Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB wont Fix Mortgage until Self Build is Finished

Options
  • 06-11-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just been approved for a mortgage with AIB and BOI. I want to fix for three years but AIB have said that I can't fix until the house is finished (July 2011) and that I will have to go on a variable rate before then.

Is this the norm or are they pulling a fast one? I would prefer to fix as I think interest rates could rocket over the next 6 months when the IMF take over from Fianna Fail.

Also, is there much point in applying to other instituitions for a mortgage or should I just go with AIB or BOI?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

the rate can only be fixed when you draw down the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

This is standard practice unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

BMD wrote: »

Also, is there much point in applying to other instituitions for a mortgage or should I just go with AIB or BOI?

:rolleyes:

I sincerely hope you have shopped around more and have not only applied to AIB and BoI.

If not, absolutely, do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tinad

Hi i have obtained full planning permission from the council only a few weeks ago:D. I have been gifted the site from my parents and am in the process of getting it signed into my name. Next step is mortgage hunting. Can anyone shed some light on lenders at the moment. I spent alot of money in the planning process and my savings are not up to much. Any one know who's offering the best deals at the moment??

Advertisement