Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bolton V Spurs Sky sports 12:45 KO

• 06-11-2010 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

STARTING XI -
    Gomes;
    Hutton, Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto;
    Kranjcar, Palacios, Sandro, Bale;
    Modric;
    Crouch.
    SUBS - Cudicini, Corluka, Bassong, Bentley, Huddlestone, Jenas, Pavlyuchenko.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

All eyes on Bale, no doubt Sky will be spunking over him for the whole build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Without VDV, I don't like the look of a lone striker. Loving the look of Sandro, think we could have a serious talent in him. Keane's not even on the bench eh? Not that I'm disappointed, just surprised.

Not an easy place to go but you'd like to think we should be getting 3 points out of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'm guessin he was sacrificed for Hudd and Jenas and Bently so we can change our shape in midfield if we have too a tough midfield it'll be interesting as we have yet to see Sandro in a passing role I think Hudd will be sorely missed today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I know it's only been 6 minutes but Bale is already looking the business. Bolton horrified when he starts moving and Bale running like he is on fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I can see Bolton gradually getting on top and winning this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Tottenahm now starting to get into their stride, passing it around with ease. Bolton reverting to their old hit and hope style.

THFC wrote: »
    Tottenahm now starting to get into their stride, passing it around with ease. Bolton reverting to their old hit and hope style.
    but sure everyone knows they are gonna do it

Bolton looking the more dangerous team now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I love how Sky spunk themselves every time Bale gets the ball in a crossing position. This is really really going to be insufferable. He's been average in this game so far, not unlike many of his league performances. If he gets an assist or a goal, they are going to go nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How come so many empty seats? Bolton cut down on Spurs allocation?

Anyway nice finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great finish, offside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Offside,
    How much time did he have though, thought Gomes might have done better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Not impressed with Sandro whats so ever. Everytime he gets the ball he is a liability. He have been dispossessed time after time and was his fault for the goal...

thewools wrote: »
    Not impressed with Sandro whats so ever. Everytime he gets the ball he is a liability. He have been dispossessed time after time and was his fault for the goal...

Yeah he hasn't looked good at all, might be hauled off if Harry changes it at halftime,
    I know he wants Crouch on for his height, but I think it is better suited for Pav to be on.

Should have been a corner there too, Bale seems to play it on the deck more than in the air, again I think Pav would be much more suited to that than Crouch.
    Is there anyone else for Hutton? He seems to kill anything that he is involved in.

Yeah he hasn't looked good at all, might be hauled off if Harry changes it at halftime,
    I know he wants Crouch on for his height, but I think it is better suited for Pav to be on.

Ye I agree - needs to go 4-4-2 against an organised Bolton team. Drop Modric into the centre and bring on Pav for Sandro...

Is there anyone else for Hutton? He seems to kill anything that he is involved in.

I like Hutton - good going forward. Done well to knock away a clear chance. Corluka can play right back...

I like Hutton - good going forward. Done well to knock away a clear chance. Corluka can play right back...
    I don't think he is a bad player, it is just I watched him play much better attacking football for Sunderland last year - maybe why Harry kept him, but this is the 3rd time I've watched him for Spurs and he looks a different player.

Ye I agree - needs to go 4-4-2 against an organised Bolton team. Drop Modric into the centre and bring on Pav for Sandro...
    Andy Gray seems to agree with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

5 man midfield seems pointless when we're just hoofing balls up for Bale and Crouch the whole time. Sandro has disappointed but he looked quality against Everton so hopefully he's just finding his feet in the Prem. Game's not lost yet but I can see it being hard if we don't change it up. Crouch is gonna find himself between 4 men all game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Spurs ain't handling these European hangovers too well these days are they?

5 in midfield is pointless for them when VDV isn't playing, they only adopted the system ao they could accomodate him, Modric and Bale in the one team.

Spurs badly need some quality up front as well to match their undoubted quality in midfield.

Pav on for Palacios,
    Much better system now.
    They need to go for it from the off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Pav on as called for, thought Sandro would make way instead of Palacios but both were shocking in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

flahavaj wrote: »

5 in midfield is pointless for them when VDV isn't playing, they only adopted the system ao they could accomodate him, Modric and Bale in the one team.

Spurs badly need some quality up front as well to match their undoubted quality in midfield.

7 points from 3 games, United would take that.

10/15 points so far is pretty good! Not looking good now, but plenty of time to turn this around.

Thought they pointed out earlier they have had 2 wins and a draw after their previous games.
    They have tended to play better in the 2nd half of games too. Interesting to see the difference a 442 makes, Bolton have started better.

Muamba is terrible. Can't pass 10yards. Just kicks anything that moves.

Robinson doesn't have a case to complain about that yellow card

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    7 points from 3 games, United would take that.

Go away with your logic, its interfering with my spitefulness.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BOOM!

2 0, Good finish, Bolton have started much much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I always think that after CL games, away games rely more on a solid defense than a solid attack. Attacking players seem to be much more affected by mid-week games than defences. Spurs normally just out score everyone.

Game over?

2 0, Good finish, Bolton have started much much better.
    Agreed, much much better. Spurs look weaker in the second half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Why hasn't Messi Bale scored a few hat tricks yet?

• Advertisement

Huddlestone on please

Poor attempt from Sandro.

Huddlestone on please

On for Sandro

On for Sandro

Good to see Harry listens to me

Horrendous from Sandro there, anybody else hear the commentators chuckle when they saw Huddlestone getting ready to come on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

****en hell can sky hype up bale anymore, who the **** needs messi

Thought that was a free myself, they didn't seem to get the ball, no replay yet.

The British media are gonna ruin poor Bale. No matter how well he plays he couldn't possibly live up to the ridiculous hype they've stirred up around the kid.

The British media are gonna ruin poor Bale. No matter how well he plays he couldn't possibly live up to the ridiculous hype they've stirred up around the kid.

But he's the best player in the world bar Messi, surely he hasn't been hyped to be more than that?

Archimedes wrote: »

His price has dropped to £45m as we speak

They love to ruin their best prospects.

Que a NOTW exposé about Bale in the next few weeks...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Whats new there.. They bring a player sky high when playing well, people making rediculous statements, highest praises and then when he plays bad the media pull him back down crashing badly.

All for good reading of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Archimedes wrote: »

:rolleyes: Maybe if you spent less time reading and watching the tabloids you would have a better understanding of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Huddlestone is a legend and we play so much better when he's on the field. Would ya not prefer at 2-0 down to let him rest though?

I have no idea why Huddlestone didn't start he really makes us tick

• Advertisement
Advertisement