Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops IRL Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I LOVE finding Tactical Insertions. A much better wheeze is to plant a claymore facing the Tactical Insertion and when Lindsay the random player spawns much hilarity results!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Royal I laughed my ass off watching that, you should make a compilation of them, with just you killing me with that music, I swear it would be hilarious, for me at least.

Good news, (for me) I checked the prestige leaderboards and I'm 2nd in the world at hardcore CTF. Whoo hoo!

Some other people in our clan have really good rankings as well. Royal, Moose, Shovel and Paulo all have massive kill counts, higher than some of the guys in the top ten.

Out of boredom and from what I've seen in the past few days in HCTF, here's how some of our clan members are precieved in the game, if you're not on the list I haven't yet seen you're style of play.

Shoveltooth - The Saviour , comes into a game we're losing by one or two flags, and somehow we always win it back, here's the catch, he literally does f!ck all, his K/D ratio isn't all that high and he makes 1-0 flag captuers and maybe 1-2 returns.

Cableguy - The sneaky f!cker, always sitting in a car, or blended to a wall watching and waiting.

Ravage - The rusher, in and out is what ravage is about, if he's on you're team hes guarenteed 3+ flag caputers.

Moose - The all rounder, if we're winning moose is on the offensive, if we're losing he's on the defensive. Beware his Fal, I'm convinced he has an aimbot.

Royal - The brick wall, our master defender, unless you plan rushing him or he's busy killing everyone up front, the only way you're getting him is a well timed sneak attack or a lucky semtex/frag nade.

Marko Paulo - The shadow, if you've got the flag, this guy's got you're back, unless you're rushed by 3-4 of the opposite or someones waiting for you round the corner sights proned, you're getting home safe. If he's not shadowing you he's ripping out those chopper kills.

Raze - The camper, if anyone reading this not in the IRL clan plans to face off against the clan and Raze happens to be on the team, don't stop running, if Raze has an area covered you're not getting in.

Izam - The armour, by this I mean simply Izams job is to soak up bullets directed at others, good job sir, good job indeed.

Simon - The noob, Lethal with a tommahawk and even worse with the noobtube, run like the wind ladies and gentlemen if you see "SimonGruber" in red facing you're direction.

WALSHY - The troublemaker, I use this term from Iv Conflicts II rant directed at walshy when we where playing HCTF, "That noob, he does nothing but cause me trouble...............arrrrrrrrggghhhhh" The guy sounded about 8 but walshy appeared to have raped his soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Royal I laughed my ass off watching that, you should make a compilation of them, with just you killing me with that music, I swear it would be hilarious, for me at least.

Royal - The brick wall, our master defender, unless you plan rushing him or he's busy killing everyone up front, the only way you're getting him is a well timed sneak attack or a lucky semtex/frag nade.

For those who dont know, I sing that song in party chat when I find a tactical insertion near our flag. If mlindsay is on the other team, 9 times out of 10 its his. As soon as he hears that tune in party chat he knows am sitting there waiting for him to respawn.

That assesment of me defending on CTF is pretty accurate. I very rarely attack and when I do get killed its usually a frag. Cableguy is good at aswell when he chooses to defend.

As a clan we have lost a good few games of CTF recently and everytime it came down to a lack of people guarding our flag. All the teams that beat us had 3 or more players defending.

Next time if we have 6 IRL clan players in party mode, decide in the pre game lobby 3 players to hang back and 3 players to attack. When the score is 2-0 we should have only 2 attacking and 4 hanging back. We would easily win every game we play if we done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

WALSHY - The troublemaker, I use this term from Iv Conflicts II rant directed at walshy when we where playing HCTF, "That noob, he does nothing but cause me trouble...............arrrrrrrrggghhhhh" The guy sounded about 8 but walshy appeared to have raped his soul.

That would be a fairly accurate rant and I would have loved to have heard it.
    I love rushing and causing destruction against the other team.
    It's been a week to this day since I joined the clan and to be honest it makes the game x10 better.
    Most games we played, we won and I'm ranking up quickly enough too:).

Maybe next week I will post a reply on each of ye:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Agreed. Before any game we should re-assess and decide who's taking what role. 9/10 games we always win. But that one game we always lose is always down to lack of defense. Paulo proved today that if you only defend, and do it well, with attack killstreaks on the benifits are worth it more than attacking.

He got 35+ kills and less than five deaths in one round and 20+ kills in other games and was walking away with 5k+ points.

Well worth it in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

bahahahaha nearly pissed myself laughing at izams. Tbh when I'm playing CTF I know I'll never grab a flag, I'll either camp at theirs if royal has ours covered or I'll stay around one spot, thats high traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

bahahahaha nearly pissed myself laughing at izams. Tbh when I'm playing CTF I know I'll never grab a flag, I'll either camp at theirs if royal has ours covered or I'll stay around one spot, thats high traffic.
    I am a true hero. I die to let others profit!

ha ha I well believe it. Actually I've to find my thomohawk kill on royal when i was playing against ye all, aiming for shovel and it bouncing off behind him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Cableguy is good at aswell when he chooses to defend.

Yeah I know as I said earlier just getting used to capture the flag defending/Camping not the way I normally play. Still getting used to the defending spots only when I get bored do I attack. Liking the jammer though comes in handy and people cant use the tac insert in its location.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Peracto paulo

Good news, (for me) I checked the prestige leaderboards and I'm 2nd in the world at hardcore CTF. Whoo hoo!

Some other people in our clan have really good rankings as well. Royal, Moose, Shovel and Paulo all have massive kill counts, higher than some of the guys in the top ten.

Out of boredom and from what I've seen in the past few days in HCTF, here's how some of our clan members are precieved in the game, if you're not on the list I haven't yet seen you're style of play.

Shoveltooth - The Saviour , comes into a game we're losing by one or two flags, and somehow we always win it back, here's the catch, he literally does f!ck all, his K/D ratio isn't all that high and he makes 1-0 flag captuers and maybe 1-2 returns.

Cableguy - The sneaky f!cker, always sitting in a car, or blended to a wall watching and waiting.

Ravage - The rusher, in and out is what ravage is about, if he's on you're team hes guarenteed 3+ flag caputers.

Moose - The all rounder, if we're winning moose is on the offensive, if we're losing he's on the defensive. Beware his Fal, I'm convinced he has an aimbot.

Marko Paulo - The shadow, if you've got the flag, this guy's got you're back, unless you're rushed by 3-4 of the opposite or someones waiting for you round the corner sights proned, you're getting home safe. If he's not shadowing you he's ripping out those chopper kills.

Raze - The camper, if anyone reading this not in the IRL clan plans to face off against the clan and Raze happens to be on the team, don't stop running, if Raze has an area covered you're not getting in.

Izam - The armour, by this I mean simply Izams job is to soak up bullets directed at others, good job sir, good job indeed.

Simon - The noob, Lethal with a tommahawk and even worse with the noobtube, run like the wind ladies and gentlemen if you see "SimonGruber" in red facing you're direction.

i like your synopsis...but somebodys gonna have to give a synopsis on you!!...mlindsay215... :eek:

Marks simple, He patches up the men folk for war!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

I quite enjoyed defending last night - caus every time I attack I just get destroyed and its no fun. at least with defending I know what to expect and what to do (camp like a motha focka :) )

also I was playing against 4 of you last night and you all came down the one side of nuke town (on at least 4 occasions) - its good to hunt in packs but it leaves the flag a gimme if you all get taken out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Battlefield maps are out jump top the other Forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Well lads,

I already posted in your general discussion thread but garv123 told me it can be quiet in there. So just posting here to let yas all know I'm interested in joining ye :) I'm 20 GT: IR1SH RANG3R (watch out for me please). garv also gave me a list of the regulars around here so I'll get to adding ye and hopefully can get to know some of ye :) If I don't add someone please feel free to add me!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

we're on now if ur up for a game

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Originally meant for Izambard but applies to all IRL clan members:
    http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/watch/U1F4qi5vn-4Zi-TiDD6lMw

Some of the worst lag I have ever had last night.

Half the time I was emptying clips into people, and the hits weren't registering. Other times, it was like you guys were using the 'Teleport' perk - I wouldn't see the person killing me until the blew my face off. My favourite was Walshy knifing me from six feet away. Voice chat was weird. I'd get every second word, and it would crawl even more if I tried to speak.

Reckon I'll try dial-up tonight. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Uncle Wil wrote: »
    Some of the worst lag I have ever had last night.

Half the time I was emptying clips into people, and the hits weren't registering. Other times, it was like you guys were using the 'Teleport' perk - I wouldn't see the person killing me until the blew my face off. My favourite was Walshy knifing me from six feet away. Voice chat was weird. I'd get every second word, and it would crawl even more if I tried to speak.

Reckon I'll try dial-up tonight. :p

who is your isp?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Originally meant for Izambard but applies to all IRL clan members:
    http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/watch/U1F4qi5vn-4Zi-TiDD6lMw

Thanks dude. That brought a tear to my eye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Whats the requirements to join the clan?

I'll be honest, im pretty sh!t (ok that might be a little unfair, im not too bad. Id say in in the botton 25%) but just play for the laugh. Like i can have a good game and then a bad game and probably another bad one.. But i dont mind.
    The thing that really annoys me is getting ridiculed for it if i have the headset in.

So is the clan one of "accuracy over 40%/KD of 2.00" etc?

I know my 12 year old brother is mad about that kinda stuff,but i wouldnt even care about it all.

no where not we just play for the laugh, friendly slagging does happen alot so if yer not able for a bit of slagging i'd mute people while playing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

CMpunked wrote: »
    Whats the requirements to join the clan?

I'll be honest, im pretty sh!t (ok that might be a little unfair, im not too bad. Id say in in the botton 25%) but just play for the laugh. Like i can have a good game and then a bad game and probably another bad one.. But i dont mind.
    The thing that really annoys me is getting ridiculed for it if i have the headset in.

So is the clan one of "accuracy over 40%/KD of 2.00" etc?

I know my 12 year old brother is mad about that kinda stuff,but i wouldnt even care about it all.

As Raze said, we're not that serious. It's more about the craic than anything else... although we do try not to lose ;)

List of regular members below. Add us...

no where not we just play for the laugh, friendly slagging does happen alot so if yer not able for a bit of slagging i'd mute people while playing :P

Ah dont get me wrong, i dish it out as much as i get it when i can.
    But calling me a n00b, among other things for camping after being in a building lying down getting the kill when my claymore blows up by some brit/american.

ha ha ha ha don't worry about camping I bring marshmallows when i play for my fire :D

Oh we only play hardcore games btw

ha ha ha ha don't worry about camping I bring marshmallows when i play for my fire :D

Oh we only play hardcore games btw

Thats even better again.
    I only generally went on hardcore on mw2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

CMpunked wrote: »
    Thats even better again.
    I only generally went on hardcore on mw2.

mLindsay215, cusakBOOM and Walshy16291 are on now if you want to join in with them. I'm heading off for a few hours but will probably be on later this afternoon.

Clan tag is IRL, use it so there's less friendly fire ;)

and remember attack the murse. It's the only surefire way to keep him quietish

mLindsay215, cusakBOOM and Walshy16291 are on now if you want to join in with them. I'm heading off for a few hours but will probably be on later this afternoon.

Clan tag is IRL, use it so there's less friendly fire ;)

Lol i would, but on a Fas course right now so it will have to be later. :o

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    who is your isp?

Eircom. Usually it's not too bad. Reckon it's just the bad weather. Work pay for it, so I can't really complain. Now if only I could convince them to pay for Live...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement