Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. Notes

• 05-11-2010 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

Is there anywhere I could get second-hand notes for leaving cert. Most of my teachers don't give notes so I have nothing to go on except a few handouts.

I do:
    Business, Applied Math, Physics, French, English, Irish and Math
    All honors?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

I know a great website which has absolutely amazing notes on physics, like throw out your book good. Well I think so anyway. It goes chapter by chapter with everything you'll need to know plu experiments derivations and extra stiff to help you understand if your having trouble. Plus it has all exam questions to do with that chapter collated together and the answers! Amazing. http://www.thephysicsteacher.ie/leavingcertphysicshome.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

ruadhan wrote: »
    I know a great website which has absolutely amazing notes on physics, like throw out your book good. Well I think so anyway. It goes chapter by chapter with everything you'll need to know plu experiments derivations and extra stiff to help you understand if your having trouble. Plus it has all exam questions to do with that chapter collated together and the answers! Amazing. http://www.thephysicsteacher.ie/leavingcertphysicshome.html

+1 - top class site!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭conorod

This website has some good English notes, the higher-level ones are password protected but the ordinary level ones are free to download and I do know some higher level students who still find some of them of use.

http://www.aoifesnotes.com/leaving-cert/ordinary-level/

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

Anyone else know of anything?
    Maybe the OP found somewhere and would liketo share? =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I've never been all that great with other peoples notes so I'd see if you can find a system of note writing that really suits you. I have a brainstorm of every chapter for every subject, lists of definitions and equations and a compilation of diagrams all in a big massive folder. There are loads of different ways of doing it though, I just like having a whole chapter on one page.

For French, my teacher sent me a massive email of websites that I can PM you, I haven't checked through all of them yet.

Also, +1 for the physics teacher, its amazing! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

French - Yes Please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

For applied maths there's a day of like....I won't say grinds but the maths teachers association gets teachers in to cover 8 of the ten questions in a little 2 day seminar. You get had outs with step by step guides to question types and solutions and everything. It's on some time in the next few months I'm sure! :o great for a burst of good revision and great notes :) it's in cork the on I'm on about but it could be on in other provinces/counties, not sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

For French, my teacher sent me a massive email of websites that I can PM you, I haven't checked through all of them yet.

Can you PM the email of websites on to me. Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭work.inprocess

NotExactly wrote: »
    Can you PM the email of websites on to me. Thanks.:)

Can you PM the email of websites to me too please if it's not too much hassle? Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've never been all that great with other peoples notes so I'd see if you can find a system of note writing that really suits you. I have a brainstorm of every chapter for every subject, lists of definitions and equations and a compilation of diagrams all in a big massive folder. There are loads of different ways of doing it though, I just like having a whole chapter on one page.

OMG.. Crayolostereo i will love you for the rest of my life forever if you PM me that list.. I'll sell you my house.. and my dog! :L..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

I have a website StudyScience.ie with free leaving cert. physics, chemistry and biology notes. They're all in .pdf format for easy printing and for putting on other devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 NathanOR

Chuchoter wrote: »

Willl YOU PLEASE SEND ON THE LIST OF FRENCH WEBSITES PLEASE!!! :O :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Would love a PM with the links for the French notes if possible. Thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 robert12345

Neodymium wrote: »
    I have a website StudyScience.ie with free leaving cert. physics, chemistry and biology notes. They're all in .pdf format for easy printing and for putting on other devices.

This website is really good too. Especially for those who need Chemistry and Biology notes. Except there are some chapters for Chemistry not done yet and I'm not sure about Biology because I don't do it but overall the notes are brilliant. Thanks a lot for making the website.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Or just make your own, which would be much more useful for you anyway.

What will you do in college if you can't make your own notes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 karlobrien_

Could you send that list? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lady365

Can you PM the email of websites to me too please if it's not too much hassle? Thank you :)

can u send them onto me aswell (French)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 karlobrien_

Found this site launching soon for Leaving Cert notes if anyone is interested:
    <snip>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Found this site launching soon for Leaving Cert notes if anyone is interested:
    <snip>

Please repost when it's doing more than taking email addresses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement