Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best feeling in the world!

• 06-11-2010 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

this may not be an animal and pet issue but i just came home after being out for an hour or so and coming home and opening the door to my two dogs giving me kisses and being so happy to see me was amazing! it by far the best feeling ever i wasnt even gone very long and there still giving me cuddles i love it! and i just thought id share my opinion on it! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

Yeah the affection that pets give is something else isn't it! It's some cure for the blues if you have had a tough day in work to come home to a dog jumping all over you.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

I only get to see my dads dog (half mine) every few weeks and when he sees me, he goes mad with excitement and kisses and never leaves my side through the whole visit, he even sleeps beside me.

He's the only thing that makes me smile all the time, even just thinking about him and seeing funny pics. Hes an hilarious dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

i love it so on the bed giving me cuddles! the two of them so happy!! :-) it really is the warmest and best feeling in the world on a cold day like today!! i love them soo much!!

I love dogs so much, especially my own obviously that my pals take the piss out of me...!
    I dont mind though, I know loads of people that will do anything for their dogs or pets in general. Ive even just completed an oil painting of my dog...hes standing on the comeragh mountains in the painting. Im fairly proud of it and cant wait to give it to my Dad for christmas (master owner).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

As a single guy I have to wonder if any woman would thrust her nose into my sweaty armpit the way that my Saluki does when I come home :D. My three queue up to show how much they love me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Lol @ Discodog!!

I love when my dog greets me, it's very funny at the moment, she's had a haircut so she's like a fat little sausage, she lets her tail wag her!!! The sheer joy and exhuberance she shows when you walk in the room is enough to cheer up the darkest days! :p

wow im loving all these storys makes coming home on a cold day so warming :D thanks all for sharing keep em coming :D

When Im going down to my hometown on the train, when the train is just going in to the station, I can see my Dads car in the car park waiting for me and my dog is always staring out the window and barking with excitement waiting for me.
    When I was younger and we had two yorkies as pets. They meant the universe to me and whenever I was upset (I was a teen at the time)...I used to stay in my room and whenever I cried, they'd lick the tears off of my face.

It ALWAYS made me smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I was out all day, doesn't happen often, I got home to walk my two mid morning, then had to leave them for 7 hrs(happens very rarely there left that long) and so I gave them a marrowbone each.
    I come home bloody knackered and in need of some quiet cuddles, and what do I get...a muffled "woof woof" at the door(muffled due to the bones in their mouths), wagging tails as I opened it, then they turned tail and got back into the beds to continue chewing the bones!
    I had to wait for my daughter to come home for a hug:(

My dogs don't love me as much as a marrowbone:(

Usually I get the best welcome in the world:)
    Dogs give the best welcome home:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The best thing is that dogs are happy to see you enter the room! Even just going to the bathroom and they greet you when you come back! Or going out to the bins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭HelenT

The best thing for me is when we take her on her daily walks. The excitement that she transmits onto us is infectious.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

My parents don't know who gets more excited when I come home, my dog or me! I literally abanden my car in the middle of the road, jump the wall (cos it would take a precious few seconds too long to open the gate) to get in to see my boy, he just goes mental for his big hugs! The minute I get off the boat in Dublin I'm just racing up to see my little boy! (all 7stone of him!). He spends all the next day doing his 'smiling ears'.... he's lab cross and seems to hold his ears at half mast when ever he's happy, so flippin' cute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

My Akita sits inside the sitting room window half an hour before I come home watching out towards the gate for me and once he see' s me he runs straight outside to jump on me and lick.
    Also when we're gone off he sits on the front door step just watching the gate until we come home.
    Loves his trips in the car - he run's to the car when we get the keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Aw i so miss that. The pure and honest excitement when they see ya cannot be matched. My dog used to nearly fall over herself running to see me and it made me grin everytime. Miss her! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Myyra

Lovely homecoming stories!

It's really is the best feeling ever, our girl is always waiting at the living room window tail wagging even if we've only been gone for a little while! I reckon she gets the biggest kicks when we're coming home from the supermarket and she gets to sniff the bags of groceries just in case there'd be something for her there!

i love reading all these storys of how every ones animals are so happy to see them when they get home it really clears up some of the doom and gloom!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

A cousin of mine was bemoaning her single state the other week and said to me didn't I feel it awful coming home night after night to an empty house. I reminded her that I don't come home to an empty house. I come home to three dogs who are very happy to see me. It makes all the difference.

One of my dogs used to jump up on the chair beside my late grandmother in excitement and try to lick her face when I'd walk in the door. My grandmother would splutter and protest and one day I said to her, 'You know that dog loves you' as I told the dog to get down.
    'Oh yes', replied my grandmother, 'but sometimes her love can be a scary thing!'
    The dogs kept my grandmother mentally alert and interested in life right up until she passed away at 101 and for that I am eternally grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I love it when I come home from my night class and I can see my girl looking out of the sitting room window. It's almost as if she senses that I'm coming home! I can tell that her tail is going nineteen to the dozen by the way her body is shaking :) Love her to bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Yup, amazing feeling. Got in today after being out in the wind and rain to an excited Lucy doing her happy wiggle dance and licking me to death. Waiting for my husband to get home as he's working late and she's curled up on the back of the couch with her head on my shoulder and one ear cocked waiting for the sound of his key in the door. Then she'll stand up on the arm of the couch nearest the livingroom door, do some more wiggling and start "talking" to him and jumping on him when he walks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Well, yes... but sometimes it gets too much!.

We have a gate at the bottom of the stairs to stop the dogs coming up and if the bathroom ( downstairs) is needed in the night, it gets impossible to get past wee dog who is bouncing up and down right by the gate..... It is the Jack in her of course, but with the weight and build of the basset....

And all collie wants is FOOD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I recently collected my German Shepherd from kennels after being away on a 7 day holiday.

He was so thrilled to see me he was even yelping in the kennels like mad when he heard my voice talking to the kennel owner.

Then on the way home he was in the back in a dog carrier but he howled all the way home in the car which he had never ever done previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Seriously never is there a better welcome than that off a dog. Whenever I come home I get barely audible grunts off the two-leggers in the house, whereas my Akita leaps up giving me kisses and running in circles before another hug. There's nothing like feeling missed to make ya go "ya know, things aren't that bad".

Even if I've gone to the other room to take a phone call and might have been a half hour, she gets all excited at my return to the living room and runs round almost like she's telling anyone who'll listen that I've returned :)

Advertisement