Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Unhelpful Push

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭token56

It's a bit selfish I suppose alright. I'm surprised the stewards didn't try get him out of the way of the finishing runners.

I'll always remember an incident when I was finishing in my county secondary schools cross country, I think I was in fourth place when coming around the corner into the home straight (about 150m long I'd say) I was passed out by someone from a rival school and as he passed he held his arm in the air and stuck up his middle finger. I had a good sprint finish and a bit in the tank left and thought to myself "dont worry I'll get you" With about 100 to go I pushed on and was going to overtake him easily when he moved across and elbowed my in the stomach. I struggled across the line behind him then and couldn't believe no one pulled him up on it. After finishing all he said was "sorry about that, you have to do what you have to do". I was fit to punch him but thought better of it with my teachers standing close and me still winded.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Getonwithit

Hi Token,

was it 2005 and the event was being held in your school? If its any consolation that guy had his medal taken off him by his teacher. His actions speak volumes for him!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I don't care what the lad went through it doesn't give him anyright to push other runners or take over the middle of the finish line, what a dick head.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

Cabaal wrote: »
    what a dick head.

I totally agree

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There was a post by the bloke that did the pushing in the thread linked from that story. He claimed that the guy he shoved was wandering all across the road whilst holding a video camera and acting up to the crowd.

Seems the pair of them were being dicks and not showing much respect to those other runners around them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement