Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Foam Rubber

Options
  • 06-11-2010 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

Who sells foam rubber in Galway ?. I need a couple of bits of 2 inch high density foam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I dunno but at this stage I bet John Cleary does :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but the fruit and veg packing in Dunnes is pretty dense foam, if you catch them on the right day when they are throwing out the old ones, they'll will happily give you bags of the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I mean foam rubber, not polystyrene, like you would have in a chair or bed.
    Upholsterers use it but I don't know if they sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Aha! I have an answer for you of sorts....

Recently my sis wanted the same stuff, for doing up a chair. She found a lovely upholsterer in either loughrea or claregalway (cant remember which) that sells it very reasonably, cut to any size. But you can find out by ringing curleys furniture and asking them to recommend you an upholsterer out there, and they will tell you who it is.

I'll try to find the name in the meantime.:)

Advertisement