Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops IRL Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

We always need more Galway people to deal with these Waterford wasters and Kilkenny scoundrels.

There aren't enough Galway/Mayo people in existance to deal with us! I'm amazed you have electricity let alone broadband there in the wesht.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

cycocycle wrote: »
    There aren't enough Galway/Mayo people in existance to deal with us! I'm amazed you have electricity let alone broadband there in the wesht.:D
    Don't get me started on your internet connection

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

I was pondering the meaning of life and my questionable love for izam when he quoted baby batter. My love for izam is now unquestionable and the answer to the meaning of life is that much clearer.

In short I laughed my ass off. Also lads the hospital I work at aare looking for gynae care assistants who wants an application lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

We always need more Galway people to deal with these Waterford wasters and Kilkenny scoundrels.

You add us, not the other way around :)

There's only one Kilkenny scoundrel and it ain't me......... Raze cough!

I was pondering the meaning of life and my questionable love for izam when he quoted baby batter. My love for izam is now unquestionable and the answer to the meaning of life is that much clearer.

In short I laughed my ass off. Also lads the hospital I work at aare looking for gynae care assistants who wants an application lol.
    Can you pick your patients?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

...My love for izam is now unquestionable...
    Never in any doubt hunny, you're only human.
    cute_kitten.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

lads been doctors i presume:p:p

and you stating your love for izambard doesnt help defend yourself against the whole murse gay thing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

garv123 wrote: »

and you stating your love for izambard doesnt help defend yourself against the whole murse gay thing :rolleyes:

Come on guys, stop slagging poor wee mLindsay.

Our clan needs a token gay/girlie-type to show that we're a modern, forward thinking community and not just like all those other hater-type clans out there.

Besides, he brings a more sensitive view point to our manly, testosterone fueled discussions :D

Are you sure your a student maybe you should take up english or we will all need to start using word perfect grammer for little garv to understand What I meant was, 'Also lads,' as in directing my post to the reader. Its all right though chum since shovel moved out of special school a space has opened up for you. ;)

...and you stating your love for izambard doesnt help defend yourself against the whole murse gay thing :rolleyes:

Hold on there tiger no one said anything about being gay. Love for me goes way beyond physical attraction. As you are only young I'll forgive that little indiscretion. One day you'll understand the bond that can exist between men. A bond forged through dire combat. Until then let maturity take it's course like a beautiful river meandering towards the sea, where along each bank there are scores of dudes in pink hot pants dancing and singing along to Erasure. Nothing gay at all!
    Always, I wanna be with you
    And make believe with you
    And live in harmony, harmony oh love
    (Always) I wanna be with you
    And make believe with you
    And live in harmony, harmony oh love
    (Always)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

...................So Is this thread for gaming still?.

Meant to catch up with you guys soon...problem is some of my other FL buddies invite me soon as I switch the console on...loving some of the maps,surprisingly as am not a 3arc fan at all and even went 38-4 on HCTDM in Havana the other night..not bad for someone as ancient as me (43).

scores of dudes in pink hot pants dancing and singing along to Erasure.

Garvs wet dream apparently.

bastados wrote: »
    not bad for someone as ancient as me (43).

May I be the first to welcome you to the clan.

(Yay.Now I,m the third oldest member:D)

May I be the first to welcome you to the clan.

(Yay.Now I,m the third oldest member:D)

I guess at your age, you can refer to your age as "36 years young" ;)

Considering I blacked out pretty much everything between 1994 and 2007, I'm actually only 22 ;)

A post related to Black Ops...

Swastikas are banned from Black Ops as an insignia :D

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/22/microsofts-toulouse-explains-why-swastikas-are-banned-on-xbox-l/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuvBnEpbXnaVXV1S3qGkO8phZ-a1MBJOxubZaWTuK-3M88VFlDRA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 EamoQ14

@MooseInNam, yeah its annoying to see the swastika as an emblem. And as for those gamers whosaidit was the symbol for many Eastern religions. What do they think we are eejits?

EamoQ14 wrote: »
    @MooseInNam, yeah its annoying to see the swastika as an emblem. And as for those gamers whosaidit was the symbol for many Eastern religions. What do they think we are eejits?

How do you know they are not commemorating a Dublin laundry company?

Swastika-Laundry-was-a-Dublin-institution-in-Dublin-founded-in-1912.-It-operated-from-Shelbourne-Road-in-Dublin-and-remained-in-business-until-the-late-1960s.jpg

swastika1960s.jpg

http://comeheretome.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/swastika-laundry-1912-1987/

Haha, where di you find that!? :D

He was researching his cod emblem

• Advertisement

I remembered reading about it a number of years ago. I can't seem to find any pictures of it but it's well documented that they had an industrial chimney on their premises that was emblazoned with a white Swastika that was still visible in the eighties!

Well its funny thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

If the option to have a player emblem was in WaW, I think it would be acceptable to have a swastika as an emblem considering your going to be playing as a Nazi soldier anyway. But I dont think it has a place in Black Ops unless your the president of Iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

The Famas has a high rate of fire, coupled with the acog scope, you'll find it virtually impossible to hold it on target unless you use controlled bursts. However, using controlled bursts would defeat it's high fire rate. mLindsay was right, use a red dot or reflex scope. Alternatively, use a weapon with a slower fire rate with the acog, like the FN Fal or M14. The M14 is excellent with the acog and grip which reduces it's recoil and allows multiple quick shots into the target. On hardcore, one shot is enough to drop a target at any distance, two shots on standard mode.

Perks are over-rated in this game and really it's up to you to decide what suits your play-style the best. If you're using an acog, then ghost, warlord and probably ninja with the claymore to protect your rear when picking off targets.

One bit of advice I can offer you is to slowly increase your thumbstick sensitivity over time. It defaults at 3/10 but you'll find your reactions greatly increase if you can increase it. I'm up to 7/10, was using 10/10 but found it a little too jumpy when no scoping at close quarters.

Thats great advice moose,appreciate it.

I actually got rid of the acog sight last night before reading your post and was scoring way higher. Might try and move up the sensitivity a notch tonight aswell.

I have a bad habit of getting frustrated when im playing more terrible than normal and charging around which makes me even easier to kill. :D

I tried out that warlord perk last night which said I can use two attachments but I could only select one with the Famas, anyone know why this is?

More disturbing evidence of Mooses willingness to sacrifice clan members to make a kill!:D
    The captions are direct truthful reproductions of the statements made over the party chat. Not made up!;)

Its these team killing noobs that are ruining it for everyone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Me getting my ninja on!

cableguys point of view is first, mine is second

screenshot.54d10030cc86b1b9e0756820cce096f8.791691108490_med.jpg

screenshot.54d10030cc86b1b9e0756820cce096f8.791678066826_med.jpg

More disturbing evidence of Mooses willingness to sacrifice clan members to make a kill!:D
    The captions are direct truthful reproductions of the statements made over the party chat. Not made up!;)

Its these team killing noobs that are ruining it for everyone else!

What is it with you Waterford guys??? Maybe if you had a better hurling team, you moral would increase and you'd stop using my bullet streams as a means to end your lives!!! :D

If you look at it from my point of view, when I started shooting, you weren't even in my line of sight... granted, I didn't ease off the trigger as you were running past... but who would... survival of the fittest, methinks :D

What is it with you Waterford guys??? Maybe if you had a better hurling team, you moral would increase and you'd stop using my bullet streams as a means to end your lives!!! :D

If you look at it from my point of view, when I started shooting, you weren't even in my line of sight... granted, I didn't ease off the trigger as you were running past... but who would... survival of the fittest, methinks :D
    It's natural selection

I've now reviewed the clips and have two issues with Cyco's death...

Firstly, as Cyco ran up, Ravage got shot by the enemy just in front of him, yet Cyco didn't react or even look to cover his right side.

Secondly, it's obvious from the clip that my bullets were firing before Cyco entered my line of sight from my right hand side and he did intentionally try to obscure my view of the enemy, thereby endangering my life.

In conclusion, I feel fully justified in that team kill and remain happy in the knowledge that if Cyco had indeed survived that firefight, he would have been court marshaled for negligence on the battlefield. So, Cyco, just be thankful you were buried with full honours and your family name isn't in tatters ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

What is it with you Waterford guys??? Maybe if you had a better hurling team,

we're killkenny our 2nd team will beat any team in the country coz we're greatttt

week later.... we were missing henry sheffling thats why we didnt win cry cry cry.

i was gonna say at least you could boast to shoveltooth about beating galway but that would be like boasting to a guy in a wheelchair after beating him in a race up the stairs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement