Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera for recording? (nikon)

• 05-11-2010 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

hey

Im looking at getting into recording video. A few friends are recording with DSLR's now, and the quality in the recordings is fantastic, they really look clean and i love how adaptable they can be to different situations.

At the moment im shooting a d60. Yea i know, its not the best, but i like it! I feel i've out grown it tho. A big problem with the d60 for me is getting Auto focus working with certain lenses. Other than the stock 18-55mm i have the 1.4 50mm. Both are AF-S. I also have a 28-210mm lens which isnt AF-s, so i have manually focus it. I also heard that theres an issue with the shutter or chip for shooting IR. I havnt tried it yet, but its something id like to get into.

So im looking at selling my d60 and upgrading. In fairness I've learned alot on it, and its time to upgrade(when i get the money together). Ideally id like something which doesnt rely on AF-s so i can pick up older lenses.

A prerequsite is most definitly being able to record HD as it is something I need to get into for work.

Any recommendations? Id prefare to buy in dublin if possible, just so i can moan at someone face to face if something goes wrong :D A trade in would be great too if possible. Id be happy just trading the camera, there litterally isnt a mark on it and i have the box and everything that came with it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

The new D7000 is Nikon's best camera for HD video at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have read that a hacked Panasonic GH1 is one of the best DSLRs for video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

As a nikon user, I hate to admit it, but Canon have better video on their DSLRs.

There is a reason that a few big TV shows have used Canon over Nikon for filming the occasional episode.

Nikon is catching up with the D7000 but Canon is still in the lead.

Advertisement