Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HELP, re wifi for 360 on vodaphone

• 06-11-2010 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

i,m trying to set up a 360 with the ms wireless usb adaptor to acess the vodaphone broadband router , i cant get a wireless connection to the router.
    THE router is a huawie HG556A ,I have it set to no security ,no wep,no wpa, wifi auto channel.I have looked at guides on xbox wifi setup, and tried various settings ,but i can,t get wireless acess ,the router shows up in ,network settings, vodafone1109 , theres an x between the console and the router, it says cannot get ip adress from the router.HAS anyone got a 360 set up on vodafone wireless ,that can give me some advice,re settings ,dns, server, ip settings etc to get it working.
    i have it working thru wifi wireless on my laptop,and it works fine.

Can anyone recommend a homeplug adaptor for the 360 , so i could just use that for xbox live ,the routers too far away to run an ethernet cable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

ricman wrote: »
    i,m trying to set up a 360 with the ms wireless usb adaptor to acess the vodaphone broadband router , i cant get a wireless connection to the router.
    THE router is a huawie HG556A ,I have it set to no security ,no wep,no wpa, wifi auto channel.I have looked at guides on xbox wifi setup, and tried various settings ,but i can,t get wireless acess ,the router shows up in ,network settings, vodafone1109 , theres an x between the console and the router, it says cannot get ip adress from the router.HAS anyone got a 360 set up on vodafone wireless ,that can give me some advice,re settings ,dns, server, ip settings etc to get it working.

Can anyone recommend a homeplug adaptor for the 360 , so i could just use that for xbox live ,the routers too far away to run an ethernet cable.

No idea about those Huawie routers and not even sure if you'll be able to play online due to latency and packet loss issues. I'm sure a current Vodafone customer can confirm whether you'll be able to or not.

What I do know about is homeplugs, as I use Netgear 200Mbps plugs. Even the cheapest homeplugs will work perfectly with xbox live. Only think about investing in the more expensive 200Mbps ones if you want to stream HD content to your console over your home network. Check eBay, I remember seeing some really cheap ones on there before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

its a phone broadband router,it says speed = 1.2megs per second, i think its fast enough for xbox live if i can get the settings right, i rang customer support they said they dont have info on the 360,.I think i need to open ports or forward ports to get the 360 working on wireless mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

i have that huawie HG556Arouter its bog standard but its grand for xbox live.have you tried going down the ethernat cable route as in pluging it straigh in to the router and to the back of the xbox to see if it works that way.and if it does you should be able to get some onf the settings of it.

edit
    dident read all of your post about the ethernet cable.

is it failing when you test the connection on xboxlive scree on the tv??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

i,m setting it up for my cousin, i would not be allowed run a cable,the router is 50ft away from the console, it says error, console cannot get ip adress from router, in wifi scan, it pickups up the router, identifys it as vodafone09 router ,same as my pc. i tried knocking off all security ,no wep,no wpa, it makes no difference.
    theres an x between the router and the console, on the testing screen,
    i think ill have to buy a homeplug unit to get it working.i have 360 in wifi infrastructure mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

i,m setting it up for my cousin, i would not be allowed run a cable,the router is 50ft away from the console, it says error, console cannot get ip adress from router, in wifi scan, it pickups up the router, identifys it as vodafone09 router ,same as my pc. i tried knocking off all security ,no wep,no wpa, it makes no difference.
    theres an x between the router and the console, on the testing screen,
    i think ill have to buy a homeplug unit to get it working.i have 360 in wifi infrastructure mode.

i have my router dwonstairs and the xbox upstairs and i have no problems so i dont no if the homeplug will sort you problem for you,have you tried to asign a static ip address to the xbox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Haggis The Dog

i have vodafone BB, but a belkin router so not familiar with the standard one, take a look at this blog http://bit.ly/cguJFH that may help, otherwise try the vodafone support site...i used the following to set up belkin router.

http://bit.ly/b6sU2d

good luck

Advertisement