Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete Stew Challenge = Free Guinness ?

Options
  • 05-11-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

Just heard of this from a friend but he was vague on the details. Have any of you heard of a place which offers the reward of a free pint of guinness to whomever meets the challenge of finishing a large stew? If so, what's the name of the place and what kind of stew is it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

The last thing I'd want after an eating contest is a pint of Guinness. I doubt your friend's bona fides on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

FTGFOP wrote: »
    The last thing I'd want after an eating contest is a pint of Guinness.

That's probably what they're hoping for ;) It sounded a little strange to me alright but I told my friend that I'd make the inquiry on his behalf anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Clancy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

How much is the stew?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

"Irish Stew: tender lamb, root vegetables and herbs, rich lamb stock, served in a cobbler loaf. Eat the lot and pour your own glass of Guinness!

€15.95"

from here.

It's just a normal serving of stew then, not 'challenge' stew. So I'd look at it as a free pint for dessert as long as you finish your stew :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Feck it, I'll just make my own!

Advertisement