Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacon and Corn chowder

Options
  • 06-11-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi!

After seeing a similar recipe on Come Dine with Me today, I want to try this!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10040/bacon-and-sweetcorn-chowder

I'm probably going to adapt the volumes of stock a little bit to make it thicker.

But my problem is, my OH doesn't really like corn, at all. What would be a suitable substitute?

Would sweet potato be ok? Ideally Id like to make a corn one for me and the other for him so something easy to throw in would be ideal!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

What about frozen peas? Or leeks?

I wouldn't use sweet potato, but that may be more of a personal choice - I find the taste rather bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I wouldn't use sweet potato either would go too mushy I think. I'd go with frozen peas as well or maybe cubes of ordinary potato. Maybe roast them off until they are golden brown and then add at the last minute to the chowder.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'll have a go during the week and report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Corn chowder is corn chowder. You can't really sub anything for the corn.

Advertisement