Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negative Environmental Feedback : Lapse Rate.

Options
  • 06-11-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Can somebody please explain the negative feedback 'Lapse Rate' to me in layman's terms. I've tried searching everywhere on line for it but I cannot find a clear explanation of it anywhere.
    I have a clear understanding of most feedbacks, positive and negative but I cannot get my head around this one at all.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Know all about it now having researched it more deeply. It's basic enough Environmental Science but I'm only a lowly 1st year student. To be honest though the fact that no one on here could answer my initial question makes me question the point of this forum.
    What are the regular posters here qualified in if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Know all about it now having researched it more deeply. It's basic enough Environmental Science but I'm only a lowly 1st year student. To be honest though the fact that no one on here could answer my initial question makes me question the point of this forum.
    What are the regular posters here qualified in if you don't mind me asking?

Maybe it's because as you say a "basic enough Environmental Science" concept and doesn't warrant discussion since it's rather self explanatory and a dictionary would have probably been more help.

Actually, I do mind you asking or questioning peoples' academic background, that's their business not yours. Frankly, who do you think you are to ask such a question? Me, well I've got this thing called an M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences from Trinity so let's not start 'pulling rank' here.;)

Just because nobody answered your question doesn't make the forum redundant, perhaps it was the question itself. If you had bumped the thread in a more courteous manner, you might have gotten more information.

Finally, people have lives and are not obliged to answer every thread that comes along.

El Siglo wrote: »
    Maybe it's because as you say a "basic enough Environmental Science" concept and doesn't warrant discussion since it's rather self explanatory and a dictionary would have probably been more help.

Actually, I do mind you asking or questioning peoples' academic background, that's their business not yours. Frankly, who do you think you are to ask such a question? Me, well I've got this thing called an M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences from Trinity so let's not start 'pulling rank' here.;)

Just because nobody answered your question doesn't make the forum redundant, perhaps it was the question itself. If you had bumped the thread in a more courteous manner, you might have gotten more information.

Finally, people have lives and are not obliged to answer every thread that comes along.

How come you didn't answer it? Being mod of this new forum I thought you'd only be too happy to share some of your knowledge with a newbie to this area.

How come you didn't answer it? Being mod of this new forum I thought you'd only be too happy to share some of your knowledge with a newbie to this area.

Because I'm not here to answer every single question, there are other posters here who can do that as well. Besides, I have a life outside of this forum and I'm not here at users 'beck and call'.

El Siglo wrote: »
    Because I'm not here to answer every single question, there are other posters here who can do that as well. Besides, I have a life outside of this forum and I'm not here at users 'beck and call'.

Very unhelpful attitude, it costs nothing to be nice you know? I was clearly raised differently from you.

• Advertisement

Very unhelpful attitude, it costs nothing to be nice you know? I was clearly raised differently from you.

Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to get into an argument over it.

I'm locking this thread, I'm sure it's safe to say that it has ran it's course.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement