Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calvados

Options
  • 06-11-2010 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever tried Calvados ? I had never heard of this drink until this weekend when someone mentioned it to me . So im eager to try it . Is it widely available?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭donaghs

Apple Brandy? OK, if you like that sort of thing. Celtic Wiskey Store on Dawson St.and Redmonds in Ranelagh have a few types, but very overpriced in my opinion. Best to get it in France, or get someone to bring it back for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The cheap stuff can be very nasty and the good stuff very expensive.
    There is a happy medium ground that has a pleasant 'roughness' and a lovely appley aroma and flavour. Don't expect the smoothness of Cognac or Armagnac.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried Calvados ? I had never heard of this drink until this weekend when someone mentioned it to me . So im eager to try it . Is it widely available?

If you hear of anyone going to Normandy ask them to get you some , 10 euro bottle of it is delicious there .

Advertisement