Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops IRL Clan

Options
1505152535456»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

kingofthekop is my GT. K/D ratio well above 1:1. howd i get into the clan?
    Cork24 wrote: »
    corkpredator is My user name on a good few times a week

I posted this recently on the other IRL clan thread for Bad Company 2:

"Just thought I'd take this opportunity to explain a little bit about IRL Clan's background, the website, the forum and membership.

• IRL Clan originated from this thread nearly a year and a half ago. It became obvious towards the end of last year that the community had grown too large for this thread and the members decided to form their own private forum and website at www.irlclan.net
    • Due to originating here at Boards and the obvious overlap of memberships between Boards members and IRL Clan members there is a very strong tie between the two sites. Recently our members have been using the clan forum for posting and this thread less and less but all members still regularly check on here, so this is the best place for people to introduce themselves to the community and organise games with members, as the clan forum is for members only.
    • Although initially, we only played Battlefield Bad Company 2, as the community grew and expended, we now cover all types of games. Although, BF:BC2 and BlOps are the most played and a major revival of BF:BC2 has been observed recently. Most likely due to the upcoming release of Battlefield 3.
    • The community was formed by like minded, mature gamers and the reason for the membership process is to make sure that new members fit into the community and don't impact negatively on the experience had by everyone else.
    • The membership process is very simple, post on here that you're interested in playing a few games with us. It's then up to you to add the existing members GamerTags to your Friends List, this is very important, we do not add you, you add us. We learned the hard way with this and all ended up with Friends Lists full of people that never play! Then, if you enjoy yourself and the existing members feel that you're someone that they would like to have join the community, then you'll be formally asked to register at the website. Site Admin will be notified and your application will be approved.
    • Once you have been officially accepted into the clan website, then you have full access the the clan forums and can use the clan tag "IRL" whenever possible.
    • It's important to realise that the clan is more than just a gaming clan, it has developed into a full community, ranging in ages from late teens to near dead. We recently had a paintballing weekend away in Kerry and another trip is being organised for this September. We are in the process of commencing a Podcast, the website is under constant development and the community is going from strength to strength. Although I can't remember the exact membership count, you'll definitely be short of space on your friends list! wink.gif
    Any questions, please feel free to ask. It's also worth noting that with the upcoming release of Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3, there will be a huge increase in the amount of gamers wishing to join the community for the benefit of being in organised squads. We will be pushing out the membership approval process to two months or so at the release of B3. This will be to combat the huge amount of casual gamers that will play it for a month and probably never be seen again.

So, if you're interested in joining the community for the upcoming B3, then get involved now otherwise you'll likely miss the craic with all of us on launch"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

In the interest of fairness, since no other clan is allowed to post in the Xbox Forum and the fact that all IRL Clan threads have been dormant on Boards for nearly six months, I've decided to close all IRL Clan threads permanently on Boards.

IRL Clan wishes to thanks Boards for all it's support since it's formation years ago.

Should anyone want to contact or play with members of the IRL Clan community, you can find them on Facebook under "IRL Clan" or at www.irlclan.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement