Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Is eve Even worth bothering with anymore ??

Options
  • 06-11-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Reacted my acct a few months ago played a few weeks and now i cant even force myself to click on the icon .. of Course New Vegas could have something to do with it but even when im not on ... id rather play something else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

not really

Had more fun running around dieing like an idiot in a panzer mrk 3 today than iv had in eve for months

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Yah WoT = instant pvp gratification instead of ship spinning/roaming 3 hrs and not finding a target

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

My account lapsed today for the first time in 4 years, eve is just awful these days and I don't think I'll be coming back unless they put some futanari in walking in stations or something.

Instead I've been hiding in bushes with JagdPz IV tank destroyer waiting to molest bizmark as he passes by in his Panzer III

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Awwww, has it just lost its charm or did they do something to radically alter the gameplay.

Also, what is this new game with tanks and the killings and suck that Dark and co do play?

Just cancelled an account first time since 2005 ...and i dont even care i guess thats an indication of how its lost its charm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

After 3 years of game play I'm struggling to keep my interest too and I still have only just scratched the surface of what you can do in EVE. I'm still clueless when it comes to research and manufacturing, vaguely aware of how to mine... :o
    Somehow I doubt my latest attempts to learn that stuff will peak my interest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Kinda in the same boat. I ended an account that was active since 2003, half because I didn't have the time and half because I was getting bored. It's been three months now and the rose-tinted glasses are on and I'm eyeing up the re-sub option but with the thought of "what's left there for me?" Other than Incursion and a few people I know I'm not sure what's left for me in eve or if I'll put the time in to it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

And just after I posted the above I check my email account and find

Five Free Days And A Limited Time Offer

Time to try it out again for five days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Gneez wrote: »
    My account lapsed today for the first time in 4 years, eve is just awful these days and I don't think I'll be coming back unless they put some futanari in walking in stations or something.

Instead I've been hiding in bushes with JagdPz IV tank destroyer waiting to molest bizmark as he passes by in his Panzer III

Just googled that. WTF!

Just googled that. WTF!

you know you want it

a2a3774cca1e1120e1cf0b6da2275a6b.jpg

• Advertisement

ah eve...attracts all the freaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

I have to admit to have huge fun in WoT, I love my panzer III, but grinding my way through until I get a Tiger II then i'll be happy.

Planetary Interaction is boring, clicking over 80 modules to make some Robotics to run my POS is not my idea of fun. Alliance demands ensures your nearly always in fleets (don't mind this) but I don't have 3-4 hours an evening to dedicate to it. In fact almost everything in EVE takes a couple of hours to do, even running ****ty level 4 missions.

T2 manufacturing is okay, because it makes reasonable ISK, but is not as easy as previously since they changed all the moon goo requirements because some Doctorate of Economics said so, making building T2 ships a PITA.

WoT, 15 minute slots of out and out pew pew is perfect, door rings? no problem, phone call? no problem, but above all tis fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

All your stuff..I can have ?

Just cancelled another account so im down to one ....really feels like an end of an era

helios12 wrote: »
    All your stuff..I can have ?

I've got 2 carriers, about 60 fitted ships, 6 billion in cash about another 6 billion in assets, a freighter, an officer fitted nightmare, an officer fitted machariel, a 65 mil sp char, a 36 mil sp char and I ain't giving away nothing you know why?

BECAUSE I'M FROM LIMERICK.

AND LIMERICK PEOPLE HATE YOU.

DEAL WITH IT NOOB.

Ya well i have one 84 m sp avatar 1 75m and 1 60m so in your face gneez i wasted more of my life and money than you did

Gneez wrote: »
    I've got 2 carriers, about 60 fitted ships, 6 billion in cash about another 6 billion in assets, a freighter, an officer fitted nightmare, an officer fitted machariel, a 65 mil sp char, a 36 mil sp char and I ain't giving away nothing you know why?

BECAUSE I'M FROM LIMERICK.

AND LIMERICK PEOPLE HATE YOU.

DEAL WITH IT NOOB.

tumblr_l489r1UU0I1qc0m6fo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Played for 2.5 years roughly and I've used multiple 5 day reactivations since. Things have been tweaked, GFX updated along with new features but it's still the same and it's a pretty empty experience particularly if you don't really want to get involved in the constant source of **** that is 00 space.

I do like it's uncompromising nature and the PVP is intense but that's not enough to want to pay for it anymore.

i wish they would create some form or arena in a region of space where you could go to fight.

something where a deadspace complex would be created on the fly for two people who wanted a fair fight.

it would be awesome if you could apply to a fight and once a suitable person is found the two of you are warped to the deadspace automatically.

i wish they would create some form or arena in a region of space where you could go to fight.

something where a deadspace complex would be created on the fly for two people who wanted a fair fight.

it would be awesome if you could apply to a fight and once a suitable person is found the two of you are warped to the deadspace automatically.

There is no such thing as a fair fight in Eve. People who want fair fights are the ones that lose all the time.

Anyway that arena you were talking about exists. It's called low sec.

• Advertisement

There is no such thing as a fair fight in Eve. People who want fair fights are the ones that lose all the time.

Anyway that arena you were talking about exists. It's called low sec.

Oh maybe fair fight was a bad term to use. I should say a guaranteed fight thats not 20v1 and lowsec is a balls with sentry guns when your wandering around solo.

maybe im just being too particular.
    I might sub one last time and just fit 15 battle cruisers and constantly fly into lowsec and blow all my assets up.

Oh maybe fair fight was a bad term to use. I should say a guaranteed fight thats not 20v1 and lowsec is a balls with sentry guns when your wandering around solo.

maybe im just being too particular.
    I might sub one last time and just fit 15 battle cruisers and constantly fly into lowsec and blow all my assets up.

I know what you meant though but I don't think it's really something that can apply to Eve. If you want 'fair' 1v1 then you just need to go bother a corpmate. Have you not got the same 5 day free reactivation that just went out? (not sure if person specific). Personally I can't see myself continuing after this runs out. Eve doesn't excite me any more.

You can get fair fights, 1v1 on the test server. Not on the live server tho.

azezil wrote: »
    You can get fair fights, 1v1 on the test server. Not on the live server tho.

Actually the stories of people getting ganked on the test server are the highest they've ever been, and get this, there is now a killboard for the test server.

Yes thats right, people go onto the test server, gank people and post those kill on a special test server killboard.

I know what you meant though but I don't think it's really something that can apply to Eve. If you want 'fair' 1v1 then you just need to go bother a corpmate. Have you not got the same 5 day free reactivation that just went out? (not sure if person specific). Personally I can't see myself continuing after this runs out. Eve doesn't excite me any more.[/QUOTE

yes i did. excellent.

gona use that tomorrow and blow all my isk.

I might start things off with some jita gank just to get myself to that special -9 very fast

Setup a corp with the sole intent of it being a place for people to arrange duels with one another?

helios12 wrote: »
    Setup a corp with the sole intent of it being a place for people to arrange duels with one another?

Now there's an idea worth stealing *yoink*

Yo guys I set up this cool new corp! ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

azezil wrote: »
    Now there's an idea worth stealing *yoink*

Yo guys I set up this cool new corp! ;D

OMG you wasted skill points on Corporation Management....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

OMG you wasted skill points on Corporation Management....:D

And POS security apparently :eek:

• Advertisement

the skill points i wasted on corp management give me the most fun year in eve that i had tbh

Advertisement