Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops IRL Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

My load out is very simple.

The Galil with a suppressor for the larger maps and the AUG with dual mags for the smaller maps like Summit, Nuketown and Firing range. I only use iron sights with both of them. I use the Draganov for Array which is the only map I snipe on.

I have the Python as my secondary and use the Frag, Flashbang and Claymore. I use the Decoy on Array when sniping. My perks would be Ghost, Hardened and Ninja. I replace Hardened with Scout when sniping on Array.

I think using Ghost and Ninja is a no brainer as you will always have an advantage on your enemy if he doesnt know where you are.

I'll be sticking with this load out through most of the game until I get the Commando again and use it with the Reflex sight with the same equipment and perks as above.

Two things I will never use is Dual wielding guns and second chance. People running around the map dolphin diving with dual wielding smg's belong in a John Woo movie (points finger in Shoveltooths general direction)
    Filthy liar. I remember you shooting at me in second chance before.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Sorry left during the jungle map, stupid connection has been dropping all night, only managed to finish that one game in the villa. I think I'm going to leave it for tonight because it's too annoying with the connection dropping every second game. Tomorrow hopefully

GT: jwallace007

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Had some absolutely terrible games last night. The lag was woeful; even my mic voice was getting dropped. At the start of each map, it was especially bad - I had to wait for the rest of the team to move on before I could move with any degree of reliability.

I should have quit early and saved myself a lot of frustration :rolleyes: Although it was worth it to see Ravage in the chopper on Jungle. Think he hit 25-2 or something obscene like that.

Looked at a few of your Player Cards last night. You're all up at > 2 days of play time. I thought I was doing well hitting the 15 hour mark last night. Think I might have to quit my job :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Peracto paulo

Psssst that's not lindsay........

Nice one Raze, I got a little confused/excited last night so many names flying around- I'll be on most the weekend cos I finally got my priorities sorted- feck college! It was the first time I played CTF HC good crack though_ took me a while to figure out why my decoys weren't getting any attention!!

JD1763 wrote: »

There the kinda kills you wake up in the night in a cold sweat thinking about,
    Never got a long range kill like that- it is 90% luck though, how you getting on with gun selection/loadout?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

There the kinda kills you wake up in the night in a cold sweat thinking about,
    Never got a long range kill like that- it is 90% luck though, how you getting on with gun selection/loadout?

that was 10000% luck not 90. he just randomly threw it in that direction.
    class all the same:pac:

imagine our ears if raze done it?:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Got two triple kills in the same match with the MPL submachine gun with rapid fire. Very impressive little weapon, up close!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

:D If you look at the scoreboard as well, look who's winning.

Go Go IRL clan, duh duh duuuh duuh duuuuh duuuh duuuuuuh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Last nights rocket attack on Dunworth..

I am sorry Dunworth, please forgive me lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

So I tried my hand at hardcore last night for the first time...

I thought.. "how hard can it be.. Il just keep an eye on my mini map..oh wait I dont have a mini map".

Its ok though il just stick my head out this window to see where everyone is.

BANG

Hmm its not so bad at least I can see where I was killed from so it wont happen again..NOPE

Then the fear set in.... :D

I finished up the game and limped back to the core games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

bigbadcon wrote: »
    So I tried my hand at hardcore last night for the first time...

I thought.. "how hard can it be.. Il just keep an eye on my mini map..oh wait I dont have a mini map".

Its ok though il just stick my head out this window to see where everyone is.

BANG

Hmm its not so bad at least I can see where I was killed from so it wont happen again..NOPE

Then the fear set in.... :D

I finished up the game and limped back to the core games :(

Trust us when we say that after a few games of hardcore in any F.P.S., when you finally feel comfortable, you will never return to soft core again. Having a mini map and kill cams ruin the experience for me. Your playing style will change and you will adapt. Try and give it a bit more time!

Clip making TIP *

I found this useful for when you want to slow down a clip to like 0.1 and have it maintain that speed throughout the clip without holding down on the fire trigger at all.

Select the desired replay speed, press the back button, when you see the players names release the pressure on the right trigger completely, then just click the back button again. notice the clip will play through at the precise speed you selected without holding down the right trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Trust us when we say that after a few games of hardcore in any F.P.S., when you finally feel comfortable, you will never return to soft core again. Having a mini map and kill cams ruin the experience for me. Your playing style will change and you will adapt. Try and give it a bit more time!

I also had my first hardcore match last night, it's a lot tougher alright but I like it, it's a much slower pace and more tactical almost, you don't just sprint around aimlessly loomin for people, it takes a lot more patience. Well that was my first impression of it anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

I also had my first hardcore match last night, it's a lot tougher alright but I like it, it's a much slower pace and more tactical almost, you don't just sprint around aimlessly loomin for people, it takes a lot more patience. Well that was my first impression of it anyway

Wait till you get stuck into HCTF its very fast. For the past few days after the IRL clan obliterate a team they leave if they havent before the end. Its getting very tedious.

Wait till you get stuck into HCTF its very fast. For the past few days after the IRL clan obliterate a team they leave if they havent before the end. Its getting very tedious.
    Can ye change my name in the sig to the correct shovelt00th. I'm getting friend requests from the wrong account.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

Whats the story, annual games or clan matchs? set days to train etc?

• Advertisement

Fouloleron wrote: »
    Whats the story, annual games or clan matchs? set days to train etc?
    Casual gaming. You just join in on peoples games when people are online and play for fun.
    If you do venture in, be prepared to be assigned a nickname by me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Can ye change my name in the sig to the correct shovelt00th. I'm getting friend requests from the wrong account.

how would u know it its the wrong account? your just not getting any :P

Clip making TIP *

I found this useful for when you want to slow down a clip to like 0.1 and have it maintain that speed throughout the clip without holding down on the fire trigger at all.

Select the desired replay speed, press the back button, when you see the players names release the pressure on the right trigger completely, then just click the back button again. notice the clip will play through at the precise speed you selected without holding down the right trigger.

youve just saved me some shaky hand moments there!! cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I'd like to apologise to whoever I just killed twice in the clan...

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I'd like to apologise to whoever I just killed twice in the clan...
    Probably deserved it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Probably deserved it

shut your Shovel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Probably deserved it
    Someone was about to revive me, I turned around didn't see a green name, so I slashed him.

Sickened, cause I was on a nice streak too :(

dunworth1 wrote: »
    shut your Shovel
    I will not bury the truth under lies

Someone was about to revive me, I turned around didn't see a green name, so I slashed him.

That was me... You were very jumpy :)

• Advertisement

That was me again :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement