Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upsetting text on BF's phone

Options
  • 06-11-2010 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I don't really know where to start here so, sorry if this is a bit all over the place.

Basically I'm 8 months pregnant, been with my OH for the guts of 4 years and we live together.

Yesterday morning he left his phone at home when he went off to work and I committed the cardinal sin, I read his texts.. I know, I know :(

Anyway in his recent texts (within the week) I found a message from a good friend of his and this is what it read.. word for word barr the names..

"Alright **** how you? **** and ***** are on a mad 1, jammy cnuts, der lukn 4 brazzers numbers. send me dat 1 u had pal!!"

For anyone who doesn't know what a brazzer is.. it's a prostitute.

I rang his other phone when I got to work and confronted him and his first reaction was to try and laugh it off.. said it was his mate joking around etc and he'd prove it, we'd both be laughing about it by the end of the day.. Yada yada yada.. and he even mentioned taking a lie detector test (half in jest) but I thought that was a bloody good idea.. and I said I'd organize it.. He even said he'd pay for it if I found a place that does it.. I know it's all getting a bit Jermey Kyle here but stay with me..

So off I went onto Google and sure enough found a place in Dublin that does them for a hefty fee.. rang him back and told him I'd located somewhere to do it.. Then his attitude changed to "well fcuk if I'm paying for this.. you should trust me, you know I wouldn't do anything like this" etc etc etc..

Then last night when we got home I asked him out straight again about the text and it has now gone from "it was the lads messing" to "look it was just a strippers number from a party
    I was at years ago" to "Everyone has a past ffs"

Don't get me wrong, I know everyone has a past, I'm no angel, but I'm guessing that if there was a number he had from before he met me (4 years ago) the girl would probably be retired or moved on by now.. So I'm betting this number his mates are looking for is fairly recent.. Also his friends would be quite er 'worldly' and I seriously doubt that a dusty 4 year old number would be of interest to them..

I don't really know what I'm looking for here, I just don't know what to do next.. Tbh, the polygraph is way out of my price range, but he doesn't know that, he thinks we're booked in to take it next week.. I guess I'm hoping he'll fess up to something before then out of fear of being outed by someone else..

I've caught him lying to me before a few times but nothing as serious as this :(

My baby is due very soon and right now I don't even want him anywhere near me, I slept in our spare room last night.. Our sex life has pretty much been put on the back burner since around the middle of my pregnancy but he's always seemed pretty ok about it and just says he looks forward to getting it back after our baby is born.. Now I'm worried he's been getting 'seen to' elsewhere while I'm out of action :(

Anyone got any advice for me or been in a similar situation?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Mods.. Can you please move this to PI??

I must have posted it here by mistake :(

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

To be honest i dont know what to say,

Things hurt 100% more when your pregnant.

If that was me i would have phone the guy who sent the text message, to see what he had to say.

I know i hit the roof when my fella went to a strip club on his stag night, but the worst bit was his friends (my friends) paid for him to have personal, private strippers (dont know what that s called but there is only the two of them in the room for 10mins they paid for that at least 3 times) , we almost did not get married, i was livid and just thinking about it now is making my blood boil.

Back to subject,
    Do you love the guy?
    Do you want to be a family?
    Do you trust him?
    Can you forgive him (if needs be)?

What ever is in the past leave it there, (before you met or in your early days)

best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Distressed1

Hi, I posted this in the wrong forum, I meant to post it in PI.. My head is all over the place at the minute.

Thanks for your reply Grindelawald..

I don't really care what he did before he met me, I thought I made that clear in my OP.. I'm worried that he's been up to something since we've been together, or worse still, during my pregnancy...

Of couse I love him and want to be a family, this baby was planned, this has pretty much knocked me for six.. and NO if he has done something since we've been together I cannot forgive him.. it will be the end of us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement