Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preowned from xtravision = unreadable

Options
  • 06-11-2010 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

I got a copy of Forza 3 for €10 from there tonight, what's the policy for an unreadable disc? Are they good for returns?

Also slim chance I think, but can I bring it back to another shop for an exchange?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

So long as you have the receipt, everything should be fine. The only time I've found them to be troublesome with returns is if you're making the return because you didn't like the game rather than there being a fault. At the very least you will get an exchange/store credit, if not a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I reckon you should be ok returning this, but you may need to talk your way into it. I bought a used copy of Gears Of War from Xtravision about a year ago. I got to a certain spot and froze. Each time I got to this spot it would freeze up again. When I brought it back I was told that it was grand, I should just install it to my Xbox. I almost walked away thinking I'd install it and life would be peachy when I thought "Hang on a minute! That's still faulty goods! I should have to install it for it to work. It should work regardless", and demanded a different copy of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Thanks lads, think I could bring it back to another (nearer) store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

No, you have to bring it back to the store you purchased it from as far as I'm aware. You can give a shot if you'd like, but I would assume that the store near you will be reluctant to take back the product as they didn't sell it to you, and as a result, they will have to take a loss due to another stores mistake. Even though Xtra-vision is a franchise, each outlet has a different owner, so each store is responsible for it's own mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's about €12.60 (£9.93+£1) new from TheHut if Xtravision don't have any other copies in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

grizzly wrote: »
    Thanks lads, think I could bring it back to another (nearer) store?

I did this for a game I bought that was unreadable and there were no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Yeah, this was no problem. I took it to my local store with the reciept. Was give new discs.

Advertisement