Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Repair

Options
  • 06-11-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey all,

My washing machine doesn't appear to be spinning fast enough and the clothes come out sopping wet.

Anybody know of a good repair service in the Dublin 2 area?

Cheers

Nige

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Have the stabilisers been removed? Is it still under warranty?

I had the same problem a couple of months ago and we called the Spin Doctor. Unfortunately they were quite slow and strung us along for a few weeks about ordering new parts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nige1978

Have the stabilisers been removed? Is it still under warranty?

I had the same problem a couple of months ago and we called the Spin Doctor. Unfortunately they were quite slow and strung us along for a few weeks about ordering new parts etc.

Definitely not under warranty. it's probably over 5 years old at this stage. The machine hasn't been touched in the 2 years I've been here and it was fine before so I presume it not related to the stabilisers.

Did you get your fixed in the end and was it the stabilisers? I was more thinking it was related to the motor/belt slipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I'm in Dublin 2 and used a company last year to repair my oven called Domestic Repairs. They do washing machines and other stuff too. The oven ended up working much better than it did even before breaking and haven't had an issue with it since which is fair going given it's over 12 years old.

I'm not at all affiliated with the company, was just very happy with the service. Contact details are here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

have you checked the filter?

the last time something like that happened to me, there was 2e stuck in the filter.

any, we use a boardsie called DMAN.

Domestic Appliance Repairs Leinster Appliances (Garrett) 0833747021

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

irishbird wrote: »
    the last time something like that happened to me, there was 2e stuck in the filter.

So that's where the drugs got to :pac:
    irishbird wrote: »
    any, we use a boardsie called DMAN.

Domestic Appliance Repairs Leinster Appliances (Garrett) 0833747021

Yep, great, professional service, definitely recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Any time we've had washing machine trouble it has nearly always been some coins, hair clips, or something like that stuck in the pump or filter. Check those before you spend money for someone else to do what you could easily do yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

i have used these in a few rented houses oer the years, easier than waiting on landlords:) If it's kaput altogether then they sell reconditioned second hand ones cheap

http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/sharfix-domestic-appl-23406

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Citygirl1

When my machine stopped working last year I found "The Washing Machine Doctor" to be helpful (listed in the Golden Pages).

He came out on a Sunday morning, straight after I rang - Normally I'd have to take a half day off work during the week. His policy is also that he will examine the machine, and if it can't be repaired, no charge. If it can be repaired, he will tell you the price and it's up to you. He charged €70 plus the part (which was a few euro).

Avoid "The Washing Machine Company" - they quoted €80 for simply calling out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Corkindub

If anyone is looking for repairs please AVOID AAAwashingmachinedoctor. Has failed to show for 2 appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭denisor

before calling anyone, always try unplugging the machine from the wall for 15 mins or so, to reset the circuit board, we had dishwasher trouble and dryer trouble vanish from doing this, and its something our plumber always suggests we try first. Sometimes the programmes get buggy and need a reboot. Strange but true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Citygirl1 wrote: »
    When my machine stopped working last year I found "The Washing Machine Doctor" to be helpful (listed in the Golden Pages).

He came out on a Sunday morning, straight after I rang - Normally I'd have to take a half day off work during the week. His policy is also that he will examine the machine, and if it can't be repaired, no charge. If it can be repaired, he will tell you the price and it's up to you. He charged €70 plus the part (which was a few euro).

Avoid "The Washing Machine Company" - they quoted €80 for simply calling out.

Washing Machine *Doctor* is a joker - didn't show up several times, strung us along. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Citygirl1

Corkindub wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for repairs please AVOID AAAwashingmachinedoctor. Has failed to show for 2 appointments.
    Washing Machine *Doctor* is a joker - didn't show up several times, strung us along. Avoid.

It sounds like I got him on a good day then!

On this basis, I'd have to withdraw my recommentation, and will know not to rely on him in future....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It is generally wise to avoid any service whose name starts with AAA.....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

We had a number (I'm sure I still have it somewhere) of a man from Glasnevin. He would only charge if he could fix the machine there was no call out charge or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amethyst81

Was looking myself on this for For anyone northside or city centre try Mastercare in Killester, 8333969 I used them last week were out the next day just 60 quid to fix the fan belt. They sell reconditioned machines too so said if they couldnt fix it would use the 60 towards a new/reconditioned machine. Happy days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

As has been said,if the machine is failing to empty or is flooding you should start by removing the filter..anytime its happened me i've discovered coins,bits of plastic or bottle tops caught in the mechanism,and its the work of two minutes to fix.

Advertisement