately after the mini crash, if I goto the desktop, rather than waiting in game for the game to come back on the screen...

attachment.php?attachmentid=139262&stc=1&d=1292277467

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

the_syco wrote: »
    attachment.php?attachmentid=139262&stc=1&d=1292277467

had that problem a few months ago and I had to underclock my GFX card for a while but it eventually came down to air flow in my case, I stuck a 120mm fan into my case as an intake and it resolved the problem

Yeah deffo the card or PSu not powering it enough. What temps is the card hitting when gaming SYCO? And to you have decent airflow, I really doubt the temps are making the card crash. But I would not have the card on AUTO fan control. As I found when tweaking my own card that the ATi cats tend to wait too long for the fans to increase. Better of setting the fans to say 45% like I do nad have the card cool all the time and fighting the temps as you game then waiting for them to kick in.

There are new cats 10.12 out try them but its not a driver issue for me....either the card is FOOKED or PSu is not 100%.....Personally I am glad you are not gaming as no more C4 jeeps online!!!!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Even a PSU with 60% efficiency could power that beast :P

Not if one of the rails that power the GPU is dodgy cherry....I am not on about power of the PSu, if the unit is faulty other then power output it will not power the card. Even if the PSu is overheating it would crash the GPU and make it unstable.....

It would be terrible to buy a new GPU install it and have the same problems....shame he cant hot swap a GPU to see if indeed it is the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Not if one of the rails that power the GPU is dodgy

could be

hey Syco did you d/l Gpu-Z yet?

use the sensor tab as it writes a log file so you will know if temps or voltage are causing the problem when your game crashes out next time

Personally I am glad you are not gaming as no more C4 jeeps online!!!!! lol
    Oh, I'm back. Playing BFBC2 last night, and killed 3 tanks with Jihad jeeps, and due to the speed of the jeeps, when I jumped, they kept going, so I was able to walk away from all of them unhurt. I was able to then run up to an enemy tank, place an ammo crate, resupply myself with C4, and then plant 2 on the side of the tank I was hiding behind, and blew it up. Also, due to the open terrain, it's easier to "pounce" onto tanks :P
    Yeah deffo the card or PSu not powering it enough. What temps is the card hitting when gaming SYCO?
    From an older thread
    it was 67 to 70 Celsius with the fan speed at 69%
    I have put the fan to 100% speed, but the problems still occurred in the past.
    Auvers wrote: »
    Will try it later.

What do you mean YOU HAVE to put the fan on 100%....Why? If you have to do this to keep the card cool something deffo wrong...Is the card under warranty?

The more we ask questions the more it seems like the GPU was C4'ed...lol:eek:

What do you mean YOU HAVE to put the fan on 100%....Why? If you have to do this to keep the card cool something deffo wrong...Is the card under warranty?
    Thought it may have been heat, so popped up the fan to 100% to see if that helped - it didn't. Dunno if it's under warranty - bought it about a year ago, so will have to check into that. Will check the GPUZ thing over the weekend, to see what it says.
    The more we ask questions the more it seems like the GPU was C4'ed...lol:eek:
    :D

Auvers wrote: »
    could be

use the sensor tab as it writes a log file so you will know if temps or voltage are causing the problem when your game crashes out next time
    Screen went white for a while whilst playing a map in BFBC2, and then went back into the game shortly afterwards. The only thing that strikes me is that is that the GPU load hit 100% (spiked from 55%), but the temps stayed the same.

Will use this program for the next few days, and see what results I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Screen went white for a while whilst playing a map in BFBC2, and then went back into the game shortly afterwards. The only thing that strikes me is that is that the GPU load hit 100% (spiked from 55%), but the temps stayed the same.

Will use this program for the next few days, and see what results I get.

Seems like a driver error I used to get.

I assume you have the game fully updated? What drivers are you using?

Seems like a driver error I used to get.

I assume you have the game fully updated? What drivers are you using?
    Have it through Steam, so yeah, most likely updated. Have tried the most uptodate drivers, older drivers, oldest drivers, etc.

Advertisement