Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Thread 6/11/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

FFS. Poor **** :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Slack :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that's genuinely a little saddening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If he was rushed back I'll be deeply disappointed with Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Must be the end for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ah lord.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Absolutely gutted for him.

Bebe coming on instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I'm actually gutted for the lad. It seemed like he was holding his hamstring. But again. Terribly, terrible feeling for the chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

at least it looks to be a hammy and not a knee issue.

As the commentators say, he will pick up strains and the like as he feels his way back into playing football.

On the plus side, Bebe should provide a bit more attacking dynamism, which is sorely needed in the side United have put out today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He shouldn't have played.

Career over one would think, isn't he out of contract in the summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Fabio earning his crust on the touchline:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

\What happened? Stream packed in

Haha, Fabio interpreting for Bebe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

A shame considering the excitement/optimism his inclusion in the side had caused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hargo can't play the whole game ? 50/60 mins id be happy

5/6 mins :(

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

heartbreaking stuff.. thst him done adn dusted now ild say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

This is ridiculously depressing.

Anyways, activate the Bebe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Fabio translating for Bebe, hah

• Advertisement

Also can people please stop making stupid statements like career over. We have absolutely no idea what injury he suffered, and it looked like a hamstring, in which case its a totally different issue to what may actually end his career. We dont know anything yet.

PHB wrote: »
    If he was rushed back I'll be deeply disappointed with Fergie.

Rushed back??? tahte chap has been training for the last 4months. Have to get him into a game sooner or later!

nullzero wrote: »
    That's probably Hargreaves finished now, awful shame.

complete over reaction to a player getting hamstring strain of some kind. If he went down holding either knee i would agree, but it doesn't appear to be anything to do with his knees so it is just a 'normal' injury which players returning from injury layoffs will get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    \What happened? Stream packed in

Nothing he just walked over to the touchline holding his hamstring i think, then went off down the tunnel, Bebe on now, i fancy him to score today;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Drumpot wrote: »
    Getting through the game injury free will do for me ! ! I wont believe he it until I see him on the pitch ! !

too_good_to_be_true_403425.jpg

50 cents wasted !!

Thats awful for Heargreaves . . Looks like its a hamstring problem so might not be the end of him yet . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Why are people saying he's finished without knowing what happened? Looks to me like he felt his hamstring. Nothing to do with his knee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

at least it looks to be a hammy and not a knee issue.

As the commentators say, he will pick up strains and the like as he feels his way back into playing football.

On the plus side, Bebe should provide a bit more attacking dynamism, which is sorely needed in the side United have put out today.

Feck it, im gonna stay positive too - lets see whats said about the injury after the game.

complete over reaction to a player getting hamstring strain of some kind. If he went down holding either knee i would agree, but it doesn't appear to be anything to do with his knees so it is just a 'normal' injury which players returning from injury layoffs will get.

Yes but these type of injuries are subsequential form having serious injuries especially to the knee. his hole leg must be weaker than norma l and less muscle mass and the muscle that is there will not be stress tested neough so when eventually it is it invariable fails to hold .

Rushed back??? tahte chap has been training for the last 4months. Have to get him into a game sooner or later!

he was recently out injured with a calf muscle injury (why he wasn't in the squad, apparently, vs West Brom or the CC sides) so it could be that he was rushed back from that injury.

It is not like he has been training properly and consistently over the last 4 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Those saying career over are way over the top!

It wasn't anything to do with his knees which is the key thing here.

On the road back from the awful knee injury he has had he is bound to get muscle strains and other little niggling injuries for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Ever heard of match fitness?

A few reserves games would have helped beforehand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

It looked like just a bit of a muscle strain after trying to cross the ball.

complete over reaction lads.

Some pace on Bebe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yes but these type of injuries are subsequential form having serious injuries especially to the knee. his hole leg must be weaker than norma l and less muscle mass and the muscle that is there will not be stress tested neough so when eventually it is it invariable fails to hold .

Yeah and it's got nothing to do with him playing fúck all football for the last 2 years.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

One rarely seen player on for another.

Unlucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

PHB wrote: »
    Also can people please stop making stupid statements like career over. We have absolutely no idea what injury he suffered, and it looked like a hamstring, in which case its a totally different issue to what may actually end his career. We dont know anything yet.

He said himself that this would be his last attempt at a comeback. If we don't see him play 60 mins vefore Christmas, I'd say he's finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I don't think Hargreaves will ever be a 30 appearances q season man again but that doesn't mean his career is over. Probably a Ledley King situation is the best we can ever hope for.

Gutted for the guy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyway the match....Wolves nearly caught at the back but settled enough.

°°°°°

To be fair he shouldnt be on the pitch in a competitive game if it's just a muscle problem, nor would it force him off so early.
    He's obviously going to be cautious about his knee's but it would be mind boggling for a club like United to not have a player trained to the point of being able to over come 5 minutes of football without incurring a muscle injury.

I'd happily be proven wrong as he's a top player.

Glazers Out!

Wolves box is gonna be packed all afternoon

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    Yeah and it's got nothing to do with him playing fúck all football for the last 2 years.:confused:

Its a catch 22... everytime he does 'play' some match time he'll pick up and injury and if he doesnt pl will moan saying he needs 'match fitness'. Ild still be 90% sure he's finished.

°°°°°

davyjose wrote: »
    He said himself that this would be his last attempt at a comeback. If we don't see him play 60 mins vefore Christmas, I'd say he's finished.

It's not as if he tore ligaments and had them replaced (which is a huge procedure in itself), the guy has acute tendonitis, which I believe affects the movement of his patella (knee cap), I can only imagine how painful that is. Unless he starts to play with the assitance of painkillers he'd have to be super human to keep going.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Terribly disappointed for Hargreaves. Even if it is just a hamstring injury it's sad to see him work hard to get back and then have to leave the pitch within 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Its a catch 22... everytime he does 'play' some match time he'll pick up and injury and if he doesnt pl will moan saying he needs 'match fitness'. Ild still be 90% sure he's finished.

I would be 90% sure that you are not really 90% sure . .

Anyway... Loks like Evra is gone back to LB and Oshea has stepped into the middle, could be a weak point if they run direct at us.

Hamstring injury confirmed.

°°°°°

United saying it is his hamstring.
    Good news I suppose in light of his injury history.
    Seems strange that they'd gamble on him like that.

Glazers Out!

Drumpot wrote: »
    I would be 90% sure that you are not really 90% sure . .

I am. Im 100% sure as with most long-term injuries that his level will never return and the longer he keeps having false starts wil decrease his base strenght as a whole and there fore wekane him as top top player. Cant see Fergie been silly and keep trying his luck with him, we'e a league and Champions Leageue to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Anyone have a working english sopcast stream?

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

The annoying thing about the Hargreaves incident is that it unsettled the side and has given Wolves a hold on the game.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement