Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something that has mystified me for years

Options
  • 05-11-2010 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

I have a rather odd memory and I can't quite isolate if it was real or a dream:

One Summer evening somewhere between I estimate 1986 and 1989 I was walking along the seafront to the harbor, if I recall correctly to attend the live music outside the front of the Beach House so it would have been festival weekend. Anyhow as I was coming around by Carrig Eden there was something extremely odd in the opposite Northern side of the Cove. There on the rocks was the wreckage of a plane! Madness! Nobody else around no sign of emergency services, barriers or anything. it was like I had opened a door to the Twilight Zone. hesitantly I continued my walk until I got to the other side and realised it was not a real plane (Duh!) but an elaborate prop that I can only assume was setup for a photoshoot or film despite their being no crew, trailers or anything else related in the vicinity. Over time I completely forgot about the incident though it occasionally flashes back to my mind, like right now after reading mention of the Cove in another thread.

Maybe somebody knows what was going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Hi, it was used by the civil defence in an exercise which was held on the Bank holiday weekend of the festival. I remember it

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Reminds me of a story of a drunk man in 1942 seeing people dancing on the sea at night. Everyone said he had a bad dose of poteen until years later it was judged to have been a U Boat crew exercising. West of Ireland story I think. Plausable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Hi, it was used by the civil defence in an exercise which was held on the Bank holiday weekend of the festival. I remember it

Excellent, thanks. That's one less loose screw rattling about my noggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

Reminds me of a story of a drunk man in 1942 seeing people dancing on the sea at night. Everyone said he had a bad dose of poteen until years later it was judged to have been a U Boat crew exercising. West of Ireland story I think. Plausable.

I Love This Story. never hear it before.

5149966660_31bbce23c2_z.jpg
    DSCF1323 by pixbyjohn, on Flickr

• Advertisement

5149354967_edb5b44028_z.jpg
    DSCF1322 by pixbyjohn, on Flickr

Advertisement