Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Thread 6/11/10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Bitter men wrote: »
    :o Obsessed much

Loads. Haven't slept since that day.

Did you see the game? 2-1 was the final score. Manchester United won. Did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Unlucky Wolves, ye deserved a draw there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

crystal-ball.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

niallo27 wrote: »
    Papering over the cracks

I dont think theres a single Utd fan here who is not aware of the cracks in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Papering over the cracks

Undoubtedly.
    United are missing a raft of top players and still got the three points after a poor performance.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Very unlucky Wolves robbed at the end. United look terrible this season the lack of investment in talent is really shining through this season. Bebe was god awful when on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

MotM voting.

Please don't be a dick with your vote if you are voting - ie. hargreaves votes will be very freaking annoying.... please please please be sensible with your votes.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Papering over the cracks

Oh hai! Havnt seen you in this thread before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Papering over the cracks

LOUL.

Both first choice wingers and both first choice strikers out as well as Giggs, Carrick, Anderson out.

It must be sickening how many time United sicken you over the years when you hate them so much. I feel sorry for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Loads. Haven't slept since that day.

Did you see the game? 2-1 was the final score. Manchester United won. Did you?
    Okaaaay then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Paul Scholes is the difference again really.

Park obviously did more than his bit, but Scholes changed the direction of the game IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Poor performance but a good 3 points when you take into account the injuries.Doubt there's any team who can play well with their best attacking players out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Papering over the cracks

which I'm sure you'll now elaborate on? The fact that our second (some third) choice attack could still score 2 and pull it out is why the team is so successful. I'll see you in the match thread for the Liverpool match tomorrow yeah? Sure there wouldn't have been any negative comments from you if I'd have made that comment in the Liverpool match thread last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Mister men wrote: »
    Very unlucky Wolves robbed at the end. United look terrible this season the lack of investment in talent is really shining through this season. Bebe was god awful when on the pitch.

Robbed ? ?

Its funny . . A bad piece of play from the spurs goalkeeper and United rob spurs, despite being a goal up before the 2nd went in. .

If United win legitamatley but its late in the game, they "rob" teams. .

Watching the game on a German channel and Aldridge couldnt help himself saying that United scored in Fergie time . . Liverpool people just cant help themselves . . If they were anymore bitter, if you squeezed them lemonjuice would come out . .

MotM voting.

Please don't be a dick with your vote if you are voting - ie. hargreaves votes will be very freaking annoying.... please please please be sensible with your votes.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

Park, Fletch, Vidic.

Slim pickings this week I'm afraid, some very poor performances out there today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Great win for utd, feel sorry for wolves, they should stay up. Love Mick as a manager

Agree that Wolves were sniped and Bebe had a stinker. Not the rest though - all we really need is a decent attacking midfielder + a keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

MotM voting.

Voted

1.Park
    2.Vidic
    3.Fletch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Drumpot wrote: »
    Robbed ? ?

Its funny . . A bad piece of play from the spurs goalkeeper and United rob spurs, despite being a goal up before the 2nd went in. .

If United win legitamatley but its late in the game, they "rob" teams. .

Watching the game on a German channel and Aldridge couldnt help himself saying that United scored in Fergie time . . Liverpool people just cant help themselves . . If they were anymore bitter, if you squeezed them lemonjuice would come out . .

Aldrige can go F7ck himself - Just cant face up to the reality of his beloved scouse going down the swannie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

flahavaj wrote: »
    Park, Fletch, Vidic.

Slim pickings this week I'm afraid, some very poor performances out there today.

Picked the exact same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

SlickRic wrote: »

Park obviously did more than his bit, but Scholes changed the direction of the game IMO.

to be fair, United spent about 80% of the second half around the Wolves box. There was just no cohesion between the youngsters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Completely agree, United started to pin them in their own box the minute he came on.

The chance was always going to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Quandary wrote: »
    Utd were terrible for 80 minutes of this match. We cant keep relying on Scholes to unlock teams for us.

Hard luck wolves - they deserved a point really.

We didnt... all to Park and Fletch.

We were missing Rooney, Berbatov, Owen, Giggs, Nani, Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Gibson and Hargreaves all missing. We still won, got away with it maybe but got the points now moving on swiftly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LOUL.

Both first choice wingers and both first choice strikers out as well as Giggs, Carrick, Anderson out.

It must be sickening how many time United sicken you over the years when you hate them so much. I feel sorry for you.

:)

You have to wonder at some posters really. This is not the thread to be in, you make yourself too easy a target with too high a probability of a disappointing result (from a Mister man et al perspective). Gotta be more tactical with this ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

It must be absolutely ****ing horrible to be an ABU

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Mark of champions, my friends
    We'll keep on fighting, to the end.

BA NA NA!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Drumpot wrote: »

It's not all Liverpool people in fairness.

Mostly niallo and mister men

18 games unbeaten in all competitions, without Rooney.

I'm off to shoot myself, this season is a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

F*cking get in there Park! :)

Park, Fletch, Pat get my votes for MotM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

United are 2nd, havent lost a game and have looked dodgy at times. .

Rooney and Valencia were our best attacking players last season and both have been pretty much missing most of the season.

The likes of Carrick, ferdinand, and Owen have been struggling with injuries (not to name Nani etc who have missed the odd games because of knocks). .

I am dissapointed with the way United have played overall this season, but Im really encouraged with the fact that they keep drilling out wins. . In other seasons united have started awfully and dropped too many points to make up by the time they have gotten going. as fergie says, once you are still in with a shout by christmas, you have a good chance . .

Momentum after christmas is what sets Champs aside from Chumps . .Come on united . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Just saw the score. You jammy bastards. :D

We didnt... all to Park and Fletch.

We were missing Rooney, Berbatov, Owen, Giggs, Nani, Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Gibson and Hargreaves all missing. We still won, got away with it maybe but got the points now moving on swiftly.

Fair point but seriously, even with the majority of our 1st team on the pitch I feel we need Scholes way too much sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

delighted with the win today, not sure we deserved it but fantastic to get the three points.

Considering we were without Carrick, Anderson, Gibson, Giggs, Valencia, Nani, Rooney and Berbatov - to get three points against a side that has been playing very well of late is great.

Still, very disappointed with some of the performances. Hernandez could have had a couple of goals if Bebe and Obertan had picked him out rather then shooting - very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

I love it when the scousers and bitters use the 'lucky' comments. LOVE it.

We've been lucky an unbelievable amount of time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Fair point but seriously, even with the majority of our 1st team on the pitch I feel we need Scholes way too much sometimes.

To be fair, any team would be at a loss without a player of his passing range. Impossible to replace. Just look at Liverpool since say Xabi Alonso left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I have sympathy being an Arsenal fan with how quickly people jump on a team like United in saying they should be beating Wolves out the gap despite missing a near 5+ first choice players. You simply can't expect squad depth to make up for missing your real quality players like Berbatov/Rooney/Nani - same goes for us when we are sans Fabregas/Walcott and 10 games a season man Van Persie. Missing that quality of player will always hurt your team no end.

the only thing worse than people being bitter, might be people being smug in retort.

;)

a battling win today, with all the injuries, when the performance overall didn't really deserve it; a trademark for Utd.

To all those weepy ABU's

your tears taste so good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

To all those weepy ABU's

your tears taste so good :)

Remind me to never piss Cartman off again:pac:

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    I have sympathy being an Arsenal fan with how quickly people jump on a team like United in saying they should be beating Wolves out the gap despite missing a near 5+ first choice players. You simply can't expect squad depth to make up for missing your real quality players like Berbatov/Rooney/Nani - same goes for us when we are sans Fabregas/Walcott and 10 games a season man Van Persie. Missing that quality of player will always hurt your team no end.

In fairness to the critics, they usually support poor quality teams and have never been in the position of missing lots of good players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

football365 - "fergie time winner"

the only thing worse than people being bitter, might be people being smug in retort.

:pac:

;)

Fair game tbh - you dish it out, expect it in spades in return.:)

Except the few posters dishing it out seem to have scuttled off

100%.

just sayin'...it is one of the only things less endearing than bitterness.

• Advertisement

100%.

just sayin'...it is one of the only things less endearing than bitterness.

I'd have happily admitted United were God-awful today and that Wolves have eery right to feel aggrieved and left it at that. But you can't let the ususal suspects away with the type of drivel they were coming out with either. There's a big difference between responding in kind to moronic ABUs' inherent bitterness and being overly triumphal just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

This was the mark of champions

I'd have happily admitted United were God-awful today and that Wolves have eery right to feel aggrieved and left it at that. But you can't let the ususal suspects away with the type of drivel they were coming out with either. There's a big difference between responding in kind to moronic ABUs' inherent bitterness and being overly triumphal just for the sake of it.

i don't know why you're going out of your way to justify it, there's no need.

it was just an observation.

anyway, well won today.

and i hope Wolves stay up; i'd miss Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

#15 wrote: »
    Except the few posters dishing it out seem to have scuttled off

Thats why you dont gloat till after the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

and i hope Wolves stay up; i'd miss Mick.

I wouldnt - as someone once said about him -

''You were a crap player and you are a crap manager. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are the manager of my country and you’re not even Irish you English c*nt. You can stick it up your b*ll*cks''

• Advertisement
Advertisement