Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite unhealthy food?

Options
  • 06-11-2010 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Mine is fizzy drinks. Giving them up completely is very difficult for me, even though I drink lots of water too!

What about ye? Poll to follow..

What is your favourite unhealthy food? 74 votes

chocolate (incl. white, milk, dark and all types of chocolate bars and sweets)
    0% 0 votes
    crisps (incl. corn snacks, pringles..)
    25% 19 votes
    ice cream
    17% 13 votes
    biscuits (eg. cookies, jammy dodgers, toffypops...)
    2% 2 votes
    cake/buns/cake bars (eg. mini-rolls..)
    2% 2 votes
    peanuts (eg. salted, roasted, chilli..)
    6% 5 votes
    jellies (eg. haribo, cola bottles)
    2% 2 votes
    sugary breakfast cereals
    4% 3 votes
    doughnuts
    0% 0 votes
    sugary yogurts (eg. muller corners, aero yogurts..)
    0% 0 votes
    fizzy drinks + other unhealthy soft drinks
    0% 0 votes
    take-away food (eg. pizza, chips, white rolls, chinese..)
    10% 8 votes
    glass sweets (eg. glacier mints, lollipops, polo fruits..)
    27% 20 votes
    mints (eg. polo, softmints...)
    0% 0 votes
    other sweets ...eg. skittles, starburst, eclairs, rice krispy squares, wham bars...
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I went for peanuts, as everytime there are shelled ones on sale I buy the largest bag possible and dont stop eating until I feel like throwing up.

Thank god I cant find them except in the run up to Halloween, I would die otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I love cake. Everything about it, buying/ baking it, icing it, eating it.
    Give me a slice of cake on a plate with a fork and a cuppa any day.

It's bold...but so worth it:)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Crisps (and derivatives) FTW! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

All of the above. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I went for peanuts, as everytime there are shelled ones on sale I buy the largest bag possible and dont stop eating until I feel like throwing up.
    They'd be on my list of healthy foods!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Aw it was so hard to choose. Went for take aways,love of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Chocolate all the way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

My predictions for this poll are that jellies, glass sweets, mints, other sweets, yougurts and doughnuts wont fare too well...had to include them though!

That said, jelly babies are an exception to this...they are fairly nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

BOMBAY MIX!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

ShevY wrote: »
    BOMBAY MIX!

They're unhealthy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Superlativeman

Genetically Modified Food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Fried white bread and a fried egg :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

White Bread for sure, I don't think I could ever give it up. I also love cheese and Nutella, actually they're good on the bread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

+1 on "All of the Above" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Chocolate and chocolate ice cream and pizza, equally. Very hard to choose. But I chose chocolate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MisterMom

Mine has to be take away, I'd eat chinese 7 days a week if I could get away with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Can't decide if Wine Gums are jellies or "other sweets".

I think they're more - other sweets but they are jelly-like too.

Pfff. Pizza's not unhealthy. Maybe dominos is but not pizza per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

Its a toss up between chocolate and take aways for me. I went with chocolate, cos I defo eat some every day, but keep take aways to about 1 a week due to financial (and health) reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Profiteroles.

Think about it, they're small so you can eat a lot and lose count so you can lie to yourself that you've only had 2, when CLEARLY you've eaten 27. You can cover them in hot, melted chocolate sauce and no one will judge you for how much you put on, they'll just be jealous that they're "cutting back" and eating some ****e like a fruit salad. And the entire concept behind them, little pastry balls FILLED WITH WHIPPED CREAM! Good gravy (Also really tasty, but that's for a different thread), how can you NOT think it's the greatest unhealthy food about?

That, my fellow Irishmen (There are no women on the internet), is why the profiterole is the worlds greatest unhealthy food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't get cravings for much sugary snacks or eat much chocolate (unless its at least 70% cocoa) but have a hard time with the auld Tayto or King. It is my only vice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Profiteroles.

Think about it, they're small so you can eat a lot and lose count so you can lie to yourself that you've only had 2, when CLEARLY you've eaten 27. You can cover them in hot, melted chocolate sauce and no one will judge you for how much you put on, they'll just be jealous that they're "cutting back" and eating some ****e like a fruit salad. And the entire concept behind them, little pastry balls FILLED WITH WHIPPED CREAM! Good gravy (Also really tasty, but that's for a different thread), how can you NOT think it's the greatest unhealthy food about?

That, my fellow Irishmen (There are no women on the internet), is why the profiterole is the worlds greatest unhealthy food.
    Good argument, but no, I've always found them rather tasteless and boring. The pastry and the cream really just get in the way of the good bit, the chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Crisps and chocolate for me. I've just lost 9lb in the last 4 weeks by staying off that crap!

But I miss it so so so so so much....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Heh.... nothing like the talk of weight loss to kill a snack thread stone dead!

Sowweeeeee! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

love chocolate ultimate vice.
    If I'm after a night out I cannot pass Abra without getting a quarter pounder with cheese and a taco chips. Have to pump some dirty calories into me:D:D

I do like fizzy drinks too, but I don't drink them that often, unless I'm pre drinking before a big night out!:)

MR E....I may have restored the thread with my high calorie infused post!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I went for fizzy drinks.

I eat a lot of take out, but thats mainly because I work away from home so much.... when I'm at home I eat healthy.

However, a day without a fizzy drink is a day in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

Club Lemon, I'm an addict:(

Advertisement