Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do you want to see in 4th place?

• 06-11-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

This is meant to be a poll not for the supporters of any of these three clubs. Every other fan I talk to about the top 4 and the CL seems to be really happy that Spurs are currently in the CL. I was wondering is it a common feeling?

*** Didn't mean the extra s at the end of hotspur :( ***

What team do you want to get 4th place? 51 votes

I'm a fan of one of these clubs
    0%
    Liverpool
    45%
    Koldx in the cityLister1FizmanjebidiahredzerdrogGillingtonHoki[Deleted User]Mr. Guappatok9everdead.iePierce_1991Kimono-GirlMR NINEKittyeeTrixFerris_Buellerpajero12BOHtoxMoist Bread 23 votes
    Manchester City
    25%
    mike65Palefacebreadmonkeyemc2ciano1YakultL'profHandsome BobSM01x43r0Washington Irvingdoc_17AstonMartin 13 votes
    Tottenham Hotspur
    29%
    keano_afcapplehunterA Dub in GlasgoeventeZe^OPENROAD[Deleted User]Bubs101eoin2ncDozen Wicked WordsflahavajTheSpecialOnegreendomPauletaScuba Ste 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Thought Fingal came fourth?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Manchester City
    Obviously being a pool supporter I would like to see them there but that more than likely wont happen this season. So spurs it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Liverpool
    Interested to see where the Arsenal votes go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Tottenham Hotspur
    Ooops I though it said who do you think will come 4th not who do you want. LOL. None of the above. Someone harmless and unthreatening like Everton would be nice. Or West Brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Man United. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Manchester City
    Liverpool, Spurs, City

Which (I think) is also the order of how threatened I feel by those clubs with regards to Arsenal's Champions League spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

As a Utd fan, Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Balls, take one away from the Spurs tally, didn't read the other options until after I voted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Voted Spurs, United fan.

Although if they finished outside the top 4, I'd like to think a couple of their players would be up for grabs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Spurs. I really dislike Liverpool, think city are a bit of a joke and the Grandfather is a spurs fan so they get the vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Blackpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Liverpool
    10 games in is far too early to be deciding that Chelsea, United & Arsenal have the top 3 places sewn up. Based on the assumption that they have then as a Spurs fan I obviously want us to finish in the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Manchester City
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    10 games in is far too early to be deciding that Chelsea, United & Arsenal have the top 3 places sewn up. Based on the assumption that they have then as a Spurs fan I obviously want us to finish in the top 4.

Maybe not the top 3, but I can't see any of those 3 finishing outside the top 4, can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I voted Spurs.

Entertaining football and some likeable characters such as Modric/Bale/Gomes/King.

Don't like Liverpool never will. United bias. Same for City. Even so I would have prefered Spurs for the above reasons anyways.

Liverpool
    I'd imagine the vast majority of "neutral" fans will be hopng Spurs get 4th.

Are the top 3 dead cert though this year? I'm not so sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

United fan, voted for Spurs.

I really like some of Spurs players (VDV, Modric, Bale, Lennon, etc), plus, I don't like Liverpool or City.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Tottenham Hotspur
    Kold wrote: »
    Interested to see where the Arsenal votes go.

Mine went to City. It was never going to Spurs, and Liverpool will be nowhere near 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Tottenham Hotspur
    City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Liverpool
    L'prof wrote: »
    Maybe not the top 3, but I can't see any of those 3 finishing outside the top 4, can you?

Oh yeah, I think the top 3 will be Chelsea, Arsenal, United (probably in that order IMO) but it's a bit early in the season to be writing off City and Spurs' chances of cracking the top 3 (slim chance that it may be).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

This is worse than the polls I put up. What happened to the other teams?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

What a very trick question.

Liverpool - Love the rivalry we have with them, as long as we finish higher and they aren't relegated I'm not too bothered.

Man City - Quite dislike a few of their players with a passion, and the same as liverpool, decent rivalry and as long as we finish higher and they're not relegated, not too botherd.

Spurs - Love the team, they play beautiful football at times, but I'd like to see them miss out on the CL if it means Bale will have a chance of moving on to United.

Picked spurs, just because I think they are a decent club, that haven't tried to buy there way to the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wheres the 'don't really care' option and why aren't the other top 8 teams from last year in there?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Wheres the 'don't really care' option and why aren't the other top 8 teams from last year in there?
    If you don't care, why would you want to vote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    If you don't care, why would you want to vote?

There is no choice there that covers me. I couldn't care less if it comes down to those three teams really. Meh maybe Liverpool just so all those Liverpool fans who don't respect their manager would have to bury their heads in the sand.:)

But if Villa and Everton were an option I'd pick one of them for sure ahead of those three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    What a very trick question.

Liverpool - Love the rivalry we have with them, as long as we finish higher and they aren't relegated I'm not too bothered.

Man City - Quite dislike a few of their players with a passion, and the same as liverpool, decent rivalry and as long as we finish higher and they're not relegated, not too botherd.

Spurs - Love the team, they play beautiful football at times, but I'd like to see them miss out on the CL if it means Bale will have a chance of moving on to United.

Picked spurs, just because I think they are a decent club, that haven't tried to buy there way to the top.

em, you could say a lot about Spurs but they have spent A LOT of money in the last few years. I'd say their first team would have an average price of £10m.

Liam O wrote: »
    em, you could say a lot about Spurs but they have spent A LOT of money in the last few years. I'd say their first team would have an average price of £10m.
    Yeah, I didn't mean they haven't spent any kinda money trying to get up there, I meant more as a Man City/Chelsea amount of money, they have been a well run club, and are buying decent players, but not going crazy on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Trying to be neutral I'd say Spurs, then Liverpool. As an Arsenal fan I don't want Spurs and Fat Harry there though, and I don't want City in there either because I don't want another Chelski coming up.

I suppose overall I want Liverpool in there and in there quick, because if they do it at the end of the season we'll never hear the end of their triumph over adversity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hello friends,

As a neutral I like what City are doing as a club. Good mix of youth and experience while also trying to build a brand name.

Very likeable bunch too.

n268282694714_6018.jpg

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hello friends,

As a neutral I like what City are doing as a club. Good mix of youth and experience while also trying to build a brand name.

Very likeable bunch too.

n268282694714_6018.jpg
    Why hello Mr neutral sir, that is a nice moustache you have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Spurs. Citeh are far too fake of a club. The walls will fall down soon enough and their fans can go back to the good old days of winning nothing when their Sheik gets bored.

Flying paper aeroplanes. Classy set of fans those noisy neighbours are. Does any player actually dream of playing for Citeh? Such a fake, fake club.

Le King wrote: »
    Spurs. Citeh are far too fake of a club. The walls will fall down soon enough and their fans can go back to the good old days of winning nothing when their Sheik gets bored.

Flying paper aeroplanes. Classy set of fans those noisy neighbours are. Does any player actually dream of playing for Citeh? Such a fake, fake club.

Glass houses, stones, generalisations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Glass houses, stones, generalisations.

Wow one fan... What about the paper aeroplanes many city fans threw on the pitch. The world scum comes to mind there. I wouldn't mind but it's just sick that sort of shít.

Wow one fan... What about the paper aeroplanes many city fans threw on the pitch. The world scum comes to mind there. I wouldn't mind but it's just sick that sort of shít.

One fan, fifty fans, two hundred fans, what's the difference? All clubs have sections of their support that are ****, your lot included, but of course it's ok for you to generalise.
    Flying paper aeroplanes. Classy set of fans those noisy neighbours are

Yes, because they all do it :rolleyes:

You are one of the most precious folk posting here and your red tinted specs know no boundaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

You are one of the most precious folk posting here and your red tinted specs know no boundaries.

Looks like someone's afternoon shrimp got burnt on the barbie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Liverpool

This made me laugh:D

The bitterness and hatred wafting off it is astounding!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

The only question in any 'neutral' thread these days seems to be who the inevitable willy-waving will be between - Utd and Liverpool, City and Utd, LoI v PL or some individual poster trolling and everyone else... sigh.

On topic, as an Arsenal fan, Everton so haven't voted. Great club and could do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Liverpool
    Would love it to be City but if not to be then would be delighted to see Liverpool get 4th spot.......

Advertisement