Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could super collider Particle accelerator black holes created sink holes

• 06-11-2010 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

hi hope im in the right place here but last night i had a thought regarding the sink holes that are popping up every where.

Is it possible that the super collider Particle accelerator which creates microscopic black holes be the cause of the sink hole's?

if a microscopic black hole opens for a micro-second it can suck matter in and then it closes soon after.

what are your thoughts on this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

would be an awesome way to get rid of trash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

would be an awesome way to get rid of trash
    thanks but genuine answers

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

tonyheaney wrote: »
    thanks but genuine answers

Then don't ask daft questions.

5uspect wrote: »
    Then don't ask daft questions.
    it’s not a daft question it an intelligent question based on the super collider particle accelerator and how it creates microscopic black holes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

hi hope im in the right place here but last night i had a thought regarding the sink holes that are popping up every where.

It might better equip us to answer your question if you can provide us with some details on what drugs you where taking last night?

• Advertisement

Why is it an intelligent question? What is remotely enlightened about it?
    It seems juvenile, ill informed and reactionary to me.

There are lots of boring geological reasons why sinkholes happen. But you would rather pin it on mysterious quantum particles and black holes. Of course interactions at similar energy levels occur in our atmosphere all the time.

I wonder if a black hole resulting from incident cosmic rays blew up the engine on the A380?

It's a very daft question.

Why is it an intelligent question? What is remotely enlightened about it?
    It seems juvenile, ill informed and reactionary to me.

There are lots of boring geological reasons why sinkholes happen. But you would rather pin it on mysterious quantum particles and black holes. Of course interactions at similar energy levels occur in our atmosphere all the time.

I wonder if a black hole resulting from incident cosmic rays blew up the engine on the A380?

It's a very daft question.
    well give it few years and my madness will be proven that i am right like many others claimed to be mad only to be vindicated, ill hold in my laughter for now and bow your your wisdom LOL

What kind of nonsensical response is that?

Why even ask here if you already "know" you're right?
    There is no evidence that the LHC can do anything that we don't already see in nature.
    http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/lhc/safety-en.html

What wrong with the simple answer?
    No, lets blame the big scary bit of difficult science instead and hysterically claim future vindication when we're all sucked into a singularity in a picosecond.

What kind of nonsensical response is that?

Why even ask here if you already "know" you're right?
    There is no evidence that the LHC can do anything that we don't already see in nature.
    http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/lhc/safety-en.html

What wrong with the simple answer?
    No, lets blame the big scary bit of difficult science instead and hysterically claim future vindication when we're all sucked into a singularity in a picosecond.
    oops sorry didn't know i was meant to keep my commie options to my self bad Tony bad Tony slap slap tony LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If it's a blackhole then surely it will have super-gravity (I'm sure it'd not the right term, too drunk and depressed to check the right one) in every direction, as is the nature of gravity. Any sink-holes I've seen have sucked every toward the centre of the earth, blackholes would suck everything to a point (for an infinitesimally small amount of time) then stop, so there would be a lot of debris around the edges of the sinkhole, and the matter around the edges of them would also be affected hugely but in reality there are human constructions overhanging them.

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    If it's a blackhole then surely it will have super-gravity (I'm sure it'd not the right term, too drunk and depressed to check the right one) in every direction, as is the nature of gravity. Any sink-holes I've seen have sucked every toward the centre of the earth, blackholes would suck everything to a point (for an infinitesimally small amount of time) then stop, so there would be a lot of debris around the edges of the sinkhole, and the matter around the edges of them would also be affected hugely but in reality there are human constructions overhanging them.

now that's an answer if this was another site you'd get 10 points

oops sorry didn't know i was meant to keep my commie options to my self bad Tony bad Tony slap slap tony LOL

An open mind without presupposed conclusions is not a lot to ask for.

now that's an answer if this was another site you'd get 10 points

I'm not trying to be condescending but when you think about physics you have to always think in 3 dimensions rather then the 2 + a foot up and down that we usually think in. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Is it possible that the super collider Particle accelerator which creates microscopic black holes...

No collider does this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

amacachi wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be condescending but when you think about physics you have to always think in 3 dimensions rather then the 2 + a foot up and down that we usually think in. :)
    pffff you need to think in at least 4 dimensions :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Black holes evaporate , 'Hawking' radiation (Who is The Journal Of Quantum Physics going to believe? ) and all that.

Any black hole created would evaporate before enough matter could fall into it to self perpetuate.

Don't forget we have observed cosmic rays more powerful than we could produce in a collider. And there are lot's we've not observed, and our planet has been here for over 4 billion years without imploding.

Personally I like the idea that an electron is a black hole , it's elegant and matches some of the observed behaviour.

Also we don't need sink holes to get rid of waste we should be recycling

pffff you need to think in at least 4 dimensions :D

I try but it's one thing if I cause my own head to explode, don't want it to happen to someone else though. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

well give it few years and my madness will be proven that i am right like many others claimed to be mad only to be vindicated, ill hold in my laughter for now and bow your your wisdom LOL

Well, now while you yourself might be personally vindicated, it turns out I had your brainwave a few months ago. So I think I'll be getting the original honours thank you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭cianl1

Is it possible that the super collider Particle accelerator which creates microscopic black holes be the cause of the sink hole's?

if a microscopic black hole opens for a micro-second it can suck matter in and then it closes soon after.

what are your thoughts on this??

Sorry to bump an old thread but I've just stopped laughing now from when this was first posted.

What you're saying is that the reason for sinkholes appearing in Ireland (I assume you mean), is microblackholes created inside the Large Hadron Collider, one of if not the largest man-made vacuum on Earth, in Switzerland.

And to address your point about people regarded as "mad" making outlandish statements about physics and science in general being vindicated later in life, those "mad" people usually have an understanding of the theory behind what they claim. Einstein formulated Special Relativity based on the mathematical basis of Lorentz Transformations.

cianl1 wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I've just stopped laughing now from when this was first posted.

What you're saying is that the reason for sinkholes appearing in Ireland (I assume you mean), is microblackholes created inside the Large Hadron Collider, one of if not the largest man-made vacuum on Earth, in Switzerland.

And to address your point about people regarded as "mad" making outlandish statements about physics and science in general being vindicated later in life, those "mad" people usually have an understanding of the theory behind what they claim. Einstein formulated Special Relativity based on the mathematical basis of Lorentz Transformations.

just popped by forgot this tread, what sink hole in Ireland is that then??

• Advertisement
Advertisement