Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops IRL Clan

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

bigbadcon wrote: »
    Lads im wondering if you can suggest what guns/equipment you were using when you were around level 15 and strapped with COD cash.

Im using Famas with Acog sight, frags, flashbang, claymore.

Perks im using are ghost,warlord and something else cant remember.

I actually think im getting worse at this game instead of better.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey, so here's my equipment set up as promised. Allow me to make a few suggestions to you.

1. Add the IRL clan members and play AGAINST them for a few rounds, guarenteed you won't have a tougher match, once you get some of the camper spots memorised as well as the best running spots (places to run to actively hunting enemies) you will be then prepared for some games with the clan.

2. Depending on you're style of play depends entirely on how you're set up is. At the start of the match you will normally find me camping until I'm killed, then you'll see me running around the map. For this reason I use the spy plane, attack chopper and chopper gunner. I normally save my gunner until 3-2 mins before the end of the match or straight away if our team is on 6000 or more points.

3. Know you're weapon. You're primary weapon is you're best friend, and only friend in this game. The best thing you can do is find out not what works for you, but what works for it. What attachments make you're weapon seperate from everyother weapon. Turn it into a merchant of death. For assualt rifles, which I feel is the only gun I can comment on use reflex scopes or if you need more prephiral vision use a red dot scope. This applies to everyone gun except the M14 and the FN FAL to which you should use the ACOG scope with or without a suppressor. Remember these guns are one shot kill 99% of the time.

4. Remember camo isn't just for decoration, I have 2 set ups for each weapon I have equiped. One for urban/jungle settings which requires my guns and face to have an olive colour and one for snow which I have my gun and face painted a white colour.

5. Be experimental, find the right weapon, again not for you but for you're score. If you a natural sprayer, an M14 isn't going to cut it, you need the FAMAS or AUG, if you're pretty accurate but don't want the hassle of one shot one kill, you like a little room, go for the AUG or the commando.

I have more suggestions but its best to find them out youreself otherwise you will never develop as player, good luck sir. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Can someone upload my emblem so I can use it as my sig?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

A nice tomahawk shot I had against lindsay last night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Cheers

sure no problem

Gay_sign.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Cheers

There ya go

DSCF0144.jpg

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    sure no problem

Gay_sign.png

He didnt ask for yours silly

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Cyco ran up, Ravage got shot by the enemy just in front of him, yet Cyco didn't react or even look to cover his right side.
    Quite difficult when you are being executed in cold blood by a "team mate". There have now been two verified "blue on blue" incidents involving Moose.While I,m not suggesting that his inherent Kilkenny inferiority in the face of Waterford superiority was a primary factor, it can,t be ruled out either.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Now that I have finaly got black ops can I join the boards clan? What way does it work, do ye all join a big party every night and play mostly together? I'll be playing it prob most evenings his side of Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Now that I have finaly got black ops can I join the boards clan? What way does it work, do ye all join a big party every night and play mostly together? I'll be playing it prob most evenings his side of Christmas
    Check the gamertags in peoples sigs here on boards. Add us as we have long since stopped adding people as the majority never come online. Most nights you will find a good few on. If you have a problem with being insulted or team killed you might find it tough going!:D
    Seriously though,playing multiplayer with people you know is much better than playing randomers.

cycocycle wrote: »
    Check the gamertags in peoples sigs here on boards. Add us as we have long since stopped adding people as the majority never come online. Most nights you will find a good few on. If you have a problem with being insulted or team killed you might find it tough going!:D
    Seriously though,playing multiplayer with people you know is much better than playing randomers.

thanks, il add a few people when i get a chance, may not be tonight but il have it done by tomorrow anyway, looking forward to it, i just wanna play it for a bit of fun

• Advertisement

thanks, il add a few people when i get a chance, may not be tonight but il have it done by tomorrow anyway, looking forward to it, i just wanna play it for a bit of fun
    Be warned that we only really play hardcore team deathmatch ( wish they had capture the flag and other modes in hardcore). It can be a bit of a shock to the system but you'll do fine after a couple of matches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Add this list of players and by playing with them you will usually end up meeting/adding more IRL clan players.

Usually what I do when I go online is see who are all playing in the same game and then join session in progress or join party. About 1 minute after joining a party I usually end up muting one of the clan members from the list below. I'll not say who it is and let you figure it out when you play :D

GaRv 123
    Dunworth1
    TheMooseInNam
    Shoveltooth
    naughtokev
    Uncle Wil
    Royal 1rish
    Cableguy IE
    Cycocyle
    colinbfmv
    FAILSAFE 00
    Raze them all

SimonGruberSays

You can also add me.

You can also add me.
    Don't

Don't

This comming from the Joseph Friztl of cats.......indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

This comming from the Joseph Friztl of cats.......indeed.

It's true, he's an ailurphilist but not in the adorable, old granny sense... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Nice to see CTF on hardcore now! Some good games tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I'm always on playing, but haven't joined in yet, due to not having a mic, which sucks ass on so many levels.

I need people to take my care packages to get hardline pro, and I have no way of telling them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

just throw them out someone will eventually,I lilke hardline pro, ugh it's ammo *SHAZZAM* attck dogs yay!

I do that, but it attracts the bad guys and they end up stealing it, out of about 15 i've thrown 2 have been taken by team mates :(

• Advertisement

find a camping spot, throw care package far away, scope in pick off the baddies :D

Thats not a bad idea at all, must improve my sniper skills first :P

fn fal +agog= sniper rifle without the shake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

fn fal +agog= sniper rifle without the shake

Yeah, it's an awesome setup! Stick on ninja, ghost, claymore, acog and a supressor and get a decent overwatch position and watch your K/D ratio rocket up!

I run with hardline pro,warlord pro and second chance pro + claymore also a mlindsay 215 for revival purposes, second claymore, second gun

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Hey, so here's my equipment set up as promised. Allow me to make a few suggestions to you.

1. Add the IRL clan members and play AGAINST them for a few rounds, guarenteed you won't have a tougher match, once you get some of the camper spots memorised as well as the best running spots (places to run to actively hunting enemies) you will be then prepared for some games with the clan.

2. Depending on you're style of play depends entirely on how you're set up is. At the start of the match you will normally find me camping until I'm killed, then you'll see me running around the map. For this reason I use the spy plane, attack chopper and chopper gunner. I normally save my gunner until 3-2 mins before the end of the match or straight away if our team is on 6000 or more points.

3. Know you're weapon. You're primary weapon is you're best friend, and only friend in this game. The best thing you can do is find out not what works for you, but what works for it. What attachments make you're weapon seperate from everyother weapon. Turn it into a merchant of death. For assualt rifles, which I feel is the only gun I can comment on use reflex scopes or if you need more prephiral vision use a red dot scope. This applies to everyone gun except the M14 and the FN FAL to which you should use the ACOG scope with or without a suppressor. Remember these guns are one shot kill 99% of the time.

4. Remember camo isn't just for decoration, I have 2 set ups for each weapon I have equiped. One for urban/jungle settings which requires my guns and face to have an olive colour and one for snow which I have my gun and face painted a white colour.

5. Be experimental, find the right weapon, again not for you but for you're score. If you a natural sprayer, an M14 isn't going to cut it, you need the FAMAS or AUG, if you're pretty accurate but don't want the hassle of one shot one kill, you like a little room, go for the AUG or the commando.

I have more suggestions but its best to find them out youreself otherwise you will never develop as player, good luck sir. :)

Thanks for this mlindsay. Think il try and start getting positive scores before I attempt to move into hardcore :D

Some really good advice there. Im finding it hard to experiment with different weapons cause I usually am very strapped for cod cash because my scores are so crap.

At the moment im using the Famas with the extended mags and the grenade launcher. I tried the M14 for a bit but Im definitely not accurate enough with my shooting.

I also have some very bad habits that I have to get rid of, like when I run into someone I wasnt expecting i always throw a grenade at them which is completely pointless as by the time the grenade has gone off and Ive changed back to my primary the other player has had a second or two of free shots at me. Its a stupid reflex reaction that always gets me killed :D

I am gradually improving but its a very slow process. Hopefully over the xmas holidays Il have loads of time to spend playing the game.

Thanks again for the advice.

Slight iritation actually a big one, Why do only snipers breathe in video games. In black ops you snipe and the sights go all over the place, fire and you may as well be jumping up and down. as an assault(fn fal) I can camp the same distance and be alot more accurate thanks to my non lack of needing air also the weapon kick is alot less. Turns out we're all actually zombies and only the snipers are human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Peracto paulo

Hi guys, been playing a few yrs now, like to get involved with some sound lads from Ireland, tried tLking to ppl on line but it usually deteriorates to 'your mother' insults- I'm a handy player- a team player all the way. If anyone would like to add me for a clan or to start a clan go for it!
    My gtag is:
    Peracto Paulo
    Use the AUG/AK47u depending on gametype map size- early days but I like ghost pro sleight pro hardline pro and ninja pro (only since they patched the footsteps!) add away lads!! :rolleyes:

Add this list of players and by playing with them you will usually end up meeting/adding more IRL clan players.

Usually what I do when I go online is see who are all playing in the same game and then join session in progress or join party. About 1 minute after joining a party I usually end up muting one of the clan members from the list below. I'll not say who it is and let you figure it out when you play :D

GaRv 123
    Dunworth1
    TheMooseInNam
    Shoveltooth
    naughtokev
    Uncle Wil
    Royal 1rish
    Cableguy IE
    Cycocyle
    colinbfmv
    FAILSAFE 00
    Raze them all

SimonGruberSays

right iv added a few of those names anyway so hopefully i should be around tonight for a few games, just need to get up to level 19 to unlock the hardcore games, should be done this afternoon

• Advertisement

<snip>

These are actually quite good tips... so thanks from me aswell!

Anyway, last night got a 0-16 (yes, that's the right way around) on Summit :eek:. Good God that was bad. I should make a montage of my 16 deaths. People can learn a lot about how *not* to play :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement