Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops IRL Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

tony1980 wrote: »
    how we doing lads. i am looking to join an irish clan on the xbox360 for black ops and other cod games, also for zombies. i play most nights and am a decent enough player. my gamer name is canto28. how do i go about joining

http://www.irlclan.net/members/
    add people off the BO list in the link above
    we're a hardcore clan. none of us play core games
    try it out. we've converted probably everyone on that list to hard core at some stage

had some games of BO the weekend out of boredum and it wasnt bad to play it for a while. the tempo is much faster than BF.
    still find its laggy though at home
    stilll undecided to pick it up 2nd hand. bored of all the other games i have

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

garv123 wrote: »
    we're a hardcore clan.

Only in the sense that we play Hardcore mode exclusively. Other than that its easygoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

cheers lads, hardcore is fine with me, i mostly play core, don't know why really but have tried hc before and liked it, probably will take me a bit of getting used to again thats all. are ye getting the new map packs today. do ye play zombies often, how far have ye got in five, sorry for all the q's but im at work and im bored!!

cheers lads, hardcore is fine with me, i mostly play core, don't know why really but have tried hc before and liked it, probably will take me a bit of getting used to again thats all. are ye getting the new map packs today. do ye play zombies often, how far have ye got in five, sorry for all the q's but im at work and im bored!!

try doing some work?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Zombies:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jmacm

Has anyone played the new maps yet? What's the verdict?

I'm 50/50 on getting them as I haven't played black ops much lately..

jmacm wrote: »
    Has anyone played the new maps yet? What's the verdict?

I'm 50/50 on getting them as I haven't played black ops much lately..

There ok , Kowloon is a little bit different what with zip lines and very dark corners , on first impressions you would think its a campers paradise but i have not found that myself , mind you give it time.

Berlin Wall has lots of buildings and open spaces , not bad for sniping , with a no mans land in the middle , were if you venture into you will be ripped to shreds by sentry guns:eek:

Discovery , ive only played a few games on it but it looks good , cant really comment as i have not played it that much , first impressions are its big with a good few ice bridges and such , good for CTF , SnD , Domination imo.

Stadium is a tight small map , it said in the trailer it was a run and gun map , but i found it more playable if you stay get a few kills and move , kill and move ,kill and move . i found if i didnt have my wits about me id be ripped apart.

heres a link to a more detailed review.

http://www.huliq.com/10177/first-strike-dlc-black-ops-headlines-week-games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I downloaded the new maps last night myself but XBOX Live was acting up for me.
    Hopefully it'll be working tonight and I'll be on if people want a bash.

sorry lads broadband went tits up around half eight last night in the middle of a game , seems to be fine now , be on tonight .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

Cant get near my xbox theres a nun beside it having dinner, dont want face the consequences of kicking a nun outta da house in the rain

Btwndeyes wrote: »
    Cant get near my xbox theres a nun beside it having dinner, dont want face the consequences of kicking a nun outta da house in the rain

kick her out the fck , she does not like you, your xbox , or generally anything you enjoy , infact you could say shes a little bit evil:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Howiya lads. Do you play competitive or just for the laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

JM MARCONI wrote: »

Just for the laugh. We use the term clan for want of a better word. Efforts were made to try and play a few 'friendly' matches with a fellow boards clan but the less said about that whole chapter the better! The clan only plays hardcore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

JM MARCONI wrote: »

mostly for the laugh

but every now and again we get our game faces on and play another clan

Clan?!! pffwah we're more like the sisterhood of travelling pants :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Had some good games last night. Nuke town came up and was doing well then got kicked but just as we were about to finish nuke town came up again.

Myself,Failsafe and Ram were playing Ode joined a bit worse for wear and managed to team kill 2 before he team killed me and was kicked. I was also team killed 2 more times and each time they were kicked. One of our players had 107 kills in the game.

Had some good games last night. Nuke town came up and was doing well then got kicked but just as we were about to finish nuke town came up again.

Myself,Failsafe and Ram were playing Ode joined a bit worse for wear and managed to team kill 2 before he team killed me and was kicked. I was also team killed 2 more times and each time they were kicked. One of our players had 107 kills in the game.

whoo hoo team kills yeah , its not just me:D

Btwndeyes wrote: »

i hate people who do that no-scope and quick scope crap.

i taught they found a way to stop it for mw2, until then the spin shot was invented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Looks like my xbox is on it's last legs because it kept freezing and stuff. My live runs out today too so it's been a bad day in general. Might not be online for the time being!

Looks like my xbox is on it's last legs because it kept freezing and stuff. My live runs out today too so it's been a bad day in general. Might not be online for the time being!
    If u or any other [IRL] member wants it i have a 48 hr pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

got the game yesterday so going to get set up, ive a couple of question if you lads dont mind helping me out

1. how do i set up the o2 broadband dongle to work as the internet connection for the x box
    2. what do i do once its set up?

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

So i got kicked again for Team killing last night :D I hope I took enough of you with me to earn that reward ?
    :D

1. how do i set up the o2 broadband dongle to work as the internet connection for the x box

Enable 'Internet Connection Sharing' on the O2 connection on your laptop. Connect/configure your IP settings on the 360 and laptop.
    See here for more details. It shares a WiFi connection on the laptop, but the idea is the same.

Royal might have some more advice for this.
    2. what do i do once its set up?
    • Create a gamertag if you don't already have one (you can do this through the Xbox, once it connects).
    • Purchase the Xbox Live Gold if you don't already have one (~€50/year).
    • Get a mic so we can take the piss out of you
    • Load CoD, add a few people from this list, press 'Y' at the main menu to see who's online and join on of our games.
    • Get teamkilled :D
    thanks guys
    No problem. The above is a little vague, but it'll get you started. PM me if you need more help (to keep this thread clean).

So i got kicked again for Team killing last night :D I hope I took enough of you with me to earn that reward ?
    :D

that game was 3v3 for a while after everyone getting kicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭tomombo

add me just got the game the other week lads TommyKtheDJ15

mad craic!! are there any proper funny cheats for the game?

tomombo wrote: »
    add me just got the game the other week lads TommyKtheDJ15

mad craic!! are there any proper funny cheats for the game?
    ohhhh talk like that will get you some dirty looks :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

That was a hilarious killcam! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement