Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salthill Broadband ????? Options!?!

• 06-11-2010 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, new to this but advice appreciated (Thanks to those who answered me last night!)

In Salthill and already have a landline. Looking for Broadband and options (I think) are:

-UPC
    -Mobile BB with Vodaphone(tried it, dont like it), O2 (Same), Meteor (dont knoe yet), eMobile (dont know yet)
    -eircom NGB
    - other?

Cost aside, what's best to go for? Not mad for downloading or anything, just gaming (other half), surfing and a bit of youtube/facebook,,,

Help!

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Hi, new to this but advice appreciated (Thanks to those who answered me last night!)

In Salthill and already have a landline. Looking for Broadband and options (I think) are:

-UPC
    -Mobile BB with Vodaphone(tried it, dont like it), O2 (Same), Meteor (dont knoe yet), eMobile (dont know yet)
    -eircom NGB
    - other?

Cost aside, what's best to go for? Not mad for downloading or anything, just gaming (other half), surfing and a bit of youtube/facebook,,,

Help!

J

You've kinda answered your own question there.

Has to be UPC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 janetfinance

Hi .... you could be right but reading plenty on here about slow speeds etc. plus I already have my TV with SKY so dont want to have to pay an extra 8eur for the sake of it?

Anyway, toss between eircom and UPC. Boyfriend leaning toward eircom cause we already have landline and I think our exchange was upgraded cause I checked the map they have online. Friend says UPC because they are a bit faster (?) ... decisions decisions. Will decide tomorrow ... thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Hi .... you could be right but reading plenty on here about slow speeds etc. plus I already have my TV with SKY so dont want to have to pay an extra 8eur for the sake of it?

Would you rather pay €50 to UPC and get 30Mbps, or €65 to eircom, and get 8Mbps (or quite probably less)? The €8 no-TV charge has nothing to do with it, look at the totals.

Don't pick eircom simply because you have a landline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Get Upc, then You can forget about Your landline and line rental when take Your phone number off Eircom and port it to Blueface.

Advertisement