Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Thread 6/11/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Just to clarify when I said career over I meant more that with him being out of contract in the summer I can't see Utd renewing or other clubs being in a rush to sign him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Anyway... Loks like Evra is gone back to LB and Oshea has stepped into the middle, could be a weak point if they run direct at us.

That was the way United were lined up anyway :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Greedy Gabi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Anyone have a working english sopcast stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Sloppy from Brown, great run from Doyle in fairness.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I am. Im 100% sure as with most long-term injuries that his level will never return and the longer he keeps having false starts wil decrease his base strenght as a whole and there fore wekane him as top top player. Cant see Fergie been silly and keep trying his luck with him, we'e a league and Champions Leageue to win.

Fergie has stuck with him over 2 years at this stage. If he was ready to start a game they obviously felt there is a good chance of him playing again. His legs will be far off match fit and would be weak. There will be setbacks, but I think there is a good chance we will see them make a couple of attempts to get him back into action. Im just surprised they didnt use a League cup game to ease him back in . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Anyone have a working english sopcast stream?

Channel - 82153

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

that was brutal defending by rio

°°°°°

United absolutely dreadful at the back, should be 1-0 to Wolves.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

nicklauski wrote: »
    That was the way United were lined up anyway :confused::confused::confused::confused:

well I know was only first 5mins but I thougth Evra was on the wing and Oshea at LB.

My god I never thoguth Ild say this but Wolves are looking like they are going to destroy us! Poor Scholes is gonna need to get a run out in this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Wow.

I got Football Manager 2011 yesterday. Started playing this morning at around 10am, went to go to the toilet and realised I had been playing for over 5 hours and missed the first 20 mins of the United match.

re: Hargreaves, at first I was like :D but then :(

the 451 does not suit united at all! This is a very strange game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Obertan, Bebe, Park and Hernandez all starting.

O'Shea in Midfield.

No wonder its all Wolves. Now I realise Fergie is resting players for Wednesday night but is anyone else anxious watching this. Its not the real united. Too many unproven players in the squad this afternoon. Hernandez is dropping too deep and some of the passing is shocking.

My Fingers will break if I cross them any harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Shocking at the back and totally inexperienced up top! We are definatley there for the taking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

lack of imagination about United atm, Fletcher and Vidic the only players doing as well as they should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You'd swear United didn't have injuries the way some people are going on.:rolleyes:

°°°°°

The good attacking football of the first 5 minutes is gone. Hargreaves was a bad idea against a Woilves side with a point to prove after the league cup defeat. Now we've only got 2 subs and I don't fancy Bebe to last the length of the game either.

Glazers Out!

Obertan, Bebe, Park and Hernandez all starting.

O'Shea in Midfield.

No wonder its all Wolves. Now I realise Fergie is resting players for Wednesday night but is anyone else anxious watching this. Its not the real united. Too many unproven players in the squad this afternoon. Hernandez is dropping too deep and some of the passing is shocking.

My Fingers will break if I cross them any harder.

The thing is we're nto resting anybody bar Scholes. Everybody else is out injuried or got that stupid virus!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

well I know was only first 5mins but I thougth Evra was on the wing and Oshea at LB.

My god I never thoguth Ild say this but Wolves are looking like they are going to destroy us! Poor Scholes is gonna need to get a run out in this

No Evra was always at LB. O Shea started midfield. Unfortunately :)

United have been shocking so far.

i wonder is fergie returning the favour to mick for last year :) this performance is worse then the team that played in the cup and that was meant to be a server side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Bebe seems all over the shop. His passing has been brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

HARGREAVES IS F8CKED!!!! THATS HIM DONE AND DUSTED!!!! THERES NO WAY BACK FOR HIM AFTER THIS!!!! THE WORLD IS OVER!!!!! *

*actually its only a hamstring injury - hell be back in 3-4 weeks

The thing is we're nto resting anybody bar Scholes. Everybody else is out injured or got that stupid virus!!

Berbatov sick too? Hope not and that he plays against City. Likewise with Nani.

Obertan, Park, Fletcher and Bebe all had some game time Tuesday so the dreaded European hangover is also a factor. We have gotten a foot hold in the match over the last 3 minutes but Wolves still looking like the home side.

Have we even had a shot on target yet? I worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Devil08 wrote: »
    HARGREAVES IS F8CKED!!!! THATS HIM DONE AND DUSTED!!!! THERES NO WAY BACK FOR HIM AFTER THIS!!!! THE WORLD IS OVER!!!!! *

*actually its only a hamstring injury - hell be back in 3-4 weeks
    And then injure something else. He's a sicknote.

chico has to spend far to much time in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Looked pretty owowowow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Bebe's crossing has been beyond shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Scholea or Macheda should have come on for Owen. I know we are resting Scholes, I doubt Macheda is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Spud83 wrote: »
    Scholea or Macheda should have come on for Owen. I know we are resting Scholes, I doubt Macheda is.

If scholes gets booked he misses city match on Wednesday .

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Getting cut open time and again by Wolves is a worry.
    We've been all over the shop since Hargo went off.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

bebe having a mare

It' has to be a three man midfield with O'Shea there, otherwise we'd have real trouble.

Your on first name terms now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I reckon our best chance of scoring will be from a set piece . . Not an awful lot of creativity on this team . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Jarvis is a good player . Wouldn't mind taking a punt at him for a few million

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    It' has to be a three man midfield with O'Shea there, otherwise we'd have real trouble.

It hasn't been a three man midfield all game.

Bebe could'nt cross his legs today. I'll be surprised if Fergie sends the same eleven out for the second forty five minutes. If he does we will drop points.

Hernandez is still dropping deep and when he does get forward he does'nt have the height to get on those crosses, Macheda may be a better option today considering the way were set up.

We were lucky not to go behind twice in the couple of minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There you go, crap but still score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

what an iniesta style pass from Fletch - great finish y Park!

Utd 1-0 :)

GOOOAAAALLL!!!! PARK does it again!

• Advertisement

perfect timing, superb from Fletcher. get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Brilliant. So easy in the end.

go on park! What a sense of relieve

°°°°°

Great goal Park.
    Wolves fell asleep for that one.

Glazers Out!

Great pass Fletcher, great ****ing pass.

Park, fantastic finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Lovely ball from fletch, nice composed park finish (think was deflected though)

Not a good first half from us though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bebe could'nt cross his legs today. I'll be surprised if Fergie sends the same eleven out for the second forty five minutes. If he does we will drop points.

Hernandez is still dropping deep and when he does get forward he does'nt have the height to get on those crosses, Macheda may be a better option today considering the way were set up.

We were lucky not to go behind twice in the couple of minutes.
    Dont believe that for a second.Kiko has never been able to do a thing on his own up top

edit:go Park!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Beautiful play!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Great pass Fletcher

It hasn't been a three man midfield all game.

I don't know about you, but I've only see one front player in this game and its been Chicho. Obertan is playing at the front of a 3 man midfield, and putting him on the wings would make it a proper 2 man midfield with little cover.

• Advertisement
Advertisement