Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Revision

• 05-11-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I'm a leaving cert student :( and I've heard great heard very good reports of an English revision book, "English Key Notes" I just wanted to know does anyone know who the author is? I can't seem to find this book anywhere!! Also, if anyone knows which of these three revision books are worth the fortune they are : Revise Wise, Less Stress More Success or Rapid Revision. I plan on buying one of them for Geography, Spanish, Home Ec and Biology. I just have no idea which brand is the best. I really would appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Fiona :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moved to the Leaving Cert forum - the Help Desk is for people who are having trouble using the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm sorry to say, but Key Notes 2011 in no longer in stock, Key Notes 2012 is being published now! :( Check around on ebay/amazon/other sites though, it's really a great book and it'd be fantastic if you could get your hands on it.
    Get Revise Wise for Biology, and I'm not sure about the rest, but steer clear of Less Stress, More Success in general. They're supposed to be awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Exam skills geography by Sue Honan.
    Has all the long questions you need & marking schemes!

English revision books are fairly bad except key notes 2011,which would be hard to find unless you order it online.

I don't do them other subjects but I hear rapid revision is what most of the teachers use for Biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

I'm soo lucky as I went into Easons on Friday and got the second last English Key notes! Delighted! Thanks for the feedback everyone! Really appreicate it :)

Fiona1993 wrote: »
    I'm soo lucky as I went into Easons on Friday and got the second last English Key notes! Delighted! Thanks for the feedback everyone! Really appreicate it :)

Really? That's great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Sue Honan teaches online too, basically more uptodate notes than those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭musicloverx

I just wondering for anyone who has the english key notes 2011 what exactly is in it?..is it comparative and poems aswell?..i'thinking of ordering it online but i can't look at it, i've heard its very good though so might just chance it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Get it. I have it. It's good. It gives you examples and for the poetry alone, it's worth it's weight in gold.

I just wondering for anyone who has the english key notes 2011 what exactly is in it?..is it comparative and poems aswell?..i'thinking of ordering it online but i can't look at it, i've heard its very good though so might just chance it:)

It's got absolutely everything you need for paper 2 with lots of sample answers. Well worth it if you're lucky enough to get your hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

It's absolutely excellent! It's the comparative, Hamlet and poems. Really, really worth getting. It's very reasonable..around 14 euro. Alot of teachers take most of their notes on the comparative and Hamlet from this book. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement