Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Language books

• 06-11-2010 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

hi guys, i've tried searching this up in past threads but couldn't find the adivce so just posting here

was wondering if anyone knew of good grammer books for french and irish..,mostly irish i'm looking for

I've come across this one called "grammar an draoi"..something like that and was wondering if anyone had it?.

also a good oral book for irish?

thanks anyone that can help, really need to work on the irish:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

I've recently taken up French. I've finished college now, and only did French to junior cert, did German for leaving. But I found Collins Easy Learning French Grammar excellent. It's all the basics in a book that's a bit more than pocket size. I've also looked at the German equivalent and would say that it would have been more than adequate for leaving cert. so on that basis I'm suggesting you have a look at the French one and judge for yourself, but please bear in mind I have no experience of the French leaving cert course, I'm just saying I find it quite useful for learning the language in general. Good luck with your studies!:)

Sorry don't know about Irish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'Réchúrsa Gramadaí' that we used to use in the old days (LC 1980) was a great book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

Grammaire Applique is good for general grammar and shortcuts to success french verbs is good for verbs:)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

I recently bought an book for irish verbs its called Briahtra, its by folens and has a pink cover. Its so good.
    Its for primary school but its really good has alot of verbs in the different tenses. And then lists of similar ones. Very easy to use and clear presentation. (don't let the fact its for primary lead you away. it really is brilliant)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭musicloverx

But I found Collins Easy Learning French Grammar excellent. It's all the basics in a book that's a bit more than pocket size. I've also looked at the German equivalent and would say that it would have been more than adequate for leaving cert. so on that basis I'm suggesting you have a look at the French one and judge for yourself, but please bear in mind I have no experience of the French leaving cert course, I'm just saying I find it quite useful for learning the language in general. Good luck with your studies!:)

Sorry don't know about Irish.

thanks very much, any advice is great help..il check it out:)

thanks everyone else, really helped me out..definitly gonna have a look through them
    oh and "Patriciamc93" i think i know the one your on about, came across it on a books site online, briathra na gaeilge...im going to get it, i know what you mean about the primary but like you said sometimes there the best for the basics

thanks for the help....I know i must sound so bad at my languages, but its just the grammer really:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement