Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops IRL Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dosent seem to work

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

So looking to play with some decent folks ...
    Gamertag is smog77, want to play with people with mics and not shouty kids

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Another great game tonight lads as always :) Won't be on now for a while though (don't all break down at the same time now) because have to head back to Galway tomorrow for exams, and plus the fact that I only have Black Ops rented so probably won't have it again until after Christmas. :(:(:(

Anyways if I'm on playing anything else I might jump into the party to listen in on the craic being had!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Anyone having problems with the call of duty theater?

I rendered a clip from my file share of probably the best kill ever and it hasnt appeared on my theater on the CoD website or youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I rendered a clip from my file share of probably the best kill ever and it hasnt appeared on my theater on the CoD website or youtube.

Usually takes a while before it appears on youtube well for me it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Great games last night lads, it's good to be back playing with the clan. Although when i'm on my own on the other team facing 5 IRL guys its a little bit daunting:D think i did alright though.

That last game on nuke town was seriously tense. Devastated we ended up losing it in the end. But i was quite a good game.
    Another great game tonight lads as always :) Won't be on now for a while though (don't all break down at the same time now) because have to head back to Galway tomorrow for exams, and plus the fact that I only have Black Ops rented so probably won't have it again until after Christmas. :(:(:(

Anyways if I'm on playing anything else I might jump into the party to listen in on the craic being had!! :)

Thats a shame Ranger, you were doing some very good defense last night. Saved us a good few times.

Really enjoying Black Ops so far, told myself i wouldn't buy it because of how MW2 turned out. But then ended up getting it for my birthday which worked out quite nicely. hopefully be able to play a good bit with the Christmas holidays coming up.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

smog wrote: »
    you should prob not play with shoveltooth then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

shoveltooth whats the story with the team kills man?? :eek:

Also come back Rang3r I cant camp defend all by myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I think at the moment I'm king of the team kills..I'm spending more time in Limbo waiting to be let back in than playing lol.
    Last night was a perfect example...3 in one go with a tasty Grenade :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

bubbleking wrote: »
    shoveltooth whats the story with the team kills man?? :eek:

Have you learnt nothing man?!?!

Shovel TK's people when he's losing a verbal arguement or getting a verbal beatdown on chat for inciting a verbal confrontation.

For example;

*Everyone is having fun killing away, all game related chat* (When suddenly)

Shoveltooth : Lindsay...........murse
    Me : You cat r1ping d1ckhead.
    Shoveltooth: Do you abuse you're patients.
    Me : Not like you abuse your poor kitty.

Shoveltooth TK's Lindsay.

Me : What was that for.
    Shoveltooth : Cos' you're sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

****ing snowed into the parents house since last monday...****ing withdrawel symptoms!!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Have you learnt nothing man?!?!

Shovel TK's people when he's losing a verbal arguement or getting a verbal beatdown on chat for inciting a verbal confrontation.

For example;

*Everyone is having fun killing away, all game related chat* (When suddenly)

Shoveltooth : Lindsay...........murse
    Me : You cat r1ping d1ckhead.
    Shoveltooth: Do you abuse you're patients.
    Me : Not like you abuse your poor kitty.

Shoveltooth TK's Lindsay.

Me : What was that for.
    Shoveltooth : Cos' you're sick.
    You crossed a line therefore I team kill you to act as a disincentive for you to cross the line again.
    I'm making you a better person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Guys,

I noticed a problem over the last few days, it'd be interesting to see if any of the rest of you are suffering the same issue.

This happens when we have a full or nearly full XBL party and join a game of Black Ops. When the game is about to start, I always check my connection to make sure it's decent. Generally 3-5 bars which is good.

However, what I've noticed happening lately, I'll have 5 bars when I'm waiting to respawn but as soon as I start playing again, it'll drop to 1-2 bars but as soon as I die, it'll jump back up to 5 bars again.

The game will also seem very laggy, not with people glitching across the map but reactions seem very delayed. For example, if I was crouched and aiming at a corner waiting for someone to run around it... they'll actually get around the corner and scope in to shoot me before I can pull the trigger! My reactions aren't that bad.

Anyway, be interesting to see if anyone else has noticed this... or keep an eye out for it. I'm finding it so frustrating that it's spoiling the game for me. I've checked my network out and it seems to be performing excellently so i can't blame my ISP.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

smog wrote: »
    Decent may be a stretch but we do have a laugh. Just add a few of us from my signature and join in our party and game when you see us online.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Guys,

I noticed a problem over the last few days, it'd be interesting to see if any of the rest of you are suffering the same issue.

This happens when we have a full or nearly full XBL party and join a game of Black Ops. When the game is about to start, I always check my connection to make sure it's decent. Generally 3-5 bars which is good.

However, what I've noticed happening lately, I'll have 5 bars when I'm waiting to respawn but as soon as I start playing again, it'll drop to 1-2 bars but as soon as I die, it'll jump back up to 5 bars again.

The game will also seem very laggy, not with people glitching across the map but reactions seem very delayed. For example, if I was crouched and aiming at a corner waiting for someone to run around it... they'll actually get around the corner and scope in to shoot me before I can pull the trigger! My reactions aren't that bad.

Anyway, be interesting to see if anyone else has noticed this... or keep an eye out for it. I'm finding it so frustrating that it's spoiling the game for me. I've checked my network out and it seems to be performing excellently so i can't blame my ISP.

i noticed this exact problem last night. when i was alive i would be at 2-1 bars but when waiting to respawn it was up at 5. I'm with Eircom, and it seems to be performing just fine. even tried resetting the connection a few times last night. seemed to settle down in the last few games i played but it was extremely frustrating when it was occurring.

Same as you moose, seeing people late. I played some soft core games and the kill cam showed me reacting a second or two late.

I think at the moment I'm king of the team kills..I'm spending more time in Limbo waiting to be let back in than playing lol.
    Last night was a perfect example...3 in one go with a tasty Grenade :D

You will never be the king of team killing until you team kill someone with a flamethrower.

Again, sorry Moose :o

You will never be the king of team killing until you team kill someone with a flamethrower.

Again, sorry Moose :o

I looked for that game but couldn't find it... it was on Crisis, upstairs in the office block. Can you remember what time the game was at? Need to post that clip...

I'll accept your apology once I have documented proof!

I'll have a look for it. While your in the theater mode, have a look at my file share. I have a 25s clip of the best kill ever. Its from a wager match on one in the chamber on summit.

I rendered it, but it isnt on youtube yet.

i noticed this exact problem last night. when i was alive i would be at 2-1 bars but when waiting to respawn it was up at 5. I'm with Eircom, and it seems to be performing just fine. even tried resetting the connection a few times last night. seemed to settle down in the last few games i played but it was extremely frustrating when it was occurring.

Same as you moose, seeing people late. I played some soft core games and the kill cam showed me reacting a second or two late.

Thank God someone else has noticed it too! I was beginning to think I was going slowly insane!

This is what I've figured out, so far about it. I had no issue this afternoon playing with mLindsay and a few of the other guys. The issue only started when loads of clan members joined the party.

Funnily enough, I dumped out of the party and game at one stage but when I tried to join back into the party, it wouldn't let me. I know my NAT was open and my connection was ok... however, Shoveltooth had just come online. So I invited everyone into my party and launched a new game, that's when I noticed serious lag problems.

I'm not blaming you, Shoveltooth, probably just a coincidence... but I'll be watching you closely from now on ;)

i-suppose-you-could-say-25135-1282669706-17.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Thank God someone else has noticed it too! I was beginning to think I was going slowly insane!

This is what I've figured out, so far about it. I had no issue this afternoon playing with mLindsay and a few of the other guys. The issue only started when loads of clan members joined the party.

Funnily enough, I dumped out of the party and game at one stage but when I tried to join back into the party, it wouldn't let me. I know my NAT was open and my connection was ok... however, Shoveltooth had just come online. So I invited everyone into my party and launched a new game, that's when I noticed serious lag problems.

I'm not blaming you, Shoveltooth, probably just a coincidence... but I'll be watching you closely from now on ;)
    I think you suffer from a variant of paruresis.
    the online equivalent of shycock at the urinal
    Me being the alpha male probably triggers it.
    It doesn't make you any less of a man :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Guys,

yeah i find it the same when i check it wen im dead im like oh its back then play its still laggy anf back to one red. really annoying and i find i empty a clip into someone and they turn around and kill me when i reload

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Yeah ehhhh sure thats why I keep missing you guys......lag :P

I think you suffer from a variant of paruresis.
    the online equivalent of shycock at the urinal
    Me being the alpha male probably triggers it.
    It doesn't make you any less of a man :pac:

Yeah, sure, "you" are the alpha male...

If that's the case, why do they make alpha male tablets with extracts of moose, for men like you???

138606.jpg

ah i was playing again there and its same thing happening. turned it off in the end. same thing in the squad party yoke and ive a crap connection.
    perfect when im dead, how helpful:rolleyes:

quote of the day

lenny kills me

Lenny "oh, garvs on the other team"
    me "no lenny, that was a team kill."

que us getting to laugh at lenny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Well nuketown finally came up and it was the most unbelievable game yet! Paul and myself did major damage:D.
    Then there was a mass exodus at 10........ for desperate housewives:rolleyes:

garv123 wrote: »
    ah i was playing again there and its same thing happening. turned it off in the end. same thing in the squad party yoke and ive a crap connection.
    perfect when im dead, how helpful:rolleyes:

quote of the day

lenny kills me

Lenny "oh, garvs on the other team"
    me "no lenny, that was a team kill."

que us getting to laugh at lenny :D

Just found a huge thread on the Black Ops forum about this particular problem. Turns out that you can actually be the host in a game and still not have full bars on your connection. What was also mentioned is that if you are the host, you can be at a distinct disadvantage (normally hosting gives you unfair advantage in online games). Also, people complaining about up to a second of delay, which is roughly what I experienced. If this continues without getting patched, it'll be game breaking for me.

A lot to be said for BFBC2 and it's great dedicated servers...*

*although I do remember them being laggy too sometimes...

Just found a huge thread on the Black Ops forum about this particular problem. Turns out that you can actually be the host in a game and still not have full bars on your connection. What was also mentioned is that if you are the host, you can be at a distinct disadvantage (normally hosting gives you unfair advantage in online games). Also, people complaining about up to a second of delay, which is roughly what I experienced. If this continues without getting patched, it'll be game breaking for me.

A lot to be said for BFBC2 and it's great dedicated servers...*

*although I do remember them being laggy too sometimes...

lets play battlefield instead so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Peracto paulo

ya, i loaded a clip last night at 5:30, 29secs, rendered......no sign! @ least we know its not a mistake were making!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Peracto paulo

Well nuketown finally came up and it was the most unbelievable game yet! Paul and myself did major damage:D.
    Then there was a mass exodus at 10........ for desperate housewives:rolleyes:

desperatehousewivesseas0.jpg

wouldnt you watch away too :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

God Paul two of those women aren't even in the program anymore:D. I must admit it, I went off to watch earlier ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement