Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hobans car park now closed

Options
  • 05-11-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

i see this is closed now , its going to be a nightmare trying to get parking.

guess ill have to stick to the spots as i always get a free parking spot.

what are they going to do with it.

i take it the project of making another street hind main st is off the agenda with the county and developers in the toilet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

I may be wrong but i think its this time of year the Fun Fair comes to Castlebar,mabey its closed for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

perhaps but why the concrete crash barriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Its closed for good im afraid. There is a piece in this weeks Mayo Advertiser about it. Basically says that it was left open as a goodwill gesture for a number of years but is now closed.

This is going to create bedlam in the town especially with christmas coming. Its also a serious waste of space slap in the middle of the town.
    Was the gate on the church side blocked up also?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

statto25 wrote: »
    Its closed for good im afraid. There is a piece in this weeks Mayo Advertiser about it. Basically says that it was left open as a goodwill gesture for a number of years but is now closed.

This is going to create bedlam in the town especially with christmas coming. Its also a serious waste of space slap in the middle of the town.
    Was the gate on the church side blocked up also?

was that not a pedestrian entrance only?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

irishgeo wrote: »
    was that not a pedestrian entrance only?

Im nearly sure there is a gate from the Council Car Park into the Private one.
    There is also a pedestrian access in the corner of the car park

• Advertisement
Advertisement