Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe rice krispie treats?

Options
  • 06-11-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Notices on some of the cake shows eg cake boss, cake off etc. they have these rice krispie treats that they use instead of cake sometimes.
    Anyone have a recipe for the one they use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I'm not sure if i'm reading your question wrong, as i rarely get to watch those shows, but surely what they're using is just a version of rice krispy buns? If thats the case then its just rice krispy's and melted chocolate left to set in a mould/pan/tray. You can also use melted marshmallows and butter instead of chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

shinikins the cereal treats that Cake Boss uses are like the bars of Rice Krispie Treats you can buy, with the marshmallow like you said, so it's soft and pliable to use on cakes.

I think you just melt marshmallows and butter and add the rice krispies for a basic one.

Found this recipe:

http://www.suite101.com/content/crispy-ricetreats-recipes-a79477

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

This recipe is great. If you're making the candied peanuts, using de-skinned salted peanuts is even better than using unsalted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

melt a mars bar into the mix instead of marshmallows
    still nice and gooey and tastes yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭smallgarden

love those shows,also wondered about bulk recipe.ive made it in small quantities before and its quite expensive to make

• Advertisement
Advertisement